#PACtion™ 2024

I don't know the details of which field there was a conflict on - all I know is that football wanted to practice and band already reserved whichever field was in question. And that Coach Stacy told either Scott Ross or Brody Jackson that he would be accommodating to the schedule but made it known that this sort of scheduling would have never been allowed under France and everybody knew it...
And that Coach Stacy told either Scott Ross or Brody Jackson that he would be accommodating to the schedule

Be glad Stacy talked with Brody and not Zac Jackson.

I think Zac was traumatized in the past either through watching too many bad Browns teams, doing a podcast with Andre Not Knott, or getting turned down for dates by Sara Shookman. It lead to a life of Summer Shandies and under .500 reporting efforts for The Athletic.

Last edited:
Mr. Cuse...will you please run for President....please please....lol....You do have a way with words and have the ability to listen...excellent post!
You want Mr. Cuse for President when I just rallied my many fans to march through Meadowlake Estates and up the hills of Kenyon Avenue as part of a Francisco Franco-like regime.

1714422753909.png

They also didn't play Canton South, Northwest, or Orville regularly during his tenure there and had a ton of 1st and 2nd round exits during 8-10 win regular seasons.

'04- 10-0 - First round exit
'05- 9-1 - Second round exit
'06- 7-3 - Didn't qualify
'07- 5-5 - Didn't qualify
'08- 7-3 - Didn't qualify
'09- 9-1 - First round exit
'10- 10-0 - Third round exit
'11- 7-3 - First round exit
'12- 7-3 - Second round exit
'13 - 9-1 - Fourth round exit
'14 - 5-5 - Didn't qualify
'15 - 5-5 - Didn't qualify
'16 - 7-3 - Didn't qualify
'17 - 8-2 - Second round exit
'18 - 7-3 - Third round exit
'19 - 7-3 - Third round exit

So in France's final 16 seasons the Panthers only advanced beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs 4 times and missed them entirely in 6 of those seasons. Now France was still an incredible Coach, one of the best in small school history, but without the final two seasons that featured THE BEST PLAYER IN SCHOOL HISTORY doing everything for the Panthers it's a pretty pedestrian looking record. In a lot of ways France was a master of scheduling who benefited drastically from a very weak conference for a large portion of his tenure and gets remembered fondly because of that. It's incredibly telling to me that during Vic Whiting's run at Northwest the Panthers and France NEVER once scheduled their next door neighbor but instead took trips to Black River, Mogadore, and Smithville year after year instead
What about the entire body of work? I guess wins in the early years in the Suburban or the All-Ohio Leagues didn't count. You know, wins against schools like Green, Nordonia, and Hudson. Oh, and Orrville and Northwest which Manchester played on a regular basis. As for the early exits, a lot of that was explained in an earlier post, and in roughly half of those, Manchester was playing the eventual state champion or runner-up. But, sure, Manchester's history is not really anything special. I wonder if most Carrollton fans, if given the chance, would prefer to have Manchester's football history rather than their own? If you can't attain it, downplay it, right?

You want Mr. Cuse for President when I just rallied my many fans to march through Meadowlake Estates and up the hills of Kenyon Avenue as part of a Francisco Franco-like regime.

View attachment 57987
Oh man, that's a slightly darker reference than when you brought up Rommel. If PACtion2024™ had a Caudillo instead of a Commissioner we wouldn't need to take a vote. The winner would be the last surviving nominee!

So I'm a Kevin Stacy supporter, and a Northwest supporter (so naturally I do not care for Manchester.) So I'm a little triggered when Manchester folks want to put expectations out there that this is the make or break year for Stacy in year 2. IMO - ya'll have screwed up the coaching hires since Koach retired (I think you can all agree on this) and now that you finally have a legitimate person captaining the ship, you want to say that year 2 is make or break. Statements like this set me off - make me immediately feel like you guys don't deserve this guy.

That is the basis for my attack on Manchester history in my previous post. Nothing I said in that post (looking past my opinions) is incorrect. Great regular season records under France -very little post season success. That said, I'm sure tons of programs out there would trade for Manchester's success - still doesn't change the facts about how those wins added up, and what those teams did in the post season.

