Recent content by Kirtland4580

1. Kirtland4580

IUDOGS: 2020 - 2021 Ohio High School Head Football Coaches Changes

Beachwood (OH) in D5 has had an opening for about a week or so now.
  2. Kirtland4580

Just today alone, I heard that the following head coaches resigned or stepped down from their respective schools... • Mark Crabtree, Dublin Coffman (DI) • Doug Haas, Wooster (DII) • Damion Creel, Beachwood (DV)
  3. Kirtland4580

Wayne Trace job?

Is Mike related to the stud quarterback the Raiders had a few years back? I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere a few months back that he resigned from his coaching position at another school because of a list of allegations put against him. Am I mistaking him for someone else...
  4. Kirtland4580

VASJ Hires Jeff Rotsky

Per the News-Herald as of a few minutes ago, Jeff Rotsky is set to become the next VASJ head coach. I know it’s been widely speculated on here the past few days/weeks, but it’s something I didn’t think would be pulled off a month or so ago.
  5. Kirtland4580

Brush leaving WRC

Fall sports-wise, Kirtland would fit right in, everywhere else I am not so sure. But like you said, there’s no incentive for them to make the jump. And they just got bumped to the CVC Chagrin for football, so it’s probably best to see how that turns out before making any significant moves. I...
  6. Kirtland4580

Top Coaches Under 35

Two that come to mind for me are Marty Gibbons out of Lake Catholic & Trevon Pendleton out of Ironton. Both led their respective programs to state runner-up finishes this year. Pendleton in particular has led Ironton to two state title games in his first three years at the helm. I believe...
  7. Kirtland4580

Corey Kiner (Rogers Bacon DV-LSU Commit) Named Ohio Mr. Football 2020

Nothing too out of this world. Probably had something around 1500 rushing yards & 20 touchdowns or so in 11 games. I was genuinely surprised to see him as a Mr. Football finalist. It was his 3rd straight year making 1st Team All-Ohio as well. Also goes out as a three time state champion. Great kid.
  8. Kirtland4580

Corey Kiner (Rogers Bacon DV-LSU Commit) Named Ohio Mr. Football 2020

Congratulations to Mr. Kiner on an incredible season & career at Roger Bacon. His impact at the school will never be forgotten as he broke nearly every record he could in school history! LSU is getting a great talent. Also, congratulations to all of the other finalists on their great seasons as...
  9. Kirtland4580

McQuaide retires as Solon coach

Not sure if Solon will opt for a young coach or one with a lot of experience under his belt. If they opt for experience, could Mark Iammarino possibly apply for the job? He coached at Chagrin Falls for 25 years or so and had quite a few successful years there. Wasn’t he at Solon for a time...
  10. Kirtland4580

Which State Champs Are Most Likely To Repeat In 2021? --- POLL

Yes, If I remember correctly they lost to Nelsonville-York in the title game. By big jump I mean going from 5-5 or 6-4 to 10-1. I expect Otsego to be a contender next year as well, especially considering the talent they bring back. Watching the Kirtland-Otsego game, the Knights were VERY well...
  11. Kirtland4580

I could only imagine if Kirtland AND Marion Local drop/bump to D6. It will be like old (or not so old) times. Stacked Region 21 & 24 for sure. Perhaps someone like Fort Frye in Region 23 gets over the hump? Maybe someone in Region 22 makes a big jump like Otsego did in Region 18 this year? Time...
  12. Kirtland4580

Mark Iammarino is stepping down from Chagrin Falls (D-IV) after 25 years at the school. (Per The News-Herald)
  13. Kirtland4580

Mr Football and state awards

Heard Mr. Football & All-Ohio teams should be announced this next week (week of 12/7) at some point.
  14. Kirtland4580

#2 Ridgewood Generals @ #1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

It’s going to be VERY close. We will most likely either be the smallest school in D5 or largest in D6. The margin will be slim. Even Coach LaVerde has speculated in a recent interview that he doesn’t know. Nothing against D5, but D6 has a lot of the small school powers we all know of (i.e...
  15. Kirtland4580

Appreciate the love from Maria Stein! Many of us from Kirtland expect you guys to be back where you belong next year; in the D7 title game. Everyone’s got to lose one at some point, right? Same goes for Kirtland, they will lose at some point, but we don’t know when. Not sure how Marion Local...