#PACtion™ 2024

They had Poochie and South on the ropes last year as much if not more than most teams in the PAC.
Fairless was the only team that had less than a 7 point margin of loss in their game against the Poochie led Wildcats, then Triway who played half the game without Poochie in at QB. The rest of the league was at least a 21 point thrashing, there must have been something you saw that the scoreboard didn't reflect

This is also double edged, sure your JV was competitive but they also were stuck playing underneath a varsity team largely comprised of underclassmen that went 1-9 and the JV kids weren't able to be starters on that team, what's that say about their overall ability? And now a lot of those same JV kids will be back this year stuck behind the same 1-9 Varsity players and where does that realistically take them a year later?
This take misses the point. CVCA’s JV team was very good. All playing behind CVCA’s 8-2 (6-1) varsity. Manchester’s JV played them tougher than anyone not name Streetsboro.

The future at Manchester will be much better than the recent past.

Kirtland*
1714485762098.png

1714486202605.png

Last edited:
Fairless was the only team that had less than a 7 point margin of loss in their game against the Poochie led Wildcats, then Triway who played half the game without Poochie in at QB. The rest of the league was at least a 21 point thrashing, there must have been something you saw that the scoreboard didn't reflect
South scored 21pts in the 4th quarter to win that game. 35-14 final - but it was 14-14 in the 4th quarter of this game....

Very possible on the playoff meeting, depending on how things go for both teams this year, could end up meeting in week 2. My prediction for schedule changes for 2025, will be Dalton replaces either Riverview or CVCA, no doubts about that, be as confident as I was with my bourbon bet on before the Dial hire was made public. As for the second non-conference change, I don't have as much confidence or a prediction there. I believe he'll retain the Smithies and the Chippies.

Have to say, the last few days of reading made my scroll posts from the past look some tick tock or text from my kids that have no more than 8 letters in them, but somehow communicates the same amount as 10 pages of words. I've come full circle from my first few posts as a newbie not quite a year ago and running my mouth towards parochial schools, ie getting off on the wrong foot with my yappi pals @cuyahogacuse; @the123kidz to having some great discussions, clearly not always gonna agree, always going to be some personal influence and experiences that put us all in shi**y mood once in a while, but the level of tuffness has went up about 10fold the last 48 hours on here. Maybe incomprehensible for the small minded, non-#PACtion neanderthals. I'd vote all the regulars on here to the #PACtion Board of Directors!
the level of tuffness has went up about 10fold the last 48 hours on here.

Let's crank up the tuffness 11 fold:

1714487854160.png

"Mr. Mustang"

And let's crank up the tuffness 12 fold:

1714487948393.png

This take misses the point. CVCA’s JV team was very good. All playing behind CVCA’s 8-2 (6-1) varsity. Manchester’s JV played them tougher than anyone not name Streetsboro.

The future at Manchester will be much better than the recent past.

CVCA vs Manchester JV Results

15-12 (CVCA)

14-12 (CVCA)

6-3 (CVCA)

*GAME NOT PLAYED*

Manchester played the Royals close for four years straight during one of the worst stretches of Varsity football in Pantherland history. If those JV results were indicative of improvement on the field they did not show up in the box scores

CVCA vs Manchester Varsity Results

41-14 (CVCA)

48-14 (CVCA)

Logic would have held that those same Freshmen and Sophomore's who played tight JV games on Saturday mornings in '21 and '22 would have had similar results the next two years year as contributors but instead it was a 4 touchdown beat down in '23 and a five touchdown blowout in '22. I would hesitate reading at all into Junior Varsity results in a league as small as the PAC-7 is, the vast majority of high level players at these schools are on the Varsity fields as Freshman and Sophomore's which can absolutely neuter a class of kids who may only have 10-14 players and are left playing JV ball their first two years with a pieced together team playing out of position to just get through the games

Son: "Dad, how can I get more people interested in what I have to say?"
Dad: "Well, son, you can't be afraid to say things you don't think folks will like. And don't forget to talk about food, wrestling, and JV results too."

Bouncing into May with over 100k views. . . #PACtion2024™ is a special place.

1714489020963.png

@thePITman any front runners for the basketball job?
Does Holt being gone potentially mean a transfer for his son?
Haha. People ask me these type of questions all the time assuming that either (1) I know the answer (HA!), or (2) if I knew the answer, that I'd share it publicly. Sure, I hear stuff maybe a few days before most people who post on this website, but it's never my place to share private information until it's been made public, so everyone can stop barking up that tree.

