sehs's latest activity

• S
    sehs replied to the thread 2020 St. Edward Football.
    Responding to a few posts here. National Titles are meaningless. Unless you schedule a team like St. John Bosco, IMG Academy or...
  • S
    Athlete: Carney (hooper, quarterback and if he didn't play quarterback he would have been a helluva linebacker) Passer: Frohnapple...
  • S
    Great post and point. It's not that junior quarterbacks can't do well, but I do think there is something to be said for a program that...
  • S
    In the "win now" mode I wonder if the coaching staff figures if their path to wins is more using an athletic defense to snuff out drives...
  • S
    sehs replied to the thread OHSAA Ice Hockey 2020.
    Ed's will have a strong team and with Ignatius losing much of their Varsity to graduation, I think they will compete really well. Year...
  • S
    sehs replied to the thread 2020 St. Ignatius Football.
    Excellent post. I would also say that while it pays dividends athletically for sure, it also pays dividends for the entire community.
  • S
    I'm surprised Ignatius only has 4 at the most on a winning streak. Between their dominance in the late 80s and through the 90s and the...
  • S
    I'm sure it has happened before, we were the dominant team in the 70s but I think the shut outs this year are more due to the Wildcat's...
  • S
    sehs replied to the thread Holy War 2020.
    This game will be a bit of a tune up. It is a rivalry game but I suspect if they play again in the playoffs it will be a much closer...
  • S
    sehs replied to the thread Holy War 2020.
    I think the last time the score was that one sided was the Crawford/Schurmur team that beat Lerner's Ignatius squad 37-0. As juniors...
  • S
    Totally agree with this. Their system since 2010 hasn't really asked their quarterbacks to do a lot of traditional pro-style play...
  • S
    Last night's game is a nice building block. They took a couple punches and punched back, made plays when they had to. The defensive...
  • S
    I'm not sure anyone thought that 35-0 was going to be the final score. They were a better team at most positions and had much more...
  • S
    I agree with that. They have the district advantages that Mentor has in being larger, well funded and good facilities. This is not to...
  • S
    I'd love to see them branch out a bit. If the Solons, Euclids, and others of the world can get like Mentor then high school football in...