Lastly - the problems at Manchester the last several years don't even really have all the much to do with the coach of the football team. There has been a culture change at the school in general. Did you know that football had to rearrange time on the field last year because the band had scheduled time, and that this happened more than once? You all think that would have ever happened under France? What do you think it's going to be like with the new turf field? France had so much power in that school and when he left, everyone else seized their piece of the pie...truth be told, football is no longer the end all be all at Manchester like it was before - and the faithful that frequent this thread at too far removed from the program to see those things changing.....
I'm a Stacy supporter, too. I haven't been calling for him to be fired based on the outcome of this season. However, tradition and history do matter, so expectations will be higher. As for the rest of your post, culture changes happen. They are inevitable. That doesn't preclude a winning over the long term.

When under France would the BAND have ever been granted to prime after school practice time slot for the football field??? I'll wait for the answer here.....

@TopCat @7Diamond @SpeedSafety25 @sheldoncooper - can ya'll help Rip out here.....when did this ever happen under France?
Under France, the band had its own practice field just outside the band room at the high school school. Construction recently took that away.

So I'm a Kevin Stacy supporter, and a Northwest supporter (so naturally I do not care for Manchester.) So I'm a little triggered when Manchester folks want to put expectations out there that this is the make or break year for Stacy in year 2. IMO - ya'll have screwed up the coaching hires since Koach retired (I think you can all agree on this) and now that you finally have a legitimate person captaining the ship, you want to say that year 2 is make or break. Statements like this set me off - make me immediately feel like you guys don't deserve this guy.

That is the basis for my attack on Manchester history in my previous post. Nothing I said in that post (looking past my opinions) is incorrect. Great regular season records under France -very little post season success. That said, I'm sure tons of programs out there would trade for Manchester's success - still doesn't change the facts about how those wins added up, and what those teams did in the post season.

Lastly - the problems at Manchester the last several years don't even really have all the much to do with the coach of the football team. There has been a culture change at the school in general. Did you know that football had to rearrange time on the field last year because the band had scheduled time, and that this happened more than once? You all think that would have ever happened under France? What do you think it's going to be like with the new turf field? France had so much power in that school and when he left, everyone else seized their piece of the pie...truth be told, football is no longer the end all be all at Manchester like it was before - and the faithful that frequent this thread at too far removed from the program to see those things changing.....
Casual. You are reading this all wrong. Me and other posters support the man. We are wishing him well and hoping for the best. If you were a boss and hired a person to sell or make product and they didn't do it, how long would you wait? Stacy

View attachment 57987
1. I'm not running for President of anything ;)
2. This place has neither a President nor a Caudillo. It has a Mayor. You'll have to fight @Raylan_Givens for that title.

I envision it will look something like this.
las vegas ufc GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

I don't know the details of which field there was a conflict on - all I know is that football wanted to practice and band already reserved whichever field was in question. And that Coach Stacy told either Scott Ross or Brody Jackson that he would be accommodating to the schedule but made it known that this sort of scheduling would have never been allowed under France and everybody knew it...
I believe my old friend Don Mclean had a line in his great song 'American Pie' about such a band refusing to yield. I'll be the jester.

1. I'm not running for President of anything ;)
2. This place has neither a President nor a Caudillo. It has a Mayor. You'll have to fight @Raylan_Givens for that title.

I envision it will look something like this.
las vegas ufc GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
1. Thank you, but I make no claims to the esteemed position of Mayor of PACtion2024™
2. Below is video of me on the way to my last fight (it was with a judge over a traffic ticket).

Homer Simpson GIF

What about the entire body of work? I guess wins in the early years in the Suburban or the All-Ohio Leagues didn't count. You know, wins against schools like Green, Nordonia, and Hudson. Oh, and Orrville and Northwest which Manchester played on a regular basis. As for the early exits, a lot of that was explained in an earlier post, and in roughly half of those, Manchester was playing the eventual state champion or runner-up. But, sure, Manchester's history is not really anything special. I wonder if most Carrollton fans, if given the chance, would prefer to have Manchester's football history rather than their own? If you can't attain it, downplay it, right?
This is legit. Old school football fans know how good those Mo Tipton & Bill McMillen Orrville teams were in the AOL & Ohio Heartland Conference days.

Crooked Canal Fulton and Northwest was either really damn good under coaches Morrison, Dial (twice) and Whiting or really bad under the calvacade of coaches who were there when the Indians joined the NBC at the beginning of the NBC and into the 1990's. Northwest went through a bad stretch in the 90's.

