London Boys Basketball

Maybe London could ask the OHSAA to switch districts with Mechanicsburg. That might be their best path out of districts.

(We need some jest in these times.)

Heard Fairbanks

Have heard he's headed there, but he's either not coaching or just going to be assisting. This seems to have been a lifestyle move.

Fairbanks' coach is a Fairbanks grad and they've been pretty successful the last few years with a pretty well-stocked pipeline to come. I don't see Coach Brown replacing Coach George in that head role any time soon.

I heard interim coach from Springfield, a guy who was at catholic central and an assistant from one of the Hilliard schools. Fan4life seems to have some inside info.... any news from your source Fan4?

Sounds right. Thought announcement was going to be made this week, but apparently not. What Hilliard school is the assistant from?

Most of the school districts hiring a coach is being pushed back, because of graduations. Pretty sure A.D's are helping the other administrators with how graduations are now being handled.

Most school districts post their agenda of the board meetings prior. Should know by tomorrow if they ended up hiring the next coach.

Most school districts post their agenda of the board meetings prior. Should know by tomorrow if they ended up hiring the next coach.

Their board agenda has been posted, and it looks like the hire is going to be made. They wound up with a very good candidate for this job.

For those that may be unaware, he was the coach at Catholic Central for three years and was an assistant at Wittenberg last year.

At Central he inherited a very good sophomore group when he walked in, and he won a pair of league and district titles with them.

It’ll be interesting to see if he leaves after this talented senior class graduates as he did at Central

It’ll be interesting to see if he leaves after this talented senior class graduates as he did at Central

I’m pretty sure he left Central because he wanted to try the college out and it was evident that he helped Wittenberg finish with their best record in years and a sweet 16 appearance.

Probably left because of budget cuts to all departments at Wittenberg and he was a volunteer. I’d assume he’s getting paid a lot more at London than what he made at Central.

Pretty often at smaller colleges assistants get to dip their hands into summer camp money. I wouldn't be surprised if he "made" more at Wittenberg coaching than he did at Central. Teaching wise he's been at the STEM school the last few years.

As far as coaching goes, I think the Wittenberg move was always about trying to resume build for another high school job. I thought it was pretty obvious he left Central because like everyone else he knew they were going to be rebuilding for a couple years.

All of these points are for the naive to believe. Wittenberg was led by a senior laden group who won 27 games as sophomores and ever since Croci arrived has seen an increase in the talent they recruit. He was a volunteer at Witt so probably not impacted too much by the budget cuts. If he is in coaching for the money he chose the wrong profession unfortunately. I think this is a good hire, just curious the stability he provides looking at past history.

I’m pretty sure he left Central because he wanted to try the college out and it was evident that he helped Wittenberg finish with their best record in years and a sweet 16 appearance.

Probably left because of budget cuts to all departments at Wittenberg and he was a volunteer. I’d assume he’s getting paid a lot more at London than what he made at Central.

Stability has gone out the door just about everywhere.

There aren't too many younger coaches that survive more than 3-4 years at the same spot. Either you win and advance to the next job (or take a break until you get your next job), or you don't win enough and you get fired.

All of these points are for the naive to believe. Wittenberg was led by a senior laden group who won 27 games as sophomores and ever since Croci arrived has seen an increase in the talent they recruit. He was a volunteer at Witt so probably not impacted too much by the budget cuts. If he is in coaching for the money he chose the wrong profession unfortunately. I think this is a good hire, just curious the stability he provides looking at past history.

lol, isn't he under 30? He's probably figuring out what he wants to do.

You clearly weren't asking this in good faith when you posed this question to me months ago.

bobcat44 said:
I didn’t know volunteer coaches made that much money. How much do they make Don Juan?

I gave you an answer then. NWWarrior explained it above, and you still keep pushing this weird 'money' angle. You didn't get to see a recruiting impact at Witt because he's gone, and Croci has obviously gotten really talented kids, but it's not like this guy just got to pick to go to Wittenberg. Croci is trying to turn the program back into the prestigious one it once was, and he knows he needs really talented coaches to do it.