1. L

Not a good look for OHSAA

None of that sounds sketchy at all
  2. L

Coaching Pay

What? lol
  3. L

Coaching Pay

FWIW, I don't believe Finotti or Lombardo (state championship winning coaches at St. Edward) played college football.
  4. L

Coaching Pay

Also the reliance on non-teachers to coach contributes to constant turnover on coaching staffs.
  5. L

History to be made tommorrow night in Mercedes Benz Stadium.

I’m sure it’s a better rate, but maybe don’t use the dome then?
  6. L

History to be made tommorrow night in Mercedes Benz Stadium.

Just seems less than ideal or necessary problems to deal with.
  7. L

OHSAA Studying Expansion of Tournament Divisions in Several Sports (Not Football)

I find that hard to believe. Cost of goods sold is subtracted from gross revenue in every P&L I've ever seen for food service and retail to get to a net revenue number. The most common definitions of net revenue reflect this (and often other costs being backed out of gross revenue).
  8. L

OHSAA Studying Expansion of Tournament Divisions in Several Sports (Not Football)

Not necessarily. Different places use different terms, especially when we're talking about non-profits versus for-profits. FWIW, I've never seen the definition you have above used anywhere, and I've reviewed a lot of P&Ls in both the non-profit and for-profit sectors. Typically, net revenue is...
  9. L

Coaching Pay

The math works outs to less than $10 per hour and that's just for the minimum number of hours to get through the 3-4 months of the actual season of the sport. Factor in the time spent/expected to be spent to be successful, it drops to the equivalent of $5-7 per hour.
  10. L

I don't think it's the state championship winning coaches that want this.
  11. L

You can increase your gross revenue from $100 to $200, but if your costs go from $75 to $175 your net revenue is a wash.
  12. L

Exactly. Increasing gross revenue is not the same as increasing net revenue.
  13. L

My impression is that any revenue they actually see from TV/streaming is negligible at best.
  14. L

2023 OHSAA State Football Final Attendance Up...Thanks To Two Games

En mass, but it wouldn’t be a bigger number in Columbus. And you probably lose a not insignificant number on the Hoban side.
  15. L

2023 OHSAA State Football Final Attendance Up...Thanks To Two Games

Not too many supporters coming regardless of the location. A Columbus venue probably would have resulted in lower numbers this year.