The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Hard to get paid if the teams aren't taking in revenue. Definitely uncharted territory for all parties involved.

BTW my son in law says they are not being paid.
That stinks but kind of what I figured. Hopefully we dont lose out on Bauer completely.

Hard to get paid if the teams aren't taking in revenue. Definitely uncharted territory for all parties involved.

BTW my son in law says they are not being paid.
Didn’t they reach an agreement with the union on partial payment this year even if the season doesn’t start?

Didn’t they reach an agreement with the union on partial payment this year even if the season doesn’t start?
Idk if that includes minor leaguers.

The big leaguers will get $170M. I think that is a total dollar amount from the league.

If they play any games then salaries are prorated.

Good thing for you is that many players are video tapping their workouts and posting them on Instagram. Haven't really seen anyone doing baseball activities. A lot of yoga and bodyweight exercises. The only guy I've really seen throwing is Hunter Greene who would fall under the rehab category. I'll give it to you, even though your opinion is always wrong you stick with it
Oh, ok then, since they only post about 5 minutes of stretching, I"m sure they are doing nothing else. :rolleyes:

My son in law is a minor leaguer drafted out of college. He most definitely does not have the facilities you speak of nor does he have access to them at this time due to social distancing restrictions. He's just waiting like everyone else. He's doing things old school like throwing baseballs against a backstop and hitting off a tee into the backstop.
Oh ok, wow, why didn't you tell us this sooner, your son in law represents about 3% of the major league baseball players....actually less. We are talking about major league baseball players STAYING READY....guys who's minimum salary has been $550,000 over the last few seasons, and most make more than that. I'm sure Joey Votto isn't hitting off of a tee into a mattress in his apartment...good heavens...?

Oh ok, wow, why didn't you tell us this sooner, your son in law represents about 3% of the major league baseball players....actually less. We are talking about major league baseball players STAYING READY....guys who's minimum salary has been $550,000 over the last few seasons, and most make more than that. I'm sure Joey Votto isn't hitting off of a tee into a mattress in his apartment...good heavens...?
He doesn't represent any major league baseball players. He is a minor leaguer.

I also doubt he's facing major league pitching. My my main concerns are the health and safety of the players. But since you only care about performance...Joey's shown to be a slow starter as of late. Always says he's trying to get his timing and used to the pitching. Only having two weeks of Spring Training won't be a good thing for him if that pattern continues.

Seasons over, nobody will watch baseball if football is on at the same time
In addition to social distancing, could you start practicing social media distancing? Like stay away from this site and all others? Most negative person ever. Anyone who ever accomplished anything great never did so with a negative, crappy attitude. Ignore button is very tempting.

In addition to social distancing, could you start practicing social media distancing? Like stay away from this site and all others? Most negative person ever. Anyone who ever accomplished anything great never did so with a negative, crappy attitude. Ignore button is very tempting.
Don’t read my posts if it offends you, pretty simple stuff

Seasons over, nobody will watch baseball if football is on at the same time
I also doubt he's facing major league pitching. My my main concerns are the health and safety of the players. But since you only care about performance...Joey's shown to be a slow starter as of late. Always says he's trying to get his timing and used to the pitching. Only having two weeks of Spring Training won't be a good thing for him if that pattern continues.
I was actually hoping for the opposite, Maybe Joey hits the ground running in June rather than getting out of the gate slow in April/ May. I realize you are concerned of the players health and safety, but we all know that even in seasons where guys have 6 weeks/ two months of spring training, they still get hurt. Players just get hurt, weather they have a week or 6 weeks to get ready.

You're talking about starters getting maybe 2 outings before real games where with a normal schedule many would get 7-8. That's my main concern.

If MLB/MLBPA stick to their announcement the other day...July 1 would now be the earliest baseball could begin with Toronto banning group events until then.

Nobody's offended; it's just that you're a wet blanket and probably a depressing guy to be around in real life. People want to talk baseball and you're here moaning about everything.
Sorry if I bring you down with my opinions but I’ve been around Cincy sports my whole life and optimism isn’t easily achieved. I truly hope there is a baseball season, I would love it if the season had started on time, but it hasn’t, and it doesn’t look like it will for a long time. At this point I hope that by the football season this country is healed. I am excited to see Joe Burrow in stripes

We’ll probably see a lot fewer guys in the dugout when this starts back up and those we do see may be required to wear masks. Pitching will be interesting, won’t see guys go to the mouth to increase grip/friction.

MLB should consider opening the regular season in Arizona if need be. There's ten stadiums in AZ, so play every game out there (even the Grapefruit League teams) until they can play in front of fans again. It would eliminate traveling through airports and it would be much easier to quarantine each team because all the stadiums are within like a 40 minute drive. And the 115° temps will only help to kill the virus ?

Stagger start times so east coast teams start at 7pm ET and then the west coast teams start when it gets dark.

We’ll probably see a lot fewer guys in the dugout when this starts back up and those we do see may be required to wear masks. Pitching will be interesting, won’t see guys go to the mouth to increase grip/friction.
I'm usually good at detecting satire, but this one is so good I'm on the fence. If intended as satire, this is A+ work.

In the long run it's not going to be MLB who decides when baseball or any other sport comes back. Teams won't break government restrictions/recommendations

Finally watched parts of a Reds game last night. Perez with a big HR, and a clutch go-ahead hit by Morgan in the 9th. Reds win game 7 of the 1975 World Series. Big Saturday night at my house.