Recent content by Johnson&Johnson

1. J

Poll: Will there be a 2020 HS Football season in Ohio?

School facilities now ordered to stay closed through June.
  2. J

OHSAA Releases Restructured Spring Sport Schedule

Interesting...obviously without current seniors?
  3. J

OHSAA Releases Restructured Spring Sport Schedule

This is crazy and unfortunately, they were unaware (for the most part). Now we have people knowing what they know (but maybe all not believing) and wanting to gather in this manner. Asinine, IMO.
  4. J

OHSAA It's Time To Let Us Know Your Plans, The 'Clock' Is Ticking

The whole schedule/timetable was a colossal waste of time for so many. He knows where this is headed. He's in contact with the governor to boot. He dragged it out for winter sports tourneys as well until the governor made the call for him. It's nothing personal. He's a swell guy. Just showing...
  5. J

OHSAA It's Time To Let Us Know Your Plans, The 'Clock' Is Ticking

Jerry Snodgrass is a very likable guy. He does a pretty nice job overall. He just isn't strong enough to make the decision by himself. He is deferring to the governor to make the decision for him. Some laud that move (giving hope?) and some see a bigger picture of weak leadership because it's...
  6. J

Ohio Spring Sports Delayed Until May 1st

Nice to provide hope with a timeline but unfortunately, it isn't happening. The decision to return to school needs to happen within 2-3 weeks. There isn't any way that this gets turned around that much to permit putting hundreds to thousands of people together in a building in the form of...
  7. J

OHSAA to Host Press Conference Thursday (Noon)

I have not heard about one single school district expecting to return this year, let alone a specific plan for mid-May. The legislators approved a bill yesterday that included a lot of school-related items, including giving districts the flexibility to determine if students were "on pace" to...
  8. J

I agree he's waiting for DeWine to make the call so he doesn't have to. If the peak is May then you're looking at least 45 days to come down from the apex. Approximately 60 days to get over the hump and then you've got to come down from it.
  9. J

If you are following what is going on, it's laughable to think OHSAA is going to have their sports when our state and the rest of the country is no where near turning the corner on this. It's actually leading the kids and some coaches on. It's idiotic to think we are going to have winter...
  10. J

Snodgrass' has gone about this the wrong way. Much more respect for making the decision that 90% everyone else already knows is happening. I believe it couldn't be easier than right now to pull the string.
  11. J

OHSAA Announces All State and Regional Tournaments are “Postponed Indefinitely”

As you were saying... https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/gov-dewine-i-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-schools-didnt-reopen-this-school-year/
  12. J

OHSAA Tells Winter Sport Coaches HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE

As we were saying... https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/gov-dewine-i-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-schools-didnt-reopen-this-school-year/
  13. J

Right and I agree. Do this in waves, not all at once. Time isn't pressing right now (on these events) even though it's gone 0-100 in just a couple days. Keep in mind the original post is about them possibly bringing back winter sport tournaments. It isn't happening.
  14. J

It's a fact schools are preparing for longer closures, including the rest of the year. Proms likely canceled next then commencement ceremonies. Hopefully it doesn't get that far but if it peaks in May it will. The next couple of weeks will obviously be telling.
  15. J

I suppose it's OHSAA's attempt to soften the blow for a bunch of heartbroken kids, coaches and parents. Weak IMO but these decisions aren't easy. No one has ever been through it before and just trying to do the best job possible.