Now 8 months of football instead of 4!

To be honest, I’ll be surprised if there is spring football. I think it’s a rouse to lessen the blow.

If teams play this fall, even less of a chance. There’s zero chance OSU plays in the spring if the ACC, Big 12, and ACC play in the fall.

To be honest, I’ll be surprised if there is spring football. I think it’s a rouse to lessen the blow.

If teams play this fall, even less of a chance. There’s zero chance OSU plays in the spring if the ACC, Big 12, and ACC play in the fall.

Correct, spring football has a miniscule chance of happening if the SEC or any other power 5 conference play in the fall. The quick turnaround to what could be a normal season in the fall of 2021 with full schedules, championships and bowls would make it a dumb idea for Ohio State to play in what would be an exhibition spring season risking injury to players for a real fall season starting a couple months after the conclusion of spring. With all the recruits Ohio State is going to lose and transfers out, I don't think they need to worry about contending for a national championship anytime soon however.

I was being sarcastic. No way they play spring football

With all the absolutely ridiculous posts on Yappi regarding spring football (college and high school), please forgive me for not knowing you were being sarcastic. Well played, you got me. ?

With some schools playing in the fall and others moving to spring we will now have more football to watch over the next 8-9 months. I like it!
Don’t get too excited. Count spring football as canceled also. Everyone is pretending this is going away. It will be here in the spring and summer and next fall and next winter. If people don’t start to realize this and that we need to live with it, they will keep postponing until the next season saying it might get better. It’s a joke.

Don’t get too excited. Count spring football as canceled also. Everyone is pretending this is going away. It will be here in the spring and summer and next fall and next winter. If people don’t start to realize this and that we need to live with it, they will keep postponing until the next season saying it might get better. It’s a joke.
Based on what ?

Don't execute the prisoner before the trial - there's nothing to really gain by dropping the axe now vs. later. The real hell is going to hit in September and early October with resumption of in-person schools , and we'll all know a lot more by December.

My dark side is thinking that the reasoning is that the schools could make more money with stands half full in the spring instead of 20% full now. 20% full will probably result in half or more of even the Power 5 losing money on football. Cancelling now would also result in the assured loss of TV evenues.

Now - if I'm a rising junior or senior who is viewing college as a necessary evil before hitting the NFL, what next? Bail now and condition for the draft, or hope that the NFL delays the draft until June?

I agree with you here

we will have the vaccine in early 2021 so don't see that happening

Here you go.
When you use Fauci as a basis you have already lost the argument.
The vaccine debate is ignorant anyway. How many people are going to sign up to take this vaccine right away ? I’ll let the guinea pigs do it for a few years.

It’s amazing to me how many doctors and epidemiologists are on here. ??‍♂️
Show me where COVID will disappear. If people aren’t willing to live with some level of this everything will continue to get canceled because people are stupid.

I don't necessarily agree with

An all-B10 schedule will still pull in capacity crowds - add in a "Pac=12 - Big Ten" home-and away game to the mix and you would have a very attractive package to sell. That - if we have spring ball.

Show me where COVID will disappear. If people aren’t willing to live with some level of this everything will continue to get canceled because people are stupid.
People won’t be willing to just “live with it” for awhile because there are too many unknowns. So be prepared for a lot of cancellations and things not happening for awhile.

I find it funny that people think that just because they’re medical professionals, they’re not influenced by politics, especially high level appointees and administrators.

They got these roles BECAUSE of their willingness to tow the line.

I would look up more for you, but if you don’t know scared sheep will keep canceling everything by now, it’s pointless
You don’t need to look up anything for me, I am perfectly able to on my own. But for you to just come out and say spring football is cancelled also is ignorant. You act like this has been going on for 5 years now. It’s 5 months this week.

It’s amazing to me how many doctors and epidemiologists are on here. ??‍♂️

I'm no doctor. I am but a simple medical risk manager specializing in the high-cost claim field, and confer daily with doctors and epidemiologists at the macro-view level. About a thousand employers bet a few hundred million dollars of their money on my recommendations every year.

I am seeing about 120 new claims a day for U07.1, with ten percent of them generating a payment of over $250,000. And I don't get claims for the over-65 crowd, either (that's usually Medicare's problem).

I'm no doctor. I am but a simple medical risk manager specializing in the high-cost claim field, and confer daily with doctors and epidemiologists at the macro-view level. About a thousand employers bet a few hundred million dollars of their money on my recommendations every year.

I am seeing about 120 new claims a day for U07.1, with ten percent of them generating a payment of over $250,000. And I don't get claims for the over-65 crowd, either (that's usually Medicare's problem).
Ok so you aren’t a doctor or an epidemiologist ??‍♂️

I believe the teams who wait to spring will be SIL.

With that said though, I do fully believe this won't be much of an issue after Biden is swore into office in January. Around next Feb/Mar the narrative will be that the virus isnt as bad as they had once thought.