Recent content by huntergreen

1. H

Watkins Memorial Sectional

This sectional seems to be the toughest of the four D1 sectionals in Central Ohio. It is obviously going to be dominated by Dublin Coffman, however, there are a lot of good teams and individuals competing for a spot to the district. Dublin Coffman Lancaster Olentangy Berlin Watkins Memorial...
  2. H

Central District #ThursdayNightThunder

Olentangy Berlin 45 Dublin Jerome 21 Sorry, don't have the lineups in front of me. Can post tomorrow
  3. H

Team need for 2/3 at Berlin

ttt
  4. H

Team need for 2/3 at Berlin

Olentangy Berlin is looking for 1 team to fill a quad on February 3rd with Berlin, Hilliard Davidson and Olentangy Orange. Wrestling will start at 9 and we will run 3 mats with a mat dedicated to JV matches throughout the morning. Out of the gym by 1 PM. If interested, please message Luke...
  5. H

Practice/Training Questions

I have a few questions that I would love to hear some opinions on, if you are willing. 1- When implementing new technique, how do you handle depth vs. breadth? In other words, is it better for a wrestler to learn a lot of technique while not mastering all of it. Or is it better to learn the...
  6. H

Olentangy Berlin looking for teams

Teams that are currently in the December 10th are Berlin, Avon, Pickerington North, Canton South, Bishop Watterson, and Athens.
  7. H

Olentangy Berlin looking for teams

Olentangy Berlin in central Ohio is looking for a few teams for a couple of events. Ideally, we would like to find teams that are not central district, and who can field a full roster as well as bring JV wrestlers to compete. 12/10: 8 team tournament that will be run with 4 dual meets ending...
  8. H

Central Ohio Open Mats

If you are hosting, or know of, any open mats in Central Ohio this spring, please post them on here.
  9. H

State Tournament Experience

And why the decision the get rid of the team score big boards??? That was always a great tradition!
  10. H

State Alternates

Not going to get in on the conversation about the fans, but I have to chime in on the wrestler. Dez is a GREAT kid, always respectful, friendly, and pretty stinking talented! Having coached against him for a few years, this is sad to hear! He has provided some butt whoopins our way numerous...
  11. H

Licking Valley Sectional

Before you read this, please know that I coach in division 1 and don't go to this sectional. However, LV and what they are doing to division 2 wrestling in Central Ohio is truly unfair! I don't know the exact numbers, but there were 20+ teams and more than 200 competitors in the tournament. I...
  12. H

The 2022 Rieman Invitational @ Delaware Hayes HS; Saturday, Jan. 29th

Yes, Birden has a very high ceiling. HIs top game will make him a phenomenal college wrestler. Euton is one of my favorites! No doubt about it.
  13. H

The 2022 Rieman Invitational @ Delaware Hayes HS; Saturday, Jan. 29th

Shumate is truly amazing. He dominates opponents with such little effort. He almost looks bored. I am not sure I have ever seen a high school wrestler dominate kids like that, in person!
  14. H

Claymont tourney Jan.14th and 15th

Who is in so far?