Recent content by buckeyetobobcat

1. B

Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

No kidding, make no mistake, will always respect Northwood Football and Baseball in terms of what they do against the TAAC, but man, their basketball program is one that never gets wheels. As I said before, cannot blame them for wanting out of the TAAC, especially in terms of basketball. They...
  2. B

NWO Football 2024

Will be excited what Ottawa Hills does this upcoming season. Lotta promise from that group last year and the backs are back.....
  3. B

Northwest Ohio Realignment

Not to be arrogant about baseball at Ottawa Hills, but Ottawa Hills plays a Toledo Suburban and Catholic schedule full throttle. I get it, right now Calvert is on a tear with State Appearances the last couple of years, but the history of Ottawa Hills doesn't lie in baseball. They're a school...
  4. B

This looks like an insanely good set-up for a lot of parties involved. That said, do both sides want to make this work, especially given Ottawa Hills is effectively rudderless and has the former TAAC Commish as Athletic Director right now?
  5. B

Again, for me is it's what Ottawa Hills and Liberty-Benton does. Whatever move they make I feel like will launch another round of fun.....
  6. B

Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

I can't blame Northwood for picking up their ball and leaving the TAAC. Seriously, going up against three privates that have notoriously recruited in the last decade at the small school level is another level of absurd. I'm sorry, but TAAC teams don't get La Lumiere to show up randomly unless...
  7. B

Might is the keyword. But again, their size comes into play and won't get past the front door of the 8 NWOAL schools, especially when there is few parts of history where BG and the NWOAL cross paths
  8. B

8-man Football

If you told anyone this 10 years ago that Vanlue would still be playing 11-man football and Fremont St. Joe's wouldn't be, you'd have this board and legacy JJHuddle posters laughing in your face....definitely words I thought we'd ever be typing
  9. B

Actually they would in that scenario now that you say it. That said, Tinora and Otsego are going to be plays 1 and 2 here I believe prior to it being Ottawa Hills, even tho they schedule the western 3 in hoops and other sports annually.....
  10. B

Or Liberty-Benton if they keep their growth up.....and they're still looking for a home..... In that scenario L-B, Bryan, Defiance, Napoleon, Wauseon, Archbold PH, LC, Delta, Evergreen, Swanton (mystery #12 team?)
  11. B

As it is right now, until the Eastern 3 leave what is a super stable conference, it won't be an option. But the second they do, any and all options will be on the table....
  12. B

NBC would suit them well too, especially as the trail continues to evolve in population growth for them. But again, all scenarios lead back to the Eastern 3. Whatever they decide will decide the NWOAL's fate
  13. B

8-man Football

Well, with the TAAC realignment about to happen, definitely keeping my eye on Williams County for new candidates potentially..... Hilltop I think will be a domino that falls at some point, North Central will go TAAC for a couple of years, and potentially realize it's tough staying at 11-man, and...
  14. B

Lots of facts here, hence why I said only way this happens is if Ottawa Hills gets in the ears of the 3 eastern NWOAL schools to cause some chaos. That being said, that school has enough scandals to focus on and currently is rudderless at the AD job (have an interim ATM, but nothing will be made...
  15. B

If Northwood were still in the TAAC to join the splintered Delta, Evergreen, Swanton alliance and pick up school #6 from somewhere, I could see that league actually working rather well. Unfortunately the train is rolling on this and don't see how it slows down. Like the only way Ottawa Hills...