Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Pro should be happy they didn’t hire him. Now the info coming out is ridiculous, pav controlled whole process. After speaking to 2 of the coaches I found out Pro had majority of staff staying on including Ciminero, he also offered to donate his coaches salary back to pay more coaches. The committee chose to create a job in the school for a ignazio who was 32-49 instead of a guy who’s coached in 4 state title games. This hire will cost the district just short of 100k when a proven winner was free. This committee including the superintendent chose to do this to appease pav.
I can only infer that pav was adamant that the next guy be a mediocre coach to protect his legacy.
My calculation has Pro coaching at Canfield for 16 years, 11 under Pav. Ignazio has been there 2. I’m so happy for Pro that he doesn’t have to deal with that administration going forward. And it seems Pav wants to control program he walked away from, that would not be good for Pro.
This situation is crazy coming out of a district that can’t pass a levy
Pro is a great coach and would probably slap some of the people running their mouth on here for what they are saying about Pav or the guy they hired. If you disagree, you probably don’t know Pro as well as you think you do

Canfield should be ashamed of themselves. Pav already told the AD and superintendent to hire Ignazio a week after he resigned. Pav was scared that his piss poor legacy would get surpassed with Pro as head coach. Someone who you called a friend for over 10 years stabbed you in the back. What a snake. Pro should be happy he does not have to deal with this crooked program. Just do not understand how they can hire a coach 1 month ago, do 3 rounds of interviews, then announce. Sounds sketchy if you ask me.
Someone’s feelings are hurt, back to your cave bro

There was an outstanding candidate who didn't even get an interview. He coached youth football in Canfield for years with great success and always wanted to keep progressing up the ranks. However, he was shut out of a middle school coaching position at Canfield, so he moved to one of the area's elite programs to gain experience under a highly successful coach. But apparently that wasn't enough to warrant an interview. We'll see how this shakes out for Canfield football.
Take your pee wee loving arse to someone who cares

hate to interfere with your squabble. The decision is made and the Canfield administration screwed up and chose least qualified candidate and then blew a ton of cash creating a job for him. No reason to beat a dead horse here. The admin will get to hear public blowback about job during levy time and then seeing team become a below average team with rotten leadership and they can do the whole process again in 3 years.

Are you the one who applied? If so, my advice would be to leave all pee wee accomplishments off the next resume you put together
No, not at all lol. I just know his capabilities from watching him develop a number of athletes thru the years. I'm pretty sure he played for Pav also. I would tend to agree with you for 95+% of youth coaches, but this one is special and was deserving of at least an interview. He has a very strong grasp of the game and has a great offensive mind. I know if you asked any of his former players, Broc Lowry being the highest profile, they'd all agree.

hate to interfere with your squabble. The decision is made and the Canfield administration screwed up and chose least qualified candidate and then blew a ton of cash creating a job for him. No reason to beat a dead horse here. The admin will get to hear public blowback about job during levy time and then seeing team become a below average team with rotten leadership and they can do the whole process again in 3 years.
What makes him the least qualified candidate? Who else applied? He has HC experience, did every other candidate have that experience? JI wasnt successful at Boardman, but guess what, none of the other coaches immediately before him or since him have been either. W/L records don't always tell the whole story.

I'll repeat my earlier sentiments though. Based on the info presented here on Yappi and assuming it is all true (not always the case), Prologo would have been my choice over JI. But some of these statements being made on here are outrageous.

Last edited:
A lot of the comments on here are being misconstrued. Canfield won the state 2 years ago and many of the same people said they did so in spite of coach Pavlansky. While Ignazio may not have been the choice or moved the needle for a lot of people, I wouldn’t write Canfield off. Coach Ignazio will build a great staff and he and the coaches are getting a great group of athletes and kids to coach. Predictions about kids in 8th grade or any other grade leaving I would agree with and there may be some kids who leave. I would hope not, but there will probably be some attrition. However, the 8th grade class is no more talented and accomplished than the current freshman and sophomore class. Each of the 3 classes is just as important as the other. They are also very deep classes, especially the freshman and 8th grade. There are plenty of examples of coaches who have had way better second terms than first, and sometimes it's due to experience, and sometimes it's due to talent upgrade. I expect this will be a combination of both.

