Recent content by ENA2

1. E

World Athletics Championships

As the great Sargent Halka said. “Lighten up, Francis”.
  2. E

4 divisions for track?

No other sport can be compared to football. Football has it’s own rules….then the other sports (in regards to the OHSAA). Football is also seen differently by society, the media and most schools. …and IMO, probably should be. For better or worse. Football is the “cash cow” for all the...
  3. E

NFHS Rule Changes for 2023

Concerns about the mixed 4x4?…….,1. Where do you put it in the order of events? 2. How do you score it ( half for boys and half for girls)? 3. Must you go boy-girl/boy-girl?.., at the world championship that’s what they had to do this year, to help lessen the risk of male/female contact I...
  4. E

4 divisions for track?

Ideally, if we go to 4 divisions, it should be …. DI- top 10%, DII- next 30%, DIII- next 30%, and DIV- smallest 30%. Essentially, this would keep the smallest 2 divisions the same because of the schools that don’t field 9 athletes at districts. Keep in mind, there are at about 100 schools that...
  5. E

Division 3 Region 10 Regional Site Change

I will agree, Massillon Perry can make some improvements, but it probably is the best regional site for the athletes that has held this region in the past 30 years. Moving the throwing area closer to the track did make things more crowded, but was fantastic for those kids and most coaches. Using...
  6. E

Question: Northeast D3 Regional

I will agree, Massillon Perry can make some improvements, but it probably is the best regional site for the athletes that has held this region in the past 30 years. Moving the throwing area closer to the track did make things more crowded, but was fantastic for those kids and most coaches...
  7. E

Alternates for Relays get in to the Regional and State Meets

I have never got reimbursed by our school..... Our Booster Club has helped out a couple times but usually it's on the coach(es).
  8. E

This is really good news and shows some foresight for the OHSAA. I have had several kids participate and earn medals at both the Regional and State Meets who had to pay to get in.
  9. E

From Dustine Ware Sports Administrator ALTERNATES = FREE ENTRY I was recently made aware that during the transition into my hire with the OHSAA, there was an ‘oversite’ regarding the decision to allow alternates FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meets. This has since been brought to the...
  10. E

Distict Disparity

Again, if the Districts were seeded by the marks of the 4 x 800 relays then that event could be balanced...... then the best 6 Shot putters (or 110 hurdlers or high jumpers) could then be in the Same District. The question is, what event(s) do you seed? "Power rank" all the teams? There is...
  11. E

State Meet Schedule

Also, Probably due to the State Meet Facility hosting all three divisions instead of just hosting one field event for each gender. At the state meet, they have 3 Shot Puts, Discus', HJ, LJ and PV for each gender AND want to be completed with each division prior to the conclusion of the finals...
  12. E

Printed Results off Milesplit?

Thanks.... I got em. all helpful info.
  13. E

Printed Results off Milesplit?

I can not seem to be able to gather printed results off the milesplit. the copies all have the milespite headers/footers and all the backround info with makes it 10+ more pages and the print is very small. Just another adjustment that we will have to deal with???? Any suggestions will help.
  14. E

Milesplit District Entries

I was able to type in a mark for some kids who only participated in dual meets or Hand-timed marks that were not turned in to Milesplit.
  15. E

Why You Can't Always Trust What You Read - The Limits of MileSplit & AthleticNet Databases

Good point alter.... Our girls had an 8 pounder for the first dual... went 30' and 28"10.... not sure where they got it as I took all of our old ones to scrap medal about 5 years ago. May have been left from another school last year.... we don't weigh at duals. after the meet we weighed them...