Recent content by OH Hoop News

1. O

State Tournament 2024-25

I just can't see them doing that for the media covering the games. That's probably part of the reason they stopped having alternate sites for football and just have it in one location. Unfortunately, I believe this was the last season of having the Final Four format. They could do a state...
  2. O

Conferences for 2023-24 Season

Starting this upcoming season, I'm looking to get every conference in the state on the site this year to keep up on schedules, scores, and standings. Below is what I know (or guessing) for the 2023-24 season for schools a part of the Northeast District Athletic Board area (as well as some...
  3. O

Jackson Grad Ohio State Star Taylor Mikesell Selected in WNBA Draft

Naz Hillmon (Gilmour Academy) is currently on the Atlanta Dream.
  4. O

Round of 64

Below are the teams in the round of 64 (district semifinals) for each division: Division I Round of 64 Division II Round of 64 Division III Round of 64 Division IV Round of 64
  5. O

2023 Classic in the Country

Yeah, I just realized that when I saw OGBR rankings. Great matchup regardless.
  6. O

2023 Classic in the Country

The 1:30pm game on Monday could very well be a preview of the Division III state championship game.
  7. O

Final Scores (12/1)

Scores concerning programs on our site: Akron Garfield 37, Buchtel 36 (F/OT) Cleveland Max S. Hayes 67, Bard Early College 45 Wellsville 35, Leetonia 34 Salineville Southern 59, Columbiana 40 Hanoverton United 59, Valley Christian 22 Lisbon David Anderson 32, East Palestine 31 Akron...
  8. O

Final Scores (11/30)

Scores for the schools on the Ohio Hoop News website (www.ohiohoopnews.com) Alliance Marlington 55, Carrollton 14 Salem 59, Alliance 29 Beloit West Branch 47, Minerva 10 Massillon Jackson 59, Canton McKinley 40 Uniontown Green 58, Canton GlenOak 34 Massillon Perry 44, North Canton Hoover 36...
  9. O

Final Scores (11/29)

Chagrin Falls 62, Beachwood 40 Chesterland West Geauga 59, Gates Mills Hawken 52 Painesville Harvey 41, Geneva 36 Perry 51, Ashtabula Lakeside 10 Richmond Heights 69, Brooklyn 38 Cuyahoga Heights 33, Independence 30 Garfield Heights Trinity 41, Rocky River Lutheran West 35 Wickliffe 33, Mantua...
  10. O

Final Scores (11/28)

Cloverleaf 60, Ravenna 36 Cleveland John Adams 40, Sebring 22 Maplewood 28 McDonald 25 Youngstown East 42, Liberty 40 Warren JFK 55, Badger 54 Sandy Valley 57, Malvern 44 Bristol 52, Conneaut 40 Champion 54, Niles 40 Wellsville 36, Toronto 33 Brookfield 51, Waterloo 41 Beaumont 57, Lutheran East...
  11. O

Final Scores (11/26)

Rocky River Magnificat 61, Berea-Midpark 23 Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 58, North Canton Hoover 48 Eastlake North 65, Mentor 52 Hathaway Brown 72, Shaker Heights 53 Canton McKinley 71, Solon 70 (F/OT) Cuyahoga Falls 40, Brecksville 39 Mogadore 60, Akron Buchtel 23 Uniontown Green 60, Louisville...
  12. O

Berea Midpark Job Open

I have no knowledge of it, but from recent openings at Berea-Midpark, I'm guessing Braaten was hired as the boys basketball head coach at Berea-Midpark.
  13. O

Division Breakdowns

When Sectional/District Assignments are announced depends on the district athletic board. Northeast District Athletic Board usually has them out around Thanksgiving for winter sports. I'm not sure about others but those are normally out earlier than Northeast District's but only by a week or so...
  14. O

Division Breakdowns

GREENDAY is correct. Everything is done because it's being approved today. Some people already know the breakdowns because of that and I'm sure most(if not all) the schools know where they're going to be at in certain sports. Back in Spring 2019, I was told by a parent that their school...
  15. O

Division Breakdowns

Press release came out today saying divisional breakdowns will be announced next week.