Also, as most of you know, my identity is absolutely not a secret, and has not been a secret since the early 2000's. And because of that, I sometimes have to limit the personal opinions and/or insider information that I share on here. Heck, I had to stop participating in weekly pick'ems because, if I picked against my home team, I'd hear it from angry parents and coaches. So I just stick to my wheelhouse of posting memes, gifs, and providing comic relief.

Also, as most of you know, my identity is absolutely not a secret, and has not been a secret since the early 2000's. And because of that, I sometimes have to limit the personal opinions and/or insider information that I share on here. Heck, I had to stop participating in weekly pick'ems because, if I picked against my home team, I'd hear it from angry parents and coaches. So I just stick to my wheelhouse of posting memes, gifs, and providing comic relief.
From this moment until the end of time I'm going to have the image of PIT carrying his game day scoring supplies (ipad, laptop, notbooks, program, etc) from the parking lot to the pressbox at a home Triway game and getting catcalled by Shreve's finest for what he posted on Yappi! 🤣

The image is like Henry & Karen going in the back door to the restaurant except replacing the "Good to see ya!" with "What they he!! were you thinking picking Northwest to beat us last week?!?!" 🤣

Haha. People ask me these type of questions all the time assuming that either (1) I know the answer (HA!), or (2) if I knew the answer, that I'd share it publicly. Sure, I hear stuff maybe a few days before most people who post on this website, but it's never my place to share private information until it's been made public, so everyone can stop barking up that tree.

Fair enough! I certainly understand - was just trying to understand if the Holt situation was contentious or if it really wasn't that big of a deal....we'll find out in due time I suppose

From this moment until the end of time I'm going to have the image of PIT carrying his game day scoring supplies (ipad, laptop, notbooks, program, etc) from the parking lot to the pressbox at a home Triway game and getting catcalled by Shreve's finest for what he posted on Yappi! 🤣
Haha! Truer than you know, back in the day. Catcalls, phone calls... you name it. It was almost as bad as when Josh McWilliams wears his favorite blue hoodie to a home basketball game between Triway and [insert blue team here]. LoL!

One time I deserved it, though. It was the 2003-04 boys basketball season, and we were set to play Tiffin Calvert at their place. You see, back in the day, we actually had meaningful conversations about our sports teams and their upcoming matchups, and there was a discussion on JJHuddle about the game. I thought I was being a positive contributor to the thread by giving the opponents a rundown of our team. That was, until after we lost, I was made aware that I basically provided the perfect scouting report, word-for-word, for our opponents. It's pretty embarrassing when you hear from a basketball player that your name was mentioned in not the greatest light in the postgame talk in the locker room. Whoops!

Haha! Truer than you know, back in the day. Catcalls, phone calls... you name it. It was almost as bad as when Josh McWilliams wears his favorite blue hoodie to a home basketball game between Triway and [insert blue team here]. LoL!

One time I deserved it, though. It was the 2003-04 boys basketball season, and we were set to play Tiffin Calvert at their place. You see, back in the day, we actually had meaningful conversations about our sports teams and their upcoming matchups, and there was a discussion on JJHuddle about the game. I thought I was being a positive contributor to the thread by giving the opponents a rundown of our team. That was, until after we lost, I was made aware that I basically provided the perfect scouting report, word-for-word, for our opponents. It's pretty embarrassing when you hear from a basketball player that your name was mentioned in not the greatest light in the postgame talk in the locker room. Whoops!
Hide Hiding GIF

Going to Tiffin in itself is bad enough.

Tiffin's Ballreich chips are not tuff like Gold 'n Krisp.

One of the worst bosses of my life was from Tiffin. And went to Calvert.

And I don't think you "deserved it."

You were dealing with some bad juju beyond your control with "Tiffin", "Calvert", and "JJ Huddle."

There hasn't been three losers in the same sentence at that level since Pelosi, Schumer and Speaker Mike Johnson in this one.

#PACtion™ Exclusive Content

Keith Wakefield sees a lack of tuffness in the fast food world and is bringing back all of the legends:

View attachment 58035

Expect some changes on Lincoln Way & West Tusc.
Boy, do I miss Rax. When they talk about not knowing what your glory days are until they're over - for me that's the days when there was a Rax in every town & I could look down while standing and see my shoes . . .