Potential New Football Programs

Bump. Only update is Lordstown has an informational meeting about starting an 8-Man football team on thursday
This is also the 1st time I've seen a school go from no football and trying to go right to 8-Man in the state. Looking at their league has me thinking. Chalker is already 8-Man. Merging Bloomfield into Bristol could make 8-Man possible there if not already. Would it be intriguing to Badger and Maplewood? I know nothing about Py Valley unfortunately but it definitely should be intriguing for Fairport and St John to drop to 11-man so with an addition of Sebring, why not just have the Northeastern Athletic conference be the 8-Man league for Northeast Ohio

Stripes Division

Stars Division

Py Valley just went 7-3 and won a playoff game in D6 so I imagine they're happy with 11 man for now.

I've been thinking similar in NW Ohio. Hilltop football is terrible. Stryker and Holgate are 8 man. Edon and North Central are doing OK right now, but who knows in the future. I imagine Montpelier would fight hard to stay 11, but why not try to get Fayette and/or Pettisville to start 8 man and have the BBC sponsor football?

Py Valley just went 7-3 and won a playoff game in D6 so I imagine they're happy with 11 man for now.

I've been thinking similar in NW Ohio. Hilltop football is terrible. Stryker and Holgate are 8 man. Edon and North Central are doing OK right now, but who knows in the future. I imagine Montpelier would fight hard to stay 11, but why not try to get Fayette and/or Pettisville to start 8 man and have the BBC sponsor football?
I imagine If that happens that Montpelier would try to join the GMC. Fayette would be interesting. Pettisville probably would already have it if they didn't have soccer. Same goes for the PCL schools

This is also the 1st time I've seen a school go from no football and trying to go right to 8-Man in the state. Looking at their league has me thinking. Chalker is already 8-Man. Merging Bloomfield into Bristol could make 8-Man possible there if not already. Would it be intriguing to Badger and Maplewood? I know nothing about Py Valley unfortunately but it definitely should be intriguing for Fairport and St John to drop to 11-man so with an addition of Sebring, why not just have the Northeastern Athletic conference be the 8-Man league for Northeast Ohio

Stripes Division

Stars Division

Do you want teams to drop to 8 man?

Hilltop should absolutely join 8-man, especially with a few teams so close.

214 students as best as I can tell from a few searches online. Independent charter school.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 072424.png

School is in Maysville Local School District territory and is apparently an old school building of theirs. Has a field/stadium already.

Is Foxfire even an OHSAA member? Judging by the little bit of their basketball schedule I could find on maxpreps, my guess is no.
Foxfire is not an OHSAA school. I'll be 100% honest with you I live in Zanesville and I don't know fully what the school is. It's been around for a while. I know it as a school where a lot of troubled kids go, or kids that can't necessarily go to a normal high school because of various issues go. That all maybe off and i'm sure no someone can clear it up, but i do know there is no way they can field an OHSAA football team.... their basketball plays strictly local JV teams.

Foxfire is not an OHSAA school. I'll be 100% honest with you I live in Zanesville and I don't know fully what the school is. It's been around for a while. I know it as a school where a lot of troubled kids go, or kids that can't necessarily go to a normal high school because of various issues go. That all maybe off and i'm sure no someone can clear it up, but i do know there is no way they can field an OHSAA football team.... their basketball plays strictly local JV teams.
Found this article that explains a little about who they are and what they do...

Talk of the area is that on Monday Celina IC is going to announce they are bringing back their HS and sports will soon follow, to include football.

That was posted March 31st lol.

Definitely sounds like an April Fools post though. IC never had football when they WERE open, did they? Can't see enough students suddenly going there now to open up again, much less play football.
Nope. But to be fair, they have had some of their biggest classes since the high school closed at the elementary levels. Still see no reason for it to reopen though as the facilities would be severely out of date