Recent content by huntergreen

1. H

Just Not the Same...

This is not a complaint by any means. I truly applaud what has been done by the state and the host schools (I was at Darby) to make the state tourneys happen. I also understand why the concessions have been made, but man, it just is not even close to being the same. Small crowds, no "tunnel"...
  2. H

Saturday-Sunday Tournaments

I know this is a covid year and things are different, but I hate the Saturday-Sunday tournament schedules. The girls state tourney, our district tourney and the state tourney all follow this schedule. While it may not affect me a whole lot personally, I feel for those coaches (and more...
  3. H

Olentangy Berlin Looking for Teams

Olentangy Berlin is looking to add teams to make 2 competitions quads rather than tris. We will run 2 varsity mats and a JV mat to get as many matches as possible. 12/5 with Watkins Memorial, Jonathan Alder and Berlin 12/22 with Central Crossing, Amanda Clearcreek and Berlin If interested...
  4. H

Looking for state tickets

I am looking 6 all session ticket books for the state tournament this weekend. If you have some, or know of any, please contact me either on this thread or through a PM. Thank you. Luke Moore
  5. H

High School Out of Bounds

While I appreciate the change in rules of OB to increase the action, I have noticed that it is very inconsistent. I truly cannot figure out what the out of bounds rule is. I had a good conversation with an official about this yesterday, and it seemed as though even the officials are a little...
  6. H

In Season Open Mats

Quick question- are there regulations on in season open mats? I know a lot of wrestlers continue to work out with a club, or get individual training, throughout the season. However, if a school were to offer free open mats in season, is that within the rules?
  7. H

Thursday Night Thunder 1/30

January 30th, 2020 Berlin High School OCC Dual Olentangy Berlin 47 Worthington Kilbourne 27 106 McColeman (OB) won by forfeit 113 Voinovich (OB) pin Saas 1:13 120 Butcher (OB) won by forfeit 126 Adams (WK) won by forfeit 132 Leis (WK) won by forfeit 138 Hoffman (WK) pin Helmers 3:19 145 Hooks...
  8. H

Past State Tourney Brackets

I am searching for archived tournament brackets. Anyone know where I can find them?
  9. H

Big Walnut Summer Wrestling Camp

https://www.locallevelevents.com/events/details/4293
  10. H

Newark D1 Sectional

Olentangy Liberty Lancaster Westerville North Delaware Hayes Mt. Vernon Big Walnut Westerville South Newark Columbus West St. Charles Pretty solid group of teams. 3 of the top 4 teams in the central district. Should be a pretty competitive day.
  11. H

Looking for points

Big Walnut is looking for competitions on 2 dates: February 3rd- looking to get into a tournament due to cancellation this past weekend. February 10th- Looking for an opponent for our home dual meet. If you have something, please e-mail me at lukemoore@bwls.net
  12. H

Big Walnut looking for dual

Big Walnut, 20 minutes north of Columbus, is looking for an opponent for a home dual meet on Saturday, February 10th. Wrestling would start at 11 AM, weigh ins at 10 AM. If interested, please e-mail me at lukemoore@bwls.net
  13. H

Big Walnut Classic

This Saturday is the 10th Annual Big Walnut Classic. It started as an 8 team dual tournament, and has evolved into a 16 team individual bracket tourney. Should be a great day of wrestling. I will be posting links to brackets and programs that will be updated live throughout the day. Below...
  14. H

Big Walnut Summer Wrestling Camp

https://www.localevelevents.com/events/details/2984
  15. H

Newark D1 Sectional - discussion, etc

Any chatter? Only a week away, who are the studs at each weight, what are the best weight classes?