What makes him the least qualified candidate? Who else applied? He has HC experience, did every other candidate have that experience? JI wasnt successful at Boardman, but guess what, none of the other coaches immediately before him or since him have been either. W/L records don't always tell the whole story.

I'll repeat my earlier sentiments though. Based on the info presented here on Yappi and assuming it is all true (not always the case), Prologo would have been my choice over JI. But some of these statements being made on here are outrageous.
He was at least less qualified than Prologo and failed in his first head coaching job and he was there for many years and did not change the culture there.

Coach Ignazio will build a great staff and he and the coaches are getting a great group of athletes and kids to coach.
I thought the point of this hire was to keep the staff intact. Is JI already bringing in his own guys? This just keeps getting better and better. Can you tell me about $100k new position in the school? Is some of that going to be used to juice the stipends for his new staff?

He was at least less qualified than Prologo and failed in his first head coaching job and he was there for many years and did not change the culture there.
Fair enough. But I'm sure "invader03" has not a clue about what the culture was like before/during/after Ignazio was there. But to each their own.

Fair enough. But I'm sure "invader03" has not a clue about what the culture was like before/during/after Ignazio was there. But to each their own.
I know Boardman football falls beneath the band, music department etc.. Still When Ignazio was there, they had some talent and should have at least been 500.

I have no dawg in this agreement. But what I will say is, the way Pav, the AD , and superintendent handled this whole situation. Hiring a coach a week after Pav retired, but withholding it until this week is very unprecedented. So why did they even hold 3 rounds of interviews? If you look at the coaching stats between JI and Pro, it's not even comparable. Pro has been a successful coach every school he has been at. Not saying JI can't and won't do a good job at Canfield, just makes the program look terrible how it was handled. Within the next week, the truth will come out. There is text out there between Pav, JI, and the superintendent stating Pav did not want Pro as the next coach because he was worried Pro would do a better job than he did during his time with the cards. When the time is right, those will be released. Instead of the superintendent and board members making the right choice they listen to a man who has zero say in canfield football anymore. #GoUrsline

Are you the one who applied? If so, my advice would be to leave all pee wee accomplishments off the next resume you put together
Always a tough guy in the bunch that can't put more than two complete sentences together to debate unless, it is to degrade or act stupid? The point the man was trying to make was, that there were good candidates regardless of their experience, in the mix that did not even get a shot, who decision was that? Unless you are the one doing the hiring for the Canfield School district all this nonsense is speculation and gossip. By the way, it is really easy to talk with your thumbs, and if you truly knew who this person was, your Pee Wee accomplishment comment is irrelevant. Might not have the experience needed now, but every coach including Pav, JI, Pro, Reardon, Yeagley, hell even Bill Bellichick had to start somewhere. You my friend might want to educate yourself on how to form an opinion and debate, rather than spout off nonsense in a forum where people are just having a simple conversation.

Look at all the new accounts joining up to complain about a coach being hired in a town they more than likely don't live in. All with claims of insider knowledge and group texts with nefarious intentions between coaches and superintendents. We even get poster's with colorful well thought out names like Pav is a crook. Most Canfield residents don't care who the coaches are until their sons or daughters don't get the playing time they feel they deserve. That's when the nonsense starts. I'm not sure what the Prologo agenda is. I don't know the guy personally but I assume he is a good coach. I'm also not sure why anyone would be upset that Pav had a hand in hiring his replacement. While I have issues with some of the things he does, he has EARNED the right to go out they way he wants. If that includes advocating for his replacement, so be it.

Last edited:
And you expect a coach to come in and be successful in that environment?
Reaching 500 level at Boardman is not asking for the world. A solid coach has to overcome bs no matter where they coach. He had enough talent but was not that good of a coach. He may win a state title at Canfield...much easier Ohio division and weak schedule. Just wonder why you take a coach who has failed once over one who was extremely successful and coached at the school once already.