They're pretty good now.

Manchester playing Green, Copley and Hudson was playing "up" for the Panthers. And did Manchester play Revere when Joe Pappano was coach?

Mogadore, Smithville and Black River all have been tuff.

I think Manchester was stopped by numerous private school teams in the playoffs which, no offense to CVCA, were a notch above. Ursuline, St V, Hawken (not a Catholic school but wasn't OJ McDuffie on that team?). Didn't Manchester run into Mooney, too?

My mind is somewhat cloudy on it but I know the Panthers ran into some buzzsaws much like @Raylan_Givens beloved pro wrassler Buzz Sawyer.

Manchester won a bunch of games with a full haus T formation and that's hard to beat strong Catholic schools with that in the playoffs when those Catholic teams tend to be loaded in the trenches.

Those Catholic schools had more bulk than a Lane Bryant catalog. That's why I date a Presbyterian with a free beach house in North Carolina.

Maybe the Panthers needed a bit more passing but Jim France was and is KOACH because he was really good.

One difference Orrville had back in the day was a big passing attack and running backs that could score from anywhere on the field. Manchester was more of the grinders getting 4 yards a carry.

Orrville was Hank Aaron slugging home runs. Manchester was Pete Rose turning a single into a double with heart and hustle.

Each was beloved by their community of fans for what they did.

Look at it like this: Dover's been a really solid program. So do we fault them for no state title? Yet they've almost always given their little Ohio town something to be proud about as everything else in the economy, society, etc, is crumbling.

I mean Dover had a recent mayor nabbed on corruption charges and Mayor Homrighausen made a bigger mess than yours truly making chili in my crockpot.

But Dover football keeps on rolling.

So should we fault an excellent public school football program for no playoff state title?

NO.

A lot of it is luck and just sticking with it grinding away before the right opportunity happens.

Keep the tradition going at your school is what I say.

And that's why we tune into Yappi everyday and support our local teams.

This is the best of sports...right here...and much better than the heartless Cleveland Cavaliers or rigged major league baseball or a sh*tty hockey team in Columbus with an absentee owner or Taylor Kelce winning a Super Bowl (barf) or a ridiculous version of college football that would send Woody, Bo, Ara, the Bear, that nice Southern gentleman Bobby Bowden and JoePa into cardiac arrest.

#PACtion™

Last edited:
If you're losing to the team that eventually wins the title in the first round odds are that you're coming in seeded near the bottom of the bracket, this is not the defense you think it is, if anything it adds strength to the notion that lots of those teams were products of soft scheduling. Don't confuse that with saying those teams were bad or that France was a mediocre coach, both the teams and France himself were very solid but the legacy is not this watertight, unassailable, behemoth that nobody can measure up to. They had some truly excellent teams in '96 and '97 and then again in '13 and '18 and '19 surrounding those five stand out years are a ton of pretty solid teams with a handful of just average ones lumped in. Definitely something to celebrate if you're a Manchester alumni and something to be proud of for sure but it's not that upper echelon of achievement in Ohio football. You just can't ignore a 23-27 all-time record in the playoffs

I get both sides of this argument.

I got to be part of the great run in the 00's for NW. Early on as a player and may have even enjoyed it more as an observer. I have an extremely over inflated view of the program because that was all I knew. The program and culture of the school and community was amazing during that time. I still want to believe NW is capable of that, but the landscape of the community itself and high school football in general is so different now.

Manchester was such a non factor to our school at that time, so I have a different perspective of them as a whole. But I completely feel their alumni and community have the right to feel the way they do about their past (like I do).

We ran into the same thing as Manchester by the sound of it. Steubenville, Benedictine, and Licking Valley. Great teams and some really great players. With some bad luck thrown in as well.

I get both sides of this argument.

I got to be part of the great run in the 00's for NW. Early on as a player and may have even enjoyed it more as an observer. I have an extremely over inflated view of the program because that was all I knew. The program and culture of the school and community was amazing during that time. I still want to believe NW is capable of that, but the landscape of the community itself and high school football in general is so different now.

Manchester was such a non factor to our school at that time, so I have a different perspective of them as a whole. But I completely feel their alumni and community have the right to feel the way they do about their past (like I do).

