Recent content by galesxc

1. G

Canceled XC meets

The Duals at the Dewines is cancelled.
  2. G

Canceled XC meets

Worthington cancelled for the first term... that decision was reversed today.
  3. G

Canceled XC meets

Are you sure about Les Eisenhart? Duals at Dewines (hosted by TW) has been cancelled, but, as of 8/3, my understanding was Eisenhart was still a possibility.
  4. G

OHSAA High School Early Season Cross Country Invitational - August 15

received today: https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Cross%20Country/2020/CrossCountryRecommendations.pdf
  5. G

Will there be venues open for XC competition?

I recall the Elder Relays also. It was a lot of fun. We thought about adding a "relay" XC meet at Lancaster a few years ago but were told the format was not allowed by OHSAA. Maybe OHSAA would view this differently now...
  6. G

Will XC happen this fall?

It's not obvious, but I believe this is because OHSAA is reverting to the rules for "individual sports", including XC, which permit coaching contact prior to the August 1st season start date (item c. below)... beginning June 1. That's the way I piece this all together... I am seeking...
  7. G

Status of National Trail Raceway/State Cross Country Meet?

https://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/fortress-obetz-to-host-ohsaa-cross-country-championships
  8. G

I find it increasingly difficult to believe there will be a spring sports season AT ALL this year.

I think I'm going to have to tune out for a while... As hungry as I am for anything TFXC related, I don't wish to ride this Yappi conjecture roller coaster for the next several months. Just gonna keep plugging...
  9. G

Depth of Records

... here's the Lancaster 1600M top 10 (the top 3 are converted miles) The 800M is pretty deep... I thought we had 2020 guys in position to break into each of these top 10s... The honor is in the effort.
  10. G

I find it increasingly difficult to believe there will be a spring sports season AT ALL this year.

All of your issues are real. I understand... however, i also believe in providing the best opportunity to the most people possible. If folks cannot participate, then I'm sorry for them, but I'm happy for those who can. As to all the logistical issues... start with a plan, find each...
  11. G

Akron was a much better venue for the OATCCC indoor state meet.

Some seem to declare for multiple events planning to chose which to compete on the day... I guess based on who else enters or is available to race fresh in the event(s).?.? I am not a fan and said so to another coach who responded that they "earned the spots" and had the right to take them and...
  12. G

I understand this point... but with two barely 15 year-olds in their first big-time championship competition, I would have appreciated an opportunity to better teach/prepare these guys for the outdoor championships. What's harder for me to understand is why a "track" coach must be treated...
  13. G

A few comments to extend the conversation... The SWO region is clearly underrepresented, at least partially the result of the meet being held in the farthest NE corner of the State. The depth in most events would be improved with better representation from the SW. But... qualifying must also...