100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

H

Hmm...Trump just abandoned his Easter hopes and extended the oppression until April 30th. He also admitted respirators are now an issue after dismissing it days ago. His BS is having trouble keeping up.
Doesn't matter, don't care.

Germany kicking a....

Well if Germany is kicking $$$$ then the US is right on their heels kicking butt:

As of 8:30 pm today, Deaths per 1,000,000 citizens:

Germany = 6
USA = 7

For comparison:
France = 40
Spain = 146
Italy = 178

Now South Korea is at 3 but that just shows the advantage of a homogeneous population within a homogeneous culture doing better in this sort of thing.

Well if Germany is kicking $$$$ then the US is right on their heels kicking butt:

Germany = 6
USA = 7

For comparison:
France = 40
Spain = 146
Italy = 178

Now South Korea is at 3 but that just shows the advantage of a homogeneous population within a homogeneous culture doing better in this sort of thing.

Or did a helluva lot better at testing and isolating.

But whatever floats your partisan boat.

Or did a helluva lot better at testing and isolating.

But whatever floats your partisan boat.

Homogeneous populations & cultures make following the rules of shelter in place or self isolation orders much more effective. There are a number of studies showing that as the diversity of a community increases social cohesiveness goes down.

I know it's considered conventional wisdom to claim that diversity is a strength but it just isn't true. There are advantages to community diversity but in situations like a pandemic where public trust is critical and you have to have everyone going in one direction diversity can be a distinct disadvantage.

And why would you call this concept "partisan"? It has nothing to do with partisanship but rather it's a comment on the human condition.

Fun to watch people with little or no knowledge of scripture to tell committed Christians what to do.

quote joshua feurerstein corona will come and go government wont forget how easy to get you surrender freedom

Germany = 6
USA = 7

For comparison:
France = 40
Spain = 146
Italy = 178

Of course South Korea is a case study in having their sh!it together early when it came to testing, contact tracing, and early isolation. Which is where the US failed. It’s good to see plan B — extreme social distancing measures is having a good impact.

FYI, updated state by state projections by University of Washington’s IHME show a relatively soft landing for Ohio and many other states in terms of staying within capacity and limited numbers of deaths— Ohio is projected to peak on 4/19 and it’s death count is ~1200 (range 400-2100). The model projects severe shortages in NY, NJ, CT, MI, MA and LA (NYC, Detroit, Boston and NO). Nationwide deaths is projected ~80k.

FYI, updated state by state projections by University of Washington’s IHME show a relatively soft landing for Ohio and many other states in terms of staying within capacity and limited numbers of deaths— Ohio is projected to peak on 4/19 and it’s death count is ~1200 (range 400-2100). The model projects severe shortages in NY, NJ, CT, MI, MA and LA (NYC, Detroit, Boston and NO). Nationwide deaths is projected ~80k.
…...

So a relatively bad flu year...…. seems like we screwed up everyone for relatively little gain.

Reactions: y2h

Thanks for posting this, very informative

So given what we know about how contagious it is, and the unprecedented actions many governors have taken to limit the spread, I wonder what the models will tell us when this is over what the death count would have been if we had just treated this like the common flu like it is constantly being compared to? I don’t think 10-20 times higher is that far off the mark. We will see.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Ah.
I gotcha.
So different experts and Dr's have their own opinions and facts huh?

I m sorry...i turned off TV because I heard you can get it by watching too many of the COVAID19 public service announcements.
They have the same facts. They use different assumptions for modeling. That’s how these things work.

So given what we know about how contagious it is, and the unprecedented actions many governors have taken to limit the spread, I wonder what the models will tell us when this is over what the death count would have been if we had just treated this like the common flu like it is constantly being compared to? I don’t think 10-20 times higher is that far off the mark. We will see.
So you’re agreeing that Trump has done an outstanding job, well that’s a breakthrough

I mean, this model only gets us through June. Without a vaccine, we will almost assuredly have another wave in the fall.

So you’re agreeing that Trump has done an outstanding job, well that’s a breakthrough
????? Trump wanted to open in a week. I’m talking about the hard core actions that people like DeWine and Cuomo and Newsom and other governors have taken. Trump has had zero to do with that and you know it.