2020 St. Ignatius Football

It's January 25, 2020

I saw on a Massillon thread that Massillon Washington is going to be playing Cleveland St Ignatius this upcoming season.

Any truth to this or is it just a rumor???

:p :D ? ? :unsure: :)

This is IUDOGS signing off.

If Iggy is putting Massillon on their schedule along with the DC powers, along with the normal Ed's, Hoban, X, Mentor and Moeller, then the AD should have his head examined this team will not be able to handle a schedule like this. The point is to try and make the playoffs not play every great team and go 3-7. Might want to get a couple of average teams that can get you some points. Don't understand the thought process over there.

If Iggy is putting Massillon on their schedule along with the DC powers, along with the normal Ed's, Hoban, X, Mentor and Moeller, then the AD should have his head examined this team will not be able to handle a schedule like this. The point is to try and make the playoffs not play every great team and go 3-7. Might want to get a couple of average teams that can get you some points. Don't understand the thought process over there.
AMEN!

Week 6 River Rouge Michigan was the Division 3 State Champions

Talk about a meat grinder each week for the Wildcats

Wow, looking at that schedule and it is brutal, Moeller and Canadian team are wins, they could be underdogs in the rest of the games. I say 4-6 at best and sitting home for the playoffs. I don't get why they have to schedule top teams in the state and the country when you are not that good to be doing so. You tried this schedule this year and looked how that worked out. I am confused by this schedule. I don't want to hear you can't get anyone else some lesser teams would be fine.

Not a single "gimme" game on the schedule. There are two "likely" wins (Moeller? Football North) but those could turn to losses as well.

Massillon game is one-year only and is away (of course). Wonder if a loss to the Tigers would entice them to schedule us more.

Mentor will be interesting. I wonder in a couple years, IF there is a drop off for them (which I doubt), will they stop scheduling us? Would be a shame (and would only add to our scheduling woes). They have the advantage with a new coach. Luckily this game is at home.

Hoban is at Byers. I am asssuming they reloaded and will be looking for revenge from last year.

Mt. St. Joseph & DeMatha Catholic are home, which should hopefully help (like the game against that Florida team last year). I have no illusions about DeMatha though. River Rouge is away. I have no idea what to expect from them.

Moeller & Football North are at home. I'm glad that the Toronto Prep team is off the schedule since they gave us nothing at all. North replaces them as the last game (week 10).

Xavier game is away. Always tough to travel to Cincy and win there.

St. Edward game is "home" but TBD. Browns stadium again?

"We don't want to take a bye. Some people will tell you that at times, it can be beneficial," Kyle said. "But the kids work very hard to play 10 football games. Let's not worry about the playoffs and the computer points. They work very hard to play 10 football games. It's our responsibility to schedule 10 games. If we have to play the Green Bay Packers, we will. It's quite a group of teams, but it will be okay."

I don't get it. I thought winning the state title was the goal. Now it's playing 10 football games? Wow how the mighty have fallen.

Not a single "gimme" game on the schedule. There are two "likely" wins (Moeller? Football North) but those could turn to losses as well.

Massillon game is one-year only and is away (of course). Wonder if a loss to the Tigers would entice them to schedule us more.

Mentor will be interesting. I wonder in a couple years, IF there is a drop off for them (which I doubt), will they stop scheduling us? Would be a shame (and would only add to our scheduling woes). They have the advantage with a new coach. Luckily this game is at home.

Hoban is at Byers. I am asssuming they reloaded and will be looking for revenge from last year.

Mt. St. Joseph & DeMatha Catholic are home, which should hopefully help (like the game against that Florida team last year). I have no illusions about DeMatha though. River Rouge is away. I have no idea what to expect from them.

Moeller & Football North are at home. I'm glad that the Toronto Prep team is off the schedule since they gave us nothing at all. North replaces them as the last game (week 10).

FYI, that last Tigers-Wildcats game was at Byers.

"We don't want to take a bye. Some people will tell you that at times, it can be beneficial," Kyle said. "But the kids work very hard to play 10 football games. Let's not worry about the playoffs and the computer points. They work very hard to play 10 football games. It's our responsibility to schedule 10 games. If we have to play the Green Bay Packers, we will. It's quite a group of teams, but it will be okay."

I don't get it. I thought winning the state title was the goal. Now it's playing 10 football games? Wow how the mighty have fallen.

Kyle is such a good guy that he probably hasn't complained about the schedule his entire career just lets the AD do his job. But it sure is asking a lot for the players to overcome. And you're right, sounds like a state championship is no longer the goal.

Glad to see both Marylands are at home. I'll take a trip to Michigan over trips to both Maryland and Indiana. .

I know they talked to River Rouge last year. I guess it took them a year to put something together.

Go Cats!

Meatgrinder for sure. Still an upper echelon D1 even at 3-7 last year and probably a player or 2 and some luck from 7-3 and legit contender. But welcome to the real world for just a tad, Iggy will be fine.

Well.. I mean... Moore isn't dumb. Massillon should have a pretty good team. Iggy will be good but not by their standards. I doubt you'll see much past this year.

I think Mentor will continue to schedule Ignatius as long as the series is beneficial to them. Hopefully that means under the new coach the team remains at a high enough level that playing Ignatius is still a reasonable matchup. The likelihood of Mentor being forced to either go independent or be a part of a smaller conference is very high. The other area teams currently have little interest in scheduling Mentor. So for the time being, I say the series is safe.

But in 3-5 years if the program becomes closer to what Solon has been for the last 10 years, I could see other schools in the area being willing to schedule Mentor on occasion. If/when that happens, yeah I say the series could become in jeopardy. But other area schools probably won't be jumping at the idea of scheduling Mentor anytime soon.

Meatgrinder for sure. Still an upper echelon D1 even at 3-7 last year and probably a player or 2 and some luck from 7-3 and legit contender. But welcome to the real world for just a tad, Iggy will be fine.

Wildcats went 5-5 last year, with 4 of the losses coming by 7 or less. They were clearly the third best team in R1.

There is good talent coming up the ranks, but a schedule like this may be a year too early. Very little margin for error. My Eagles are in a similar boat, but have a more manageable schedule. Looking forward to seeing how both teams fare next season.

River Rouge

Wildcats went 5-5 last year, with 4 of the losses coming by 7 or less. They were clearly the third best team in R1.

There is good talent coming up the ranks, but a schedule like this may be a year too early. Very little margin for error. My Eagles are in a similar boat, but have a more manageable schedule. Looking forward to seeing how both teams fare next season.

Sorry thanks, I knew that actually but got mixed up by 3-7 prediction (or wish). 5-5 aint a disaster vs. that schedule but I'm sure they'll be treating it like that this off-season with something to prove. Hope I'm wrong.

Why is everybody complaining? I’d LOVE to see Warren G. Harding play that schedule. What’s the sense of playing the game if you aren’t trying to be the best?

These are the Cleveland St. Ignatius Wildcats we are talking about! Since when do they just play for “participation trophies?” If you aren’t the best, you won’t make it far in the playoffs anyway. With their history, it’s not like they have much of a choice. Might as well roll the dice!

Good luck Wildcats! ??

This is not the Wildcats of old, the point is you don't over schedule then can't make the playoffs, I am all for a tough schedule but this is mind boggling especially is most likely a down year. It is also fun to play in weeks 11 thru 15.