We ran into the same thing as Manchester by the sound of it. Steubenville, Benedictine, and Licking Valley. Great teams and some really great players. With some bad luck thrown in as well
Yes, I believe you are correct but Carrollton is here to judge PACtion™.

😂

View attachment 57987
Yes I want Mr.Cuse! Francisco Franco ducked, bobbed, and weaved thru Spain and now Meadowlake Estates....he doesn't understand the internet! The one thing Francisco didn't have to deal with is being PC...so he has that going for him...yet some people would say that is racist...lol. Mr.Cuse President...Mr. Topcat his press secretary!

Joann Shaw Taylor put on a tremendous show tonight...if you get a chance to see a show at the Kent Stage...go...downtown Kent is looking great...great parking...great places to hang out...and a small yet awesome theater that brings in some great acts

Nothing @ShootNation said is incorrect. And Shoot and I have had many disagreements on this thread!

Manchester has a long history of winning a lot of games. They absolutely won all those games. Shoot and I were just pointing out that all that regular season success didn't translate to winning in the post season.

I think most people would trade regular season wins for post season wins.....at the end of the day, at the highest levels of sports - coaches who win in the regular season and can't get it done in the post season, often times end up fired because while regular season wins are nice....it's not ultimately what teams/programs are chasing....
I get what your saying but who were the losses to? Usually a Kirtland, Ursuline, right?
If you're losing to the team that eventually wins the title in the first round odds are that you're coming in seeded near the bottom of the bracket, this is not the defense you think it is, if anything it adds strength to the notion that lots of those teams were products of soft scheduling. Don't confuse that with saying those teams were bad or that France was a mediocre coach, both the teams and France himself were very solid but the legacy is not this watertight, unassailable, behemoth that nobody can measure up to. They had some truly excellent teams in '96 and '97 and then again in '13 and '18 and '19 surrounding those five stand out years are a ton of pretty solid teams with a handful of just average ones lumped in. Definitely something to celebrate if you're a Manchester alumni and something to be proud of for sure but it's not that upper echelon of achievement in Ohio football. You just can't ignore a 23-27 all-time record in the playoffs
I keep waiting on you to post Carrolltons accomplishments! For God's sake man that community can't even get a Bell Store!

I'm a Stacy supporter, too. I haven't been calling for him to be fired based on the outcome of this season. However, tradition and history do matter, so expectations will be higher. As for the rest of your post, culture changes happen. They are inevitable. That doesn't preclude a winning over the long term.
I think Stacy will be ok. He has to ensure that his staff is making the proper adjustments to make sure they don't blow all those 4th. quarter leads. If they adjustment they will make the playoffs!

Was thinking about all this Manchester talk this morning, and recalled a couple of key data points.

• Manchester’s last decent season (7-5, 5-2) was a senior-heavy team in 2021
• After that, we were told the cupboard was pretty bare. I recall posts to this extent in the 2022 PACtion™ thread. Too lazy (not enough time) to look them up right now.
• We were also told that the middle school team (at that time) had some athletes. But it was going to take a while. The results the last two seasons have borne that out, although there was improvement last year - in competitiveness - if not substantial change in the overall record.

It then dawned on me (again - just hadn’t thought about it for a while) that if you want a peak at what the future might look like, you need to look to the past. Specifically to the past on fall Saturday mornings.

Now it is just one data point. But below are the 2023 CVCA JV football results. Why CVCA? Frankly, it’s the only JV results that I could easily find online. If any of you have JV results from last fall for your schools, feel free to post them. We’ll see if they corroborate what I think will play out.

IMG_9601.jpeg

What’s the point? Sure, CVCA appears to have some young guys ready to step in and compete, given these results. But more importantly, to the recent thread topic, Manchester played the Royals JV closer than anybody in the conference. That should be very encouraging if you are a Manchester fan. My guess is there are much better days ahead for the Panthers in the not too distant future.

Now if you are a Triway or Fairless or Orrville fan, yes, it’s only one data point and JV depth is most challenging at the end of the season, but the results against CVCA last fall don’t offer much in terms of future promise (with the big caveat that it’s only one late season game for each school … so naturally … you never know).

