Recent content by scbuckeye99

1. S

Michigan HS Football to the Spring?

The assumption? presumption? is that by spring the spread will not be as bad and maybe MAYBE there will be a vaccine. If nothing else it is a mechanism by political leaders to not have people freak out if they have to go 18 months without football. Essentially kicking the can down the road if...
  2. S

Ohio Spring football or no football?

Either option presents some interesting chaos to ensue that's for sure.
  3. S

My 17 yr old son has no friends....

We as a staff sat through a similar presentation a few years ago. By all accounts the worst offenders when it comes to bullying are middle school aged girls. Boys regardless of age when they do bully its in your face. Girls, especially in middle school are relentless with online bullying.
  4. S

As someone who graduated high school in the late 90s, I along with people of a similar age demographic wonder how we would've handled social media at 16. We all agree that we're better off having not had FB, IG, snapchat or Twitter in our lives at that age. One's teenage years are weird enough...
  5. S

If it helps my BEST friends were the people I met in college. I had plenty of friends in high school but once high school ended it seemed we all went our separate ways, met new people and those new people became our friends for life. Example - the guy I consider my best friend in high school I...
  6. S

Kneeling For The National Anthem

My school has done this for a few years now. Both teams are kept in the locker room until after the band finishes playing the anthem.
  7. S

Will the 2020 Season Be Played This Year?

Greenville County School District (largest school district in South Carolina) just announced they are shutting down summer workouts until July 20th.
  8. S

Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

Greenville County School District (largest school district in South Carolina) just announced they are shutting down summer workouts until July 20th.
  9. S

School Logo History/Backstory

That sir is why I internet. Awesome stuff brother.
  10. S

School Logo History/Backstory

Columbus Mifflin Cowpunchers I'm sure have an interesting tale to tell. John Marshall Lawyers makes sense. Wonder how many schools in the country have the nickname Lawyers. I guess it could've easily been the "Chief Justices'" A lot of city league schools in Ohio history have interesting...
  11. S

Financial Issues Facing Schools Due To Pandemic, Loss Of Income From Football

One slight correction. A GOOD football program generates positive cash flow. haha. I've lived / worked through what an athletic department looks like financially when the football team is bad. Especially at a large school where there are a lot of irons in the fire.
  12. S

Financial Issues Facing Schools Due To Pandemic, Loss Of Income From Football

My district (14 high schools) pays for coaches salaries and field maintenance (however our AD cuts the grass haha). South Carolina state law requires student-athletes to buy secondary insurance coverage which for my district the last few years has been $40.00 / kid. So the district does not...
  13. S

Commonly mislocated schools

Gotcha, no harm brother. Excellent choice btw. If you're ever on 250 stop by the Guerne Heights Drive In. Best Milkshakes this side of the Mississippi.
  14. S

Well played sir, well played.
  15. S

You seem to have a passion for this topic. I'm willing to bet you and I know a lot of the same people haha.