Recent content by PantherSkin

1. P

Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Maybe the MAC should add three more football only schools, continue the rotating schedule and either play no or 1 OOC. That way scheduling would be solved and you would still put the same amount of teams in. I am thinking Ft Loramie, Waynesfield and Sidney Lehmen. Two sacrificial (most years)...
  2. P

I think North Union, Grove City Christian or Ben Logan again could make sense for week 1 for the cards.
  3. P

I heard Ansonia is still on NB’s schedule for next year (reliable source). Ada asked out, they didn’t help the Cards much points wise this year hopefully they can replace with someone who is a little more competitive.
  4. P

I don’t see the week 2 opening only week 1?
  5. P

For as bad as your list was last year, this one makes a lot more sense! A couple of observations: was Coldwater’s stumble at the end of the season foreshadowing a program downturn? I doubt it, I think the kids realized they couldn’t beat Anna and kind of packed it in, but it will be worth...
  6. P

New York Times catches MAC-tosis

I think New Knoxville is the only town in the MAC without a Catholic Church, I would guess New Bremen is half???
  7. P

New York Times catches MAC-tosis

After the Marion vs Bremen game when the kids were all praying I heard someone say ‘that’s what happens when two Catholic schools play’
  8. P

Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

People may not agree with this, but it has a lot to do with the change in farming and the farm culture. Up into the 80’s farming in this area was very manual and required hours upon hours of work. Farm culture in this area has changed dramatically and kids who in the 70’s / 80’s who may not have...
  9. P

Division VI State Championship: New Middletown Springfield (14-0) vs. Anna (13-1)

I think the thing with Anna that people miss is they are deep, Bixler and Heulskamp get all the attention but they have a ton of talent across the board. Both lines are athletic and have some size, their receivers block really well and there DB’s are awfully good. Not to mention they are all...
  10. P

Division VII State Championship: Marion Local (12-2) vs. Lucas (13-1)

I miss the Stumble Inn, I do not miss the looks I would get from the church goers when getting my car from their parking lot on Sunday morning.
  11. P

GCL Football brings two teams to Canton For State Championships

2017 Marion Local Flyers (Division VI) Division VI State Champions Defeated Kirtland, 34-11 Minster Wildcats (Division VII) Division VII State Champions Defeated Cuyhoga Heights, 32-7 2016 Marion Local Flyers (Division VI) Division VI State Champions defeated Cuyahoga Heights, 22-20 2015...
  12. P

Disappointing/Surprising Teams.

The logic on here makes no sense?? Ft Recovery was a bad team last year and just because they had a lot of guys back everyone thought they were going to complete for the MAC?? They have a lot back next year and will be a .500 team at best. Anna had everybody back from a team that shared the MAC...
  13. P

Division VI State Semifinal: Mechanicsburg (11-2) vs. Anna (12-1)

The thing is I’m not even a little bit a fan of Anna, I also have been watching the MAC for over 40 years an I still say for one year they are one of the best teams, they don’t have the dynasty like some of those other teams you mentioned but none of those teams had running clock victories over...
  14. P

Anna can throw the ball, they just choose not to. They have three receivers- Kam Steward, Richards and one other who’s name I can’t recall. Steward and Richards, in my opinion, would be all-District/ all-State receivers in a different offense, Richards is also an outstanding blocker but has been...
  15. P

The MAC is down? Two teams still left in the playoffs, only one MAC school was beat by a non-MAC school, scores of MAC vs non-MAC in this years playoff: 284-110, and that includes a loss. I am not sure people outside the MAC understand how good and dominant this Anna team is? This is truly one...