Recent content by Bumpy84

1. B

Week 12 #7 Nelsonville-York 8-3 @ #2 West Jefferson 10-1

I see NY lost to 3 very avg. teams, this will not be close.
  2. B

Marion Local vs Cedarville

PAIN!
  3. B

Division VII Football Poll - Week 7 (10/02/23)

So 3 voters think that Ansonia may be better than ML, ummm ok.
  4. B

Week 2 Paint Valley @ West Jefferson

Not sure how those two sites have PV as a favorite, I am a PV fan and have us as a 20-28pt dog. Guess we will find out Friday.
  5. B

Week 2 Paint Valley @ West Jefferson

As much as I would like to think that PV has a punchers chance in this game it just isn't happening. The WJ QB will probably be too much for the PV defense, our pass coverage isn't up to par. 41-13.
  6. B

DV State Semi-Final: Valley View (13-1) vs Ironton (14-0)

When I saw the Ironton final score I just assumed that they ran it down HP's throat, looked at the stats and Ironton ran 30 times for only 81yds. The Wisconsin recruit had 7 carries for 24yds, IHS must be a passing team now.
  7. B

Marion Local vs Allen East

They were balanced against us, having a very athletic QB allows them to roll out and let him hit an open WR or take off with it. their RB #48 is a good power runner also.
  8. B

Marion Local vs Allen East

If this wasn't 100 miles away I would take this game in, AE crushed my team in the 2nd rd. so I can make a few comments from what I observed.Though undersized the AE LBs fly to the ball very well, defense as a whole got off blocks quick and attacked. #3 the QB/safety is very quick running the...
  9. B

Week 12: D5 R20 #1 Valley View (10-1) vs #9 Blanchester (8-3)

Its been a while since I saw Blan (week 1) but I do recall that their QB has size and runs the ball pretty well, strong arm but not very accurate. We controlled the LOS on them so with that said I don't see any way that Blanchester can compete with a team like VV, they don't have enough "dudes"...
  10. B

d5 region 20 predictions

This is pretty accurate, also the fact that they are one dimensional with a line em up and mow em down run offense. Not necessarily a bad scheme but what works in the fairly weak SVC prolly aint gonna go very far in the D5 playoffs. #44 is their bread & butter, big and strong (listed 185 but...
  11. B

d5 region 20 predictions

Zane Trace is a good team in a bad conference(SVC). Don't pay much attention to their comp pts. Any of the 4/5 teams mentioned above would beat ZT handily. Not hating on them just calling it as I see it.
  12. B

Week 2 West Jefferson @ Paint Valley

Last years game, I try to forget about it. WJ jumped on us early and we could not defend their passing game at all. I hope we don't give up 375 yds passing again this year or it will be another long night for PV. We are supposed to be a run heavy offense with 2 very capable RB's and an athletic...
  13. B

Week 1 Urbana @ West Jefferson

Not a WJ fan but did see them scrimmage at Chillicothe last week, whoever the new QB is he will be just fine. Looked very poised and threw some nice passes to some athletic receivers. Probably not going to be a final 4 team like last year but should win a lot of games this season.
  14. B

Brand new interview with Coach Dye Paint Valley

I know WJ graduated a lot of seniors but don't believe it would drop them off that far. Best time to see a game at PV is mid October, nice view of the surrounding hills as they change colors.