Recent content by Cougarfan22

1. C

cleveland.com All-Decade Football Team

I will admit 2 things. I enjoy Michael Bevin and Matt Goul and appreciate there writing on HS sports. I don't care to hear them post about their politics.
  2. C

2020 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Wrap Up and Final Standings

Thanks for a great season Clark and all of the Yappi bunch.
  3. C

D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Another observation that no one has spoken about since pregame was the kicking game/special teams. May not have made much of a difference tonight but worth reviewing. Massillon Punter 6 for 44.8 avg Hoban punter 3 for 44.7 avg Massillon missed xtra point due to an sportsmanship penalty...
  4. C

Just saw somewhere Hoban is 27-1 in playoffs over the past 6 years. Wow. The only blemish is to the team they face tonight. Good luck to both teams and fan bases. 50's and dry tonight. I can't wait
  5. C

Who said anything about an asterisk? If he has one it's because he is the all time leader in every passing record at Hoban and I think he is #12 all time in yardage in Ohio HS History? Oh and he tied a record in 2017 for TD's in a game if I remember correctly with 4. All in the first half...
  6. C

Future Hoban HOF. No asterisk for this kid. Career leader in so many categories and going for his 3rd chip in 4 years. What's scary is your knowing the mileage round trip for a HS kid you don't know personally?
  7. C

OHSAA Meeting with State Championship Participants at 11:30 (Moving Games to Massillon)

Happy to be traveling 30 minutes instead of 2 plus hours to see game tomorrow night. What kid wouldn't want to play at PBTS? Or at some soccer field in the middle of a corn field outside of Columbus? Great move and venue. #5 chip against Massillon on their home filed? Priceless. Go knights
  8. C

As a Hoban fan I am thrilled to be going back to PBS and play Massillon. What better place to win #5 than on the tigers home turf. With the fan allotment being distributed 750 for each team I have no issue with home field advantage. Just saved me 5 hours of driving as I was going to game...
  9. C

Teams are pretty even with a few exceptions. Massillon has a great punter. If he plays a big part it means they are not achieving first downs. Not good Hoban has a great QB. Shane Hamm is the difference in this game. General and coach on the field that makes plays in multiple ways...
  10. C

2020 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Week 13- Championship Week

Week 13 Games: Warren JFK Over 45.5- JFK/NB Coldwater Under NMS/Coldwater Kirtland Under Kirtland/Ironton Van Wert Over 48.5 VW/MLC Chardon Over 55.5 SFD/Chardon Over 41.5 Hoban/Massillon Game of the Week- pick winner AND total points (tiebreaker): Hoban 50
  11. C

Observation after watching Hoban in person most of the season. QB is a smart, tough and a winner. Has a chance to go 50-3 career with a win this Friday. Very good and deep in the backfield with 2-3 horses who can tote the rock. Receiver's can make some plays when needed but the bread and...
  12. C

2020 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Week 12

Week 12 Games: Pickerington Central Hoban Chardon Warren JFK Carroll Bloom- Carroll Kirtland Fort Frye Kettering Alter Coldwater New Bremen St. Bernard Roger Bacon Game of the Week- pick winner AND total points (tiebreaker): LaSalle 65
  13. C

Region 5 Final- Hoban vs. Hudson

Until they win it on the field convincingly they cannot be the best Hoban Team ever. 2016 won 30-0 running clock on Trotwood, 2017 scored 42 first half points against WW and 2018 only went 15-0. 2020 defense may be close to being best ever but offense is not close to 2015-18 teams. Kicking...
  14. C

2020 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Week 11

Week 11 Games: Pickerington Central Massillon Avon Chardon Tiffin Columbian Warren JFK LaSalle Xavier Ursuline Kirtland New Middleton Springfield Game of the Week- pick winner AND total points (tiebreaker): Hoban (who else?). 42
  15. C

2020 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Week 10

Week 10 Games: Mentor Massillon Hudson Avon Canfield Norwayne Lake Catholic Hoban Wooster Ravenna Highland Game of the Week- pick winner AND total points (tiebreaker): Mogadore 55