Last edited:
Casual. You are reading this all wrong. Me and other posters support the man. We are wishing him well and hoping for the best. If you were a boss and hired a person to sell or make product and they didn't do it, how long would you wait? Stacy
When you guys say this is basically a make or break year, in year 2, you're basically putting the coach on the hot-seat for this season. And I just don't think that's right. The only way I can see this as fair, is if he completely sh*ts the bed this year and the team looks worse and/or unprepared. But if they take another step forward, and end somewhere around .500 for the season, that is still progress. This happens, now the 25' season can have real expectations and playoff aspirations!

For the record - I don't believe he's on the hot-seat with the administration. I believe within the school, there is a lot of buy-in and support for the program/coach.

Tuslaw vs Kirkland make it happen.*

*The Mini Van Moms of Kenyon Creek love Kirkland brand products from Costco and will confuse Kirtland with Kirkland.

Dalton vs Tuslaw D6 playoffs make it happen. Mustangs will defeat Coach Pencil Neck Leek.
Very possible on the playoff meeting, depending on how things go for both teams this year, could end up meeting in week 2. My prediction for schedule changes for 2025, will be Dalton replaces either Riverview or CVCA, no doubts about that, be as confident as I was with my bourbon bet on before the Dial hire was made public. As for the second non-conference change, I don't have as much confidence or a prediction there. I believe he'll retain the Smithies and the Chippies.

Have to say, the last few days of reading made my scroll posts from the past look some tick tock or text from my kids that have no more than 8 letters in them, but somehow communicates the same amount as 10 pages of words. I've come full circle from my first few posts as a newbie not quite a year ago and running my mouth towards parochial schools, ie getting off on the wrong foot with my yappi pals @cuyahogacuse; @the123kidz to having some great discussions, clearly not always gonna agree, always going to be some personal influence and experiences that put us all in shi**y mood once in a while, but the level of tuffness has went up about 10fold the last 48 hours on here. Maybe incomprehensible for the small minded, non-#PACtion neanderthals. I'd vote all the regulars on here to the #PACtion Board of Directors!

When you guys say this is basically a make or break year, in year 2, you're basically putting the coach on the hot-seat for this season. And I just don't think that's right. The only way I can see this as fair, is if he completely sh*ts the bed this year and the team looks worse and/or unprepared. But if they take another step forward, and end somewhere around .500 for the season, that is still progress. This happens, now the 25' season can have real expectations and playoff aspirations!

For the record - I don't believe he's on the hot-seat with the administration. I believe within the school, there is a lot of buy-in and support for the program/coach.
I can't unpack all the back and forth on the Manchester situation the past couple days on here. Several of you already have very nicely and just too much for me at this point. As your friendly #PACtion neighbor, I truly wish the best for the Panthers (except when playing the Mustangs) but I would say to the people frustrated whether with the coaching or just struggles of recent years, it could be worse, you guys will not accept mediocracy and/or failure for 5-10 years or longer like another school of Rt 93 that only recently has started to make the right moves, maybe 1 or 2 more needed, but we getting there.

The entire body of work is what we're looking at and what I went after when I started this whole conversation. Manchester has a ton of wins - but looking at the entire body of work shows not much success when it counts most, in the playoffs.

Look, there are tons of programs that would trade places with Manchester's history - 100%. And yes, they beat some teams in those great stretches. They also made a living beating Coventry, Tuslaw, Fairless, Tusky Valley, Timken etc...
Exactly. Wins are wins no doubt! They just don't count for many computer points when they're against the Canton Timken's of the world....

View attachment 58016

But more importantly, to the recent thread topic, Manchester played the Royals JV closer than anybody in the conference. That should be very encouraging if you are a Manchester fan. My guess is there are much better days ahead for the Panthers in the not too distant future.
This is also double edged, sure your JV was competitive but they also were stuck playing underneath a varsity team largely comprised of underclassmen that went 1-9 and the JV kids weren't able to be starters on that team, what's that say about their overall ability? And now a lot of those same JV kids will be back this year stuck behind the same 1-9 Varsity players and where does that realistically take them a year later?

This is also double edged, sure your JV was competitive but they also were stuck playing underneath a varsity team largely comprised of underclassmen that went 1-9 and the JV kids weren't able to be starters on that team, what's that say about their overall ability? And now a lot of those same JV kids will be back this year stuck behind the same 1-9 Varsity players and where does that realistically take them a year later?
I think they're taking a step forward this year. They had Poochie and South on the ropes last year as much if not more than most teams in the PAC. Another year of good coaching and developing the system - there will be improvement