Recent content by nooks

1. N

Centerville vs. Wayne part 2

OhioRiverBoy...Well said my friend. You nailed it. The only other 2 teams since '91 who were actual state title contenders were the '99 team (whom even Vamps says was the best team his state runner-up Warriors faced that year, including state champ St. Ignatius) and the 2010 team with Michael...
  2. N

Is it time for Cory Rawson to shut down it's football program?

Why soccer? Because "kickball" can be played by any non-athlete with 2 legs. You've gotta have some size and/or a little skill to play football. Therefore you need more boys to field a team.
  3. N

Joe Faine graduated from Cory over 40 years ago. Yup...But he was still a great athlete from Cory-Rawson...
  4. N

Despite its size, Cory-Rawson has produced several very good athletes, including former all-state basketball and Bowling Green Univ. all conference star Joe Faine. Sometimes good things come from small packages...:)
  5. N

The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

Guys, I think I've reached the point where I have nothing left to contribute. I have really enjoyed the Yappi forum and most all of the people on here. Thankyou for the insight, the loyalty & the memories...You are all great fans and supporters of HS sports, which I admire. Best of luck to both...
  6. N

The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

Both teams have descended to mediocrity...for somewhat different reasons... Having followed HS sports for nearly 50 years now, I've reached some fairly consistent understanding of what happens over time & changing demographics for Public schools. For nearly every "winning" program there is a...
  7. N

WK 2 : Centerville (1-0) vs. Springfield (1-0)

All we know is who each team returns and what they looked like in one game. Springfield returns alot and beat what I suspect was a pretty decent Wayne team. There is no reason to believe that they are not really good. With the Elks, though a good core group returning, I'm just not sure how good...
  8. N

Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

Covidsucks, I'm afraid you've nailed it my friend. Especially the "era of specialization" making it no longer a sport for the simply good athlete to be competitive while also pursuing other sports & interests. To succeed today you have to be a "fanatic" and that relegates it to the fantastic few...
  9. N

Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

Guys, Not to be a downer...Lord knows there is enough of it...But by the time we get to wrestling season, if you think things are bad across this land now, lookout below. We are just now beginning to feel the enormous economic consequences of our credit card-debt-default-fueled economy. That is...
  10. N

Another bites the dust, Anderson HS Redskins no more.

It is almost beyond me how the Beavercreek "Beavers" have endured this long in the age of the skirts in charge. Back in the day it was a close call when somebody called foul on calling Eaton the "Beavers" as well....Our loss.
  11. N

WJ Wrestling and Brian Dolph

To me Mr. Dolph is about the epitome of the great Ohio HS wrestler. Tough, demanding, disciplined and seeking & getting the most of whatever talent and ability you already have. A kid could not do much better for a coach or mentor than Mr. Dolph...My 2 cents.
  12. N

Who's your high School All- Time Squad?

Fairfield kids could be out-athleted and sometimes overpowered, but I almost never saw a Fairfield lightweight outslicked. Very well coached.
  13. N

Centerville player gets Covid-19.

It's reasonably well-written and it's clearly pro-let 'em play...Other than you don't agree with him about the risks of the flu...How is it dim?
  14. N

Centerville player gets Covid-19.

Given that it's now nearly July...and the country itself is rapidly accelerating into further chaos (and will continue to do so leading to the election) That being irrespective of the massive economic damage ongoing and likewise accelerating... I'd say it's eminently apparent that idiotic school...
  15. N

Who's your high School All- Time Squad?

...then again, maybe first name was Tim and he went on to grow to 6'11 and play basketball for the San Antonio Spurs...:)