Recent content by JAVMAN83

1. JAVMAN83

Question - Conner McClure's 17' 3" vault - State Record?

I think I'm going to consult with Jack Shepard @ T&F News on this situation.
  2. JAVMAN83

Well put. This may end up with an * given that it WAS a scheduled meet, but ended up as "practice session" more or less.
  3. JAVMAN83

Thank you for the info. Sounds like it won't be recognized by OHSAA, but it will be on my lists in one form or another.
  4. JAVMAN83

OH HS Boys' - All-Time Indoor - Top 30 - Update - Weight Throw Added

Here is an updated listing of the Top 30 boys' all-time weight throw. Top 30 performers & performances. Also, the athletes' ranking in the top 30 nationally all-time have been added in the column next to the Ohio all-time rankings.
  5. JAVMAN83

Xavier XC runner

Great story. Her success doesn't surprise me as I know that soccer conditioning over many years, which she had, provides a tremendous aerobic resevoir to draw from. Kudos to her and the coaches.
  6. JAVMAN83

OH HS Boys' - All-Time Indoor - Top 30 - Update - Weight Throw Added

Here is an update listing of the Top 30 boys' all-time indoor pole vault. Top 30 performers & performances. Oldest mark is from 1982 from someone I once vaulted against (but just a few feet lower than him :) ).
  7. JAVMAN83

Question for the community: Did McClure's vault of 17' 3" at his home Twighlight Relays count as a state record? I see only two vaulters listed in the results...both McClure brothers. https://oh.milesplit.com/meets/428336-green-twilight-relays-2021/results/743009/raw I believe there are a...
  8. JAVMAN83

Question on results from Finishtiming

There's a whole lotta truth in that. Worst official I ever encountered was a replacement for a replacement at the 1993 Mountain State Games at Charleston WV. Complete psycho who ejected 4 people from one event (the javelin), including 2 coaches - one of which was the host school's (Marshall)...
  9. JAVMAN83

These examples remind me of years gone by and the IDIOCY that saw on the part of officials that wouldn't know when to come in from the rain. There should be intelligence tests given to them as it is obvious that too many idiots manage to get officiating credentials but don't know a damned thing...
  10. JAVMAN83

That REEKS. I wouldve blown a gasket. INEXCUSABLE
  11. JAVMAN83

Crazy situation. Lazy transcription by whomever.
  12. JAVMAN83

D1 boys GlenOak sectional

Sectional? They've been called districts for a long time now. Since the early 80s. Me thinks you're showing your age :)
  13. JAVMAN83

Rule on 6th graders running for the middle school

I personally think OHSAA should take after Kentucky on this issue. Allow for 6th grade participation in middle school XC.
  14. JAVMAN83

Caleb Vorin from Whiteoak: Fake Results on Athletic.net

These types of stories are exactly why I create my OWN lists and not just rely on what Milesplit, AthleticNet or others create. I use them, but I qualify each and every person on lists that I create. There have been more than a few athletes who are listed, particularly so on AthleticNet, as...
  15. JAVMAN83

Male Runners & Eating Disorders

Now, if only the associated weight gain would be as easy to dispose of when I was younger :eek: