Recent content by ENA2

1. E

XC: Excluding JV Runners from Competing at the Conference Meet

This is not a JV championship that we are talking about. The IVC administrators allows every sport in the conference the chance for “JV” kids (kids beyond the usual varsity/starters) to compete in inter conference contests except in cross country where it is forbidden. Obviously...
  2. E

Indoor state meet time schedule

First, it was a great effort by the OATCCC, officials, Coaches and especially the kids. I was there the entire time for both days, and took it all in, but there were some things that may need work. #1 - both days were much too long..... could get both meets done in the same day (Akron did it...
  3. E

Expansion Vote Thursday

I would think (hope) that the OHSAA and the board of control would use common sense for these numbers or some group would be able to educate them to enlighten their thinking on these number so girl's CC and wrestling would lose divisions.... if the number disparity is really their concern. We...
  4. E

Email to cc & tf coaches

Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) most people reading this on yappi have a keen interest in the sports of track and cross country.... sometimes to the level of keeping it sacred or at least "special". I too believe that our sports are unique and should not be compared to other sports. I...
  5. E

Email to cc & tf coaches

Here is the YouTube version.... All interested in our sports and kids should watch at this lays it out pretty well.
  6. E

Email to cc & tf coaches

Good post madman. All should check out the video from the OATCCC president. I believe it is on the OACCCC website. I think she and the board is trying to get to the “good” for the kids/sport.
  7. E

Email to cc & tf coaches

All competitive balance sports will be expanding similarly to football in the next year. So volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, soccer will have 5-7 different tournament divisions in Ohio for high school. This letter is raising awareness that the number disparity is as bad or worse for...
  8. E

What's the board coming to? No mention of the OATCCC Proposal for 5 XC-6 Track Divisions

For what it's worth, I feel that all parties concerned would like to keep cross country to have the same number of divisions for boys and girls. the reason for this is because it is "easier" is terms of scheduling and keeping schools in the same division (partly due to many having one coach for...
  9. E

Within the Intervalley Conference and the Green Meadows Conference (scheduled intra-conference competition) conference organizers ...ie. the principals and athletic directors, schedule and/or promote competition between conference schools at every level. This includes 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th...
  10. E

Psycho is right.... I am riled up. I get that way when I see injustices for Student/Athletes or particular groups, or ...especially when there is no reasonable explanation, when inclusion, participation and fairness are stressed in every other sport within a group. It appears that the Green...
  11. E

I have looked at every conference result of the past 2 years and indeed have found one other conference that may limit participation in cross country to only 7 athletes for league participation. I say “may” because I don’t know if any team from the Green Meadows Conference has any HS teams with...
  12. E

Could you please list any other conference that does not allow JV athletes an opportunity to compete in conference competition in some capacity? And what would the reason be for that? I’m looking at results on milesplit and have not found any others yet. When I find another, I will post it…. I...
  13. E

The IVC is made up of mostly D3 schools with some D2 schools (for CC). In some sports like, basketball, volleyball the conference has scheduled JV competitions for conference schools that can field JV teams and teams may allow all athletes to compete in varsity contests. Other sports, track and...
  14. E

Regional Qualifiers

For the D3 boys Regional, I believe this is the first time since I have been involved in the sport (1980) that either McDonald or East Canton does not have a team at the race. There has been a few times that one has not been there and usually both are in the hunt but after 45 years, neither...
  15. E

Chip timing coaching instructions

Ban Mile splits, 2-mile splits, and finish line clocks too! and, unless, all get to race in the same shoes, all should be barefoot. A lead vehicle is also not needed and should be banned.... all kids should know the course and what the colored markings mean. A trailing vehicle, for medical...