Recent content by Wildcats1886

1. Wildcats1886

New Divisions 'official'

Unfortunate to see another state tournament get watered down like this. There simply aren’t enough good teams to justify this many divisions. Really cheats the kids out of having a fun tournament experience with lots of competition.
  2. Wildcats1886

Competitive balance

That’s interesting framing to think of it as a punishment. I’d consider getting to compete at the highest level as a reward. D2 has been stronger than D1 the last few years anyway. Much better experience for the kids and school community to compete with all the best teams than to win a watered...
  3. Wildcats1886

2024 St. Ignatius Football

Agreed PDC, those are definitely the top two players. Taking a guess at a starting lineup for this season. Looking to see significant improvement across the board this year (but especially on offense). Less sure about the defensive starters below, didn’t see much of the JVs last year. QB...
  4. Wildcats1886

Final Enrollment Numbers 2024-2026 (Pre-Competitive Balance)

Surprised to see X with fewer boys than Ignatius. Has their enrollment been trending lower?
  5. Wildcats1886

Saturday March 30th Scores

Hiroshima University - 6 St. Ignatius - 5
  6. Wildcats1886

Who wins D4?

I think his problem is that he’s not being thorough enough. He should be investigating what hospitals they were born in, I’m sure the OHSAA will be curious! Heard Dorian Jones transferred in preschool to build an “AAU Superteam” - who’s asking questions?
  7. Wildcats1886

Who wins D3?

The nickname thing has been a growing trend for years. Not a fan personally but I suppose the kids like it which is why schools do it in the first place. “The Lue”, “The Ville”, “Thee Heights” are all examples I’ve seen.
  8. Wildcats1886

Public vs Private W-L records, Sweet 16 & Final 4

Reece Robinson and Kalli Johnson are the only two transfers, both of whom moved into Cleveland when their fathers were hired to coach at Cleveland State.
  9. Wildcats1886

St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

I think they long ago moved to capping it at one free day per season (ie hockey + basketball = one free day). For as much as we on here mourn the state of the football program, I think the overall athletic offering has never been stronger than it has the last decade.
  10. Wildcats1886

Sunday Updates 3/24 (23-24 Season)

Both teams are very evenly matched and the intensity has been great. Both have taken care of the ball pretty well but also missed a couple easy shots. Always very impressed with Coach Cupps.
  11. Wildcats1886

Sunday Updates 3/24 (23-24 Season)

Working for me. 24-21 Centerville right now. Ignatius not getting the little things done right now.
  12. Wildcats1886

Centerville vs St Ignatius State Final

Guarantee far, far more people care about the institution than whatever school you support. Lots of more important ways for alumni, parents, and friends of the school to be engaged than driving / flying to Dayton for a basketball game. No other school in the state besides St. X is in the same...
  13. Wildcats1886

Yes, this is his first year with the program as Shooting Coach.
  14. Wildcats1886

This is an old post, but it’s really not worth engaging with Brian. Mackey coached an excellent game that kept the Blue Devils in it.
  15. Wildcats1886

Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

Credit to the Delaware kids and coaches for hanging tough when down big early, they showed a lot of poise and heart. Burress is a great athlete and will do well at OU.