Recent content by algernonsidney

1. A

Your schools greatest team...

Maybe they wouldn't have had so many blowouts if they had stayed in the SEOAL, where they were playing a schedule that was appropriate for the school's enrollment?
  2. A

Your schools greatest team...

I'd like to see the 1993 team matches up against them. I specifically remember that they never played a single D5 school all year--they always played a team that was higher. Then they won D5, which was the last year for five divisions.
  3. A

Manchester's Jim France Retires

Thank you. Akron Manchester was often a contender. It's too bad he never got the big trophy. That's a lot of games and a lot of wins.
  4. A

What schools do you think should or eventually will consolidate?

Catholic schools have already went way down since the 1960's. Tuition has went up because there are less nuns teaching and more lay teachers. I had a nun who once told us that she got paid a salary of $50 per month. Bellaire Saint John's is definitely in trouble if not dead by now. Other...
  5. A

What schools do you think should or eventually will consolidate?

Nobody has brought up the possibility that all this corona virus stuff could lead to more students staying at home and less students in school. This would lead to less "need" for the schools. I think this could be huge. We also have to consider geography. The smallest high school and school...
  6. A

Ohio High school football not as powerful as once was?

Are you kidding? I am from the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia, so I watch football in both states. Martinsburg has won eight state titles in ten years. I think they would have a tough time beating the best in the MAC. Someone like LaSalle, Pickerington Central, or Mentor would crush them.
  7. A

looking for Pickerington score from 1996

West Virginia was playing girls basketball in the fall of 1994. They switched to winter girls basketball in the 1995-6 school year. Maybe they never went at all. John Marshall was in the top ten in girls basketball just about every year throughout the 1980's and 1990's. They won the state in...
  8. A

Maybe the game never happened. I could be wrong about this. I am asking because it's my high school. I didn't go to high school in Chicago.
  9. A

Are there any experts here on the history of girls basketball at Pickerington? Back in 1996, there was only Pickerington. I am looking for the score of the game between Pickerington and John Marshall. That is NOT the one in Cleveland. That is the one located in Glendale, West Virginia. Thanks.
  10. A

Canton repository all county football

I want them to change the name to _Canton Suppository_.
  11. A

How Does A #8 Seed Win A State Football Title?

Winton Woods beat two state champions, and they were out of the playoffs.
  12. A

New York Times catches MAC-tosis

Can you please the text of the article here?
  13. A

What Home and Home Series would you like to see

I wish Ohio would go back to six divisions. Then we could have the Ohio-Pennsylvania challenge. The best team in each classes/divisions would match up. So, the best in Ohio D1 would play the best in Pennsylvania AAAAAA. It would be D2 vs. AAAAA, D3 vs. AAAA, D4 vs. AAA, D5 vs. AA, and D6 vs A...
  14. A

We also need the two Eastern and the two Southern schools playing each other.
  15. A

There is also Franklin Furnace Green.