Recent content by Kirtland4580

1. Kirtland4580

The Greatest Games that Never Were

2018/19 Orrville vs. 2018/19 Kirtland. I would have loved to see Marquael Parks & company take on the Kirtland defense & for Kirtland’s stack-I to go against the Red Rider’s defense. This could happen next year, but not if Parks transfers out of Orrville.
  2. Kirtland4580

Your schools greatest team...

Kirtland established a dynasty this past decade with five state championship teams & three state runner-ups. Out of all those teams, I’d have to pick the 2011 team. They outscored everyone in the playoffs 206-29 en route to their first title. 2013 team is a close second as they scored the...
  3. Kirtland4580

What Was The Best Game of the Decade?

On the same night as that all-time classic, Kirtland beat Youngstown Ursuline 38-37 after being down 24-0 at halftime. Best HS game I’ve attended to date.
  4. Kirtland4580

Top Running Backs for 2020 Season?

Ironton’s Reid Carrico (OSU commit) & Trevor Carter (Arkansas commit). Also, Kirtland’s Mason Sullivan (2x 1st Team All-Ohio).
  5. Kirtland4580

Top Quarterbacks for 2020 Season?

Sandy Valley QB Cam Blair (D5R17). Co-D5 Player of the Year & had a great performance against Kirtland last season.
  6. Kirtland4580

Remaining Open Dates (Ohio schools)

I believe you’re on it. There’s only two scenarios that can play out at this point. Scenario 1: WK 3: Geneva-Kirtland WK 4: Kirtland-Cuyahoga Heights Scenario 2: WK 3: Kirtland-Cuyahoga Heights WK 4: Kirtland-Oil City Either way, CH will have a bye week this season as they have the past few...
  7. Kirtland4580

It appears this has taken a turn from what was originally reported. It looks like there is a scheduling conflict that involves Geneva finding a week 3 game, according to local media. If Geneva cannot find a week 3 opponent, it seems this game would fall through. That must mean that the...
  8. Kirtland4580

Feels like this came out of left field...so I don’t know if anything is set in stone yet. I heard rumors of Cuyahoga Heights & Kirtland potentially backing out of the yearly scheduling (either temporarily or permanently), but didn’t see it coming THIS soon. Would be sad to see a rivalry between...
  9. Kirtland4580

Three accomplishments thread

I agree...Coach France has had an outstanding coaching career, but you’re right. You could even make a case for Ironton’s Trevon Pendleton as coach of the year. Going from 6-5 to 13-2 and bringing Ironton football back to elite levels is a worthy qualification for COY. Nevertheless, the Hornets...
  10. Kirtland4580

Three accomplishments thread

Kirtland Hornets 1. Defeated two OPOYS, DPOY, & COY during playoffs in Division V. 2. Won back-to-back state titles (15-0 both times) for first time in school history, leading to 30 game winning streak. 3. Won every game by double digits for the first time since 2011.
  11. Kirtland4580

Division V State Championship: Kirtland (14-0) vs. Ironton (13-1)

Very happy to see the Hornets come out on top and win back to back titles! Kirtland’s defense shut down Ironton’s rushing attack with absolutely shocked me. I believe the Fighting Tigers finished with 47 rushing yards ALL GAME, but I could be wrong. Kirtland saved it’s most impactful passing...
  12. Kirtland4580

In my opinion, each team has a distinct advantage coming into this one. Ironton has a very clear size advantage. Their offensive line must average at least 250-260 pounds. And their skill guys are built solid like a lot of the MAC players that Kirtland has faced in the past. On the other hand...
  13. Kirtland4580

Ironton has a clear size advantage in this one in my opinion. If they’re just as fast as Kirtland, the Hornets may have to execute to perfection against the Tiger’s vaunted run defense which is a daunting task. Will certainly be interesting to see who wins the line of scrimmage on both sides on...
  14. Kirtland4580

This just made me look forward to this Saturday night even more (in a good way)! Funny thing is that Kirtland beat Manchester a few weeks back who was led by Jim France (who passed Bob Lutz not too long ago for most wins in the state) and Ethan Wright (a D1 commit). Sounds to me like this...
  15. Kirtland4580

Congratulations to both sides on excellent seasons to this point! Here’s who made All-Ohio for both sides: Ironton Fighting Tigers ‪DPOY: Reid Carrico‬ (LB) ‪1st Team: Seth Fosson (DL), Reid Carrico‬ (LB) ‪2nd Team: Gage Salyers (QB), Avery Book‬ (K) ‪3rd Team: Junior Jones‬ (DL) ‪HM: Noah...