Recent content by Talk some sense

1. T

Do you favor a Shot Clock or you do n't favor a Shot Clock

Thanks for raising the issue. Not sure there's ever been such a thread here on Yappi. ;)
  2. T

Shot Clock Discussion

Not sure what he's saying because I hit ignore on this fool a long time ago. Best move in this forum I ever made. And no Arch, I'm not going to peek when you respond to this post. lol
  3. T

Shot Clock Discussion

I don't think I'm in the way lol. I just disagree with all of the folks who think players will get better at skills because of it.
  4. T

Shot Clock Discussion

Which they do all game long without a shot clock. lol
  5. T

McMillan headed to hillcrest prep in arizona

Yes it's a sliding scale. Basically, if you have 3.5 or above then just take the ACT. The minimum GPA is 2.3 with 16 core courses taken. So a valedictorian is highly unlikely to not qualify based on an ACT score. Not taking the core classes maybe, but not ACT score.
  6. T

Shot Clock Discussion

I I've been around some good teams. The players work. Also seen a lot of kids who just show up for tryouts after playing pickup games at the rec all summer. Good players work. It's not like there are a lot of really good players who don't work on skills because the offense is patient. They may...
  7. T

Shot Clock Discussion

The good players are already working on their skills year-round. The others won't do any more work. The fundamentally sound teams already stand out.
  8. T

Highschool exhibition games with shot clock this November

Of course there are some showboat refs, but I think there are more who just aren't very good but at least they're out there. I do think there are more than a few good ones.
  9. T

First of all I don't know you so we can't be friends. Secondly, I know there are more reasons for why people do things than get brought up. Like why you seem name call when someone disagrees with you. And why I keep getting drawn in to conversations that go nowhere and neither enlighten or...
  10. T

Airball. I'm not a ref. But thanks for including a lot of other reasons people ref.
  11. T

Curious as to your involvement in the game and your bona fides. Not that it matters - anyone can have an opinion. Just wondering why so much in the attack mode.
  12. T

Another Weekend Of Youth Basketball.... Another Weekend Of Fights

Yeah he thought he was adding to the game like the guys do at outdoor tournaments or games sometimes. But I've seen it there when it actually adds to the atmosphere. Like at some games I saw between Skid Row teams in L.A. once.
  13. T

I disagree. Refs do it so the games can be played for the players. I think more often coaches think the games exist for them. At least the egotistical blowhards do.
  14. T

All 8 of them? I guess 42 don't have a pulse. Boomers? What are you, a Millenial? lol
  15. T

Good to see you commenting. Have always liked your perspective.