Recent content by PURPLE REIGN

1. P

Baseball 2024

Assuming they can get one against X. Finishing second is NEVER the goal. But all things considered, props to these boys and coaches for turning the season around.
  2. P

Are you a true West Sider??

Yes- I also remember a hint of red in that logo?
  3. P

2024 Elder Football

Im doubtful. Hopeful, but doubtful. When it comes to the OHSAA, this usually doesn't go Elder's way
  4. P

2024 Elder Volleyball

No one to blame. Collectively, this just isn't an exceptional group of volleyball players. Below average by Elder's high-talent standards. Let's hope they find the right pieces and parts and are peaking come tournament time.
  5. P

Baseball 2024

Thanks and good luck to the boys!!! I have to roll my eyes that baseball rankings extend to the 88th ranked team in VA and 72nd ranked team in TN??? Is this computer generated like with the Ohio boys basketball rankings via MaxPreps?
  6. P

Baseball 2024

Id agree with that. Walks and errors are inevitable, but this does seem excessive. Hopefully they get a win under their belt and start playing the way they are capable.
  7. P

Baseball 2024

1. It’s early 2. It’s baseball 3. No one has an issue with non-traditional kids at Elder. In fact, we all want more. However, Elder’s core will always be the feeder school talent which ebbs and flows.
  8. P

Baseball 2024

Right or wrong, Elder does not reload. Never have and never will. For 100+ years they have essentially been "a neighborhood school" that plays the hand they are dealt with the incoming talent. It has served them VERY well. This is likely why the grads are so fiercely loyal more so than most...
  9. P

Baseball 2024

Interesting that all these local colleges can host baseball and basketball games, but not football games? Am I wrong, or does an OHSAA rule now prohibit high school football games from being played at UC? It's hard to keep track.
  10. P

R4 Final Centerville vs Moeller

Specific to Moe shooting with 30 seconds left vs holding to the final play, I'd say if the shot was in the lane (layup or high percentage open attempt) you take those points every time. If the shot was outside of 15 feet or heavily contested, they should have held for a better opportunity. I...
  11. P

2024 Basketball

I wasn't at the game (West Clermont?), but the loss to Turpin (Harp/Keller/Kirch, etc. were seniors) was the only time in recent memory Elder underachieved during the postseason. Every other season, Elder went as far as their talent could take them. I do agree with Omar...it would be nice to...
  12. P

2024 Basketball

Good job Elder! Great season! Had quite a few chances at the end but credit to Moe for making the plays that had to be made. Moe is better. Their length consistently impacted Elder around the rim. Can't beat a team like that shooting 42% from the free throw line, 28% from three, and 39% from...
  13. P

Moeller v Elder ,Who You Got ?

Elder was up 31-20 into the 3rd quarter the first time these teams played at Moeller. From that point on, Moe has dominated the Panthers. Going to take a near perfect game from Elder to pull off the upset. Moe 50- Elder 38.
  14. P

Moeller president

Close this thread. It's run its course.
  15. P

2024 Basketball

I think Elder was 1 of 4. I remember they were at 0% into the 3rd quarter and then Johnson hit one. I then saw 25% on the scoreboard in the arena.