Club and Corona survey

Sheridan

A lot of clubs have been open all summer for practice and camps. My question is how many cases have clubs had? If you have this information please post. Hopefully Ohsaa can see that sports can happen.

Wonder if colleges can club wrestle when they get shut down?
I believe they can wrestle unattached, but not for a member school (NCAA school club).... So, theoretically they can wrestle for clubs like RTC's in open events... The only issue I can see is that it could effect eligibility if a season did happen (as in a late start in January).

I believe they can wrestle unattached, but not for a member school (NCAA school club).... So, theoretically they can wrestle for clubs like RTC's in open events... The only issue I can see is that it could effect eligibility if a season did happen (as in a late start in January).

It's pretty much as you described. If the school has an NCWA (National Collegiate Wrestling Association) club, the team needs to renew their registration each year, which requires the school (i.e. club sports director) to sign off on it. If an NCAA team gets shut down and wants to join the NCWA, they'd have to register their club in the same way. Some NCAA DI schools also have an NCWA club on campus already.

If a wrestler enrolled at a college with an NCWA club wants to compete unattached (i.e. without registering with the NCWA) they can do so but wouldn't be eligible to wrestle in the NCWA later in the season.

We'll see if college opens even happen this year - I hope they do but I'm not terribly optimistic. Since the NCWA has a little more freedom than the NCAA I'd say there's a slightly higher chance that they have a season of some format, but clubs would still be at the mercy of their school's approval.

Most clubs I know of been pretty successful so far. Not hearing any bad news. I think it's up to the family if they wanna train and compete.

We have been running training for a few weeks now with no issues. We are taking every precaution possible as to keep everyone safe or a least as much as you can with our sport. This is really going to come down to the individual school systems. There are very few tournament directors that have a clear understanding how to navigate through this which will limit competition opportunities. Unfortunately for us wrestling season comes at the same time as cold and flu season. This will make things way more difficult as we get into the season time frame. For now, we are training and keeping the kids as busy as possible (the most important part for their mental health- in my opinion), with the positive mindset we will be competing this season.

I think we'll have a better feel for things in the next month or two. We're kinda lucky in that football is happening. If they can make it through the season without many issues then we have a hard case to at least have dual meets. If they have a lot of issues i don't think we'll be able to have a season. Or at least a season any of us would consider "somewhat normal".

I only coach youth wrestling now but my current goal is I hope the schools allow us to use the room. That's going to be a big "if" right now. If we can't use the schools room then there's not really a backup plan I can think of. If all we can do is practice and compete within our room. Well, not what i want but we can make it work. I don't think the large youth tournaments will be an option.