23/24 CHL Baseball thread

93 red ls

I know its still fall but decided to get this thread started!

It'll be Indian Hills and Coach Daniels to lose once again!

reigning POY Nick Rinala will look for a huge senior campaign
The senior class at IH is LOADED w/ Rinala (6wins .5 ERA ) as well as Hartman , Copfer . Ben Leibel was 4-0 as well.
IH has a pretty talented Freshmen class coming in as well. HC son Devlan Daniel is the #1 ranked 2027 in Ohio per PG
Also Dylan hartman (younger brother of trent hartman) is in the freshmen class as well both will make impacts on the varsity level this year

League Runner up Reading Has a pretty talented Junior class Hess , and Davis (whom could be a pre season running for POY)
Losing Benny will be big shoes to fill as he lead the league in hitting

Madeira Graduates quite a few impactful players. Solana , Megios , Mobley were all in the top 20 of hitting in the CHL.
they do return Cunningham and Hartung who were a combined 8-3 on the mound.

Wyoming Should return a pretty solid Senior class and I could see them finishing a little higher than last year Maybe above Madeira and or reading.
Melvin , Pippin and Weyman all return who were in the top 20 of hitting in the CHL last season.
JP Neufarth returns with 5 wins last year and Sophomore Steed was 3-1

Mariemont was VERY senior heavy last season Metze , Jones and Durkin.
they do Return Bronson (5 wins) and Hanser (42 k's) that will help toe the rubber!

Taylor will be coming in to the season VERY young. Also with a newly named HC (Jarrod Zeiser long time asst at Wyoming and St. X)
They graduate their top 3 run producers in Hall , Jump and Taylor
Last year was taylors 1st losing season since 2014
I can see 2-3 freshmen being Varsity guys off the jump. 1 being Bryce Clayton who has had a pretty successful summer ball campaign the past few years!

Deer park Brody Armor returns (who has been a 3 sport kid for DP his 1st 3 years!) he finished 8th in the CHL in hitting last year.
as well as Jayce Parsons.

Finneytown went 0-15 last season. and only scored 4 runs
and they havent won a CHL game since 2017
they started 3-4 freshmen last year and only had 2 seniors.

Here is how i can see the league playing out

1) IH
2) Wyoming
3) Reading
4) Mariemont
5) Madeira
6) Taylor
7) Deer Park
8) Finneytown

Early POY eyes on Rinala from IH and Davis from reading

Last edited:

reigning POY Nick Rinala will look for a huge senior campaign
The senior class at IH is LOADED w/ Rinala (6wins .5 ERA ) as well as Hartman , Copfer . Ben Leibel was 4-0 as well.
IH has a pretty talented Freshmen class coming in as well. HC son Devlan Daniel is the #1 ranked 2027 in Ohio per PG
Also Dylan hartman (younger brother of trent hartman) is in the freshmen class as well both will make impacts on the varsity level this year
Benny Liebel commits to University of Chicago. Possible commitments from Rinala, Hartman, and Copfer. Devlin Daniel ranks among the top of his class in ohio for 2027

Benny Liebel commits to University of Chicago. Possible commitments from Rinala, Hartman, and Copfer. Devlin Daniel ranks among the top of his class in ohio for 2027
IH's Freshmen class is loaded with Talent. Hartmans little brother is a stud too!

Devlin has come in full force!
1500yds rushing 16td (Did all that not playing the 1st 3 weeks!)
avg's 2 ppg in Basketball (IH seems to play 15 kids a night LOL)
Baseball who knows what he will accomplish stat wise but IMO this is his best sport.

No disrespect to the CHL but one of the weaker leagues in the Cincy Area. Indian Hill is going to be a lock at winning the league, and not a free win for non conference opponents and they haven't been the past few years, but this could be the year they make that far run with the pitching and hitting weapons they have now if the freshman class is as good as talked about. I think they'll win 23 games this season.

No disrespect to the CHL but one of the weaker leagues in the Cincy Area. Indian Hill is going to be a lock at winning the league, and not a free win for non conference opponents and they haven't been the past few years, but this could be the year they make that far run with the pitching and hitting weapons they have now if the freshman class is as good as talked about. I think they'll win 23 games this season.
Yea IMO with the freshmen class at IH they may own the CHL in more than just baseball the next few years.

Taylor will def be down this year and next for baseball. (my son is part of the freshmen class there now) by the looks Taylors JV team could be made up of 10-11 freshmen. I believe this senior class only has 3-4 baseball kids. (football only had 2-3) basketball same with 2-3 kids. Just not many male athletes in the 2024 class.

I dont think its "weaker" i think it can be very top heavy.

last year 5/8 teams finished w/ .500 record or better

compare that to some of the other leagues in this area.

CHL 5/8 (62%)
SWOC 3/6 (50%)
GCL and co ed 7/10 (70%)
ECC 6/10 (60)%)
GMC 3/10 (30%)
SBAAC 4/12 (25%)
MVC 8/12 (66%)

thats just soley looking at wins/losses not looking at opponents , Strength of schedule , runs score ect ect.

Has anyone seen any teams in action so far this year? Not sure if anyone is scrimmaging yet, but I just thought I'd get something going if anyone knows anything.

Has anyone seen any teams in action so far this year? Not sure if anyone is scrimmaging yet, but I just thought I'd get something going if anyone knows anything.
reading and Taylor had scrimmages last night.

Taylor lost to Cin christian 8-0? reading beat 7hills on a walk off 9-8

Taylor JV beat wyoming 10-2

I see Indian Hill has played a few games in Florida. Also noticed Devlan Daniel not in the box scores. Anyone know why?
UCL injury. out 4-5 week minimum

Even without Devlin , IH would still be my Favorite to take the CHL.

Rinala (regaining POY) line in his 1st outting 7 IP 1 hit 2 BB 10 k's

I see Indian Hill has played a few games in Florida. Also noticed Devlan Daniel not in the box scores. Anyone know why?
i am friends with his dad on social media, and he posted a picture of DD in a sling. a disappointment for DD, IH, and the CHL, as he throws smoke and is more talented at baseball than any other sport. i wish him the best in his recovery!

Indian Hill gets a win over Mariemont 11-0. Rinala throws a no hitter, 7k, 5IP. Good swings up and down the order.
Good for him! i was following along on GC but had no idea he had a No No working!

Reigning POY Line in his 1st 2 starts is pretty impressive. 2-0

12 IP 1 H 4BB 17 K's 0 ER

IH 2-0
Wyoming 1-0
Madeira 1-0

Reading whom was runner up in the league last year has started out 1-7... Taylor has started out 1-6

I had Reading slated to be in the 3rd spot in the league but early on looks like they could slide down