Recent content by Bumpy84

1. B

Countdown to Ohio HS Football Normalcy

Ahh yes, can't wait. Bleachers packed with people, loud cheering after a big play, not having to wear a face mask just to go to concessions or restroom. Gonna be nice.
  2. B

Paint Valley @ Mechanicsburg

Leaving soon to make the 1 1/2 hr. drive to the Burg, hoping for an injury free game (we only suit up 28) but a hard fought one also. May the best team win......
  3. B

Good post, I have read several comments on here predicting an easy win for Burg. We are not playing 2 hand touch down here in Ross county, PV is no longer a finesse team, new coach is implementing a more physical style of play. This is going to be a great game.
  4. B

The only way burg can get away with a 3 man front against PV is if they are silverback gorillas.
  5. B

That Adena team you played last year is a bit better this year since they only graduated a few starters and are loaded with seniors this season.
  6. B

Minster @ Adena

Adena wins, but not by much.
  7. B

Not sure which team's DL you refer to, if you mean GV then yes Adena DL was better. GV wasn't too shabby though, if they had one or two more guys like #72 then we would have had a tough time running it. The SVC was bad this year, after the opening loss to Adena we running clocked the next 5 games.
  8. B

Good luck with that, OHSAA's 15% rule still in effect. Burg will probably have about 150 fans on home side and PV allowed about 80. just a guess.
  9. B

PV is well aware that Burg is more physical and poses a much taller task than GV, being 7-0 and ranked #3 in the state speaks for itself. On the flip side I don't believe that Burg has faced an OL this good so far this year, including WJ. Once again I say this is gonna be a good game, no gimme...
  10. B

Thanks Burreaux, very few outside the Valley even give us a punchers chance. I agree that our OL has been stellar, making our good backfield look even better. Probably going to work on the passing game this week because after Burg watches some of our tape I expect to see a 5 or maybe even 6 man...
  11. B

I assume that PV got the name because of its location just outside Bainbridge in a valley surrounded by a few large hills, the Paint I believe is a seasonal thing. A home game in October usually is a pretty picture, all the trees on the surrounding hills changing colors and the corn fields makes...
  12. B

PV has come a long way since the season opening loss to Adena, Coach Dye and the staff have done a great job. Pretty sure the Bearcats are gonna be 3 maybe even 4 TD dogs in this game. I expect nothing less than a close game, PV is not gonna make the trip to burg just to pee down their leg.
  13. B

Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

PV - Greeneview should be a good game, seem to have very similar type of offenses. Our 6 seniors have worked their tails off this summer and I would like to see them advance. If GV can slow down / stop our running game then I tip my hat and say they deserve the win. Adena needs to dispatch of...
  14. B

Division VI - Region 24 Playoff Bracket

Good question, especially since R24 is so tough. Adena & PV should be in 23 with the schools that are closer than the majority of 24, I also might add that I think Fort Frye is the only team in R23 that is capable of beating Adena/PV.
  15. B

Playoffs Round 2: Best Chances at an Upset?

If the MAC cellar dweller that went 0-6 in the regular season can beat the best that the SVC has to offer then maybe football should be dropped by the SVC and focus on round ball and baseball. I know that the MAC is a gauntlet and vastly superior to the SVC in FB but come on man, MAC's worst...