Glenville

Another big-name GA transfer (2023 D4 1st team All-State) with D1 offers has altered his social media info and appears to have hit the road again. What's happening over there?
GILranIWMAEwFgy.jpeg

Another big-name GA transfer (2023 D4 1st team All-State) with D1 offers has altered his social media info and appears to have hit the road again. What's happening over there?View attachment 56321
With Davis and Caesar on the team, Cleveland Heights is on every college recruiters must-see list. Maybe Hamm just felt more comfortable at Heights High? Between Ginn, Stephens and Rotsky on the eastside the competition for players is fierce. If Benedictine would get rolling again it would be even more intense, and don’t think for a minute that St Ed’s doesn’t know who are all the talented eastside kids. Heck, even Gilmour Academy, Lutheran East and Lutheran West try to get these kids.

With Davis and Caesar on the team, Cleveland Heights is on every college recruiters must-see list. Maybe Hamm just felt more comfortable at Heights High? Between Ginn, Stephens and Rotsky on the eastside the competition for players is fierce. If Benedictine would get rolling again it would be even more intense, and don’t think for a minute that St Ed’s doesn’t know who are all the talented eastside kids. Heck, even Gilmour Academy, Lutheran East and Lutheran West try to get these kids.
But we were told repeatedly that The Ville is where EVERY college coach goes first in Ohio lol

Folks are finally starting to understand kids move schools in Metropolitan areas lmao. In all seriousness Heights will continue to get transfers like this as well because of the type of program Stephens is building. They just gotta find another dimension with that triple option offense.

It's unusual to attend 3 high schools in 3 years: St. Eds, GA, Clev Hts. The two other kids who recently transferred from GA also attended 3 high schools in 3 years: Ward went to Hoban, GA, and is currently at Clev Hts and O'neill went to Garfield Hts, GA, and is now at Bennie.

Guys have been coming in for the past three years, but they appear to be leaving suddenly.

It's unusual to attend 3 high schools in 3 years: St. Eds, GA, Clev Hts. The two other kids who recently transferred from GA also attended 3 high schools in 3 years: Ward went to Hoban, GA, and is currently at Clev Hts and O'neill went to Garfield Hts, GA, and is now at Bennie.

Guys have been coming in for the past three years, but they appear to be leaving suddenly.
Maybe they were told you have to move into the Glenville zone to stay at GA??

Nah, we are just turning into Florida HS Athletics here in Ohio. Gunna be the wild wild west soon.
This also isnt something that hasnt happened before. Some people have just convinced themselves only Glenville benefits from transfers lol

This also isnt something that hasnt happened before. Some people have just convinced themselves only Glenville benefits from transfers lol

I don't think he is singling out Glenville as several other public and private schools are also involved mentioned. But I would agree those others don't receive the same level of criticism for it.

I don't think he is singling out Glenville as several other public and private schools are also involved mentioned. But I would agree those others don't receive the same level of criticism for it.
I was more so talking about the Cleveland area specifically. Its really not uncommon for kids to go to multiple school around here. Glenville and Heights will have mulitple kids on their teams this year that started off at the opposite school lol

Last edited:
as someone else said, I am saying this is a statewide thing. Heck even Ryan Day's kid has been at like 3 school systems already.

The transfer issue I have with GA has always revolved upon their zero CB, which they have maintained for the past three years despite having at least 30 football transfers throughout that time.

I'm not familiar with Glenville prior to Corona.

The transfer issue I have with GA has always revolved upon their zero CB, which they have maintained for the past three years despite having at least 30 football transfers throughout that time.

I'm not familiar with Glenville prior to Corona.
All those kids live in the GA school district according to those with ties to the program. They wouldn’t lie or anything just to stay in division 4 and walk to a state championship every year.

All those kids live in the GA school district according to those with ties to the program. They wouldn’t lie or anything just to stay in division 4 and walk to a state championship every year.
I don't think they'll walk to a state title again this year. There are some D4 teams who are getting plenty back, we haven't seen competitive balance come out yet with official regions and division placements. I mean, I felt like looking at joe eitel from last year, Perkins game them a competitive game, I can imagine that maybe a Hartley, Steubenville, or another type of grind it out can control the clock and the ball type teams can hang around and make it competitive.

I have come around to the idea that whining about whether someone or cheating or not and playing the victim because you can't replicate what they do or attract the same type of talent does nothing for you but waste energy.

I am looking forward to another competitive year in the OHSAA Football Playoffs. I still think Ohio does it the best.

According to OHSAA and CMSD bylaws and policies, there's almost no way Glenville could have a CB other than 0.

The question with Glenville is more fundamental: are all of their players legitimately eligible to play for them?

According to OHSAA and CMSD bylaws and policies, there's almost no way Glenville could have a CB other than 0.

The question with Glenville is more fundamental: are all of their players legitimately eligible to play for them?
Must be nice to cheat and get away with it. Enjoy those d-4 championships. Lower the number in a fake way maybe they can play in d-7 next year.

Due to transfers from neighboring districts, I've seen that multiple CMSD schools have a CB number, and those kids attend the school where they play.

Eligible? Did you not notice how many players were missing from their postseason roster? LMAO Almost all of their "first-year" transfers were ineligible, with the exception of a few guys and their All-State quarterback from Twinsburg. 2022 was a much different story, though.

If you believe that the athletes and their families are relocating to Glenville for one, two, or three years to attend GA and represent GHS football, that's fine (I don't), but the feeder school thing is out: Brush, Euclid, Rocky River, Solon, Clev Hts, Maple Hts, Hoban, Walsh, Mentor, and Garfield Hts etc. are not feeder schools.

👍🏻Like ⬅️ Reply

😂 neoman

Due to transfers from neighboring districts, I've seen that multiple CMSD schools have a CB number, and those kids attend the school where they play.
That's a function of geography. It is possible for a kid to live in Twinsburg, attend a CMSD school, and play for that school. It's less clear how it would be possible for that kid to play for Glenville.