Reaching 500 level at Boardman is not asking for the world. A solid coach has to overcome bs no matter where they coach. He had enough talent but was not that good of a coach. He may win a state title at Canfield...much easier Ohio division and weak schedule. Just wonder why you take a coach who has failed once over one who was extremely successful and coached at the school once already.
Every division down is an easier path to state. That said I don’t think it’s much easier or a weak division. The D3 champs this year were the D2 the year before. I’m sure both Hoban and Massillon were happy they didn’t have to face them in the playoffs. Half of Canfield and Boardman schedules are pretty much the same, and while Boardman’s other half may be a little tougher with Fitch, Lake, Kenston & Mooney, Canfield facing West Branch, Olmsted Falls and Mansfield isn’t much different. And region 9 is far from weak with Chardon, Kenston, Ursuline, VASJ, and Canfield. I bet in the past 10 yrs 7 of the state champs came from this region.

To try to discredit what a great team with a phenomenal player did on the field in 22 isn’t what this conversation is all about. It’s actually about a snake ex head coach stabbing a loyal friend in the back and an administration allowing him to insert his minions on a committee so he could control the outcome to hire a lesser replacement head coach to protect his own legacy. All of his ex players must be correct that he doesn’t care about his players because if he did he would have sat on the sidelines and let the school hire the best replacement to give them the best shot at success. That would have shown he cared about the players he left behind. This conversation is about a selfish, self serving individual. Period
But we shouldn’t be surprise he’s the same guy who destroyed 2 family's with his deceitful lies a few years back
It’s his MO

Now we see the real reason they didn't ball up and play Fitch
SR see above
The real reason Cochran left
The real reason principal and assistant principal left
He** the guy wasn't that good off a coach or he would have Played area teams and not ducked them with the talent they had
COWARD who wants people to think he was God

No, not at all lol. I just know his capabilities from watching him develop a number of athletes thru the years. I'm pretty sure he played for Pav also. I would tend to agree with you for 95+% of youth coaches, but this one is special and was deserving of at least an interview. He has a very strong grasp of the game and has a great offensive mind. I know if you asked any of his former players, Broc Lowry being the highest profile, they'd all agree.
Pee Wee football and the previous State Champion Canfield Cardinals are not on the same level. What are we even talking about here?

I have no dawg in this agreement. But what I will say is, the way Pav, the AD , and superintendent handled this whole situation. Hiring a coach a week after Pav retired, but withholding it until this week is very unprecedented. So why did they even hold 3 rounds of interviews? If you look at the coaching stats between JI and Pro, it's not even comparable. Pro has been a successful coach every school he has been at. Not saying JI can't and won't do a good job at Canfield, just makes the program look terrible how it was handled. Within the next week, the truth will come out. There is text out there between Pav, JI, and the superintendent stating Pav did not want Pro as the next coach because he was worried Pro would do a better job than he did during his time with the cards. When the time is right, those will be released. Instead of the superintendent and board members making the right choice they listen to a man who has zero say in canfield football anymore. #GoUrsline
How did this supposed text between the three people who would not like this info out there leak? Shame on anyone trying to make things up to fit their narrative because someone they wanted didn’t get the job. To the guy who said they won in spite of Pav. I have one question. Are you on drugs? Pro is one of the best coaches in the area and I imagine would be very disappointed in the BS some of you people are spinning on here. I do appreciate all the new members creating accounts to chime in although It’s probably all the same jilted lover.

Always a tough guy in the bunch that can't put more than two complete sentences together to debate unless, it is to degrade or act stupid? The point the man was trying to make was, that there were good candidates regardless of their experience, in the mix that did not even get a shot, who decision was that? Unless you are the one doing the hiring for the Canfield School district all this nonsense is speculation and gossip. By the way, it is really easy to talk with your thumbs, and if you truly knew who this person was, your Pee Wee accomplishment comment is irrelevant. Might not have the experience needed now, but every coach including Pav, JI, Pro, Reardon, Yeagley, hell even Bill Bellichick had to start somewhere. You my friend might want to educate yourself on how to form an opinion and debate, rather than spout off nonsense in a forum where people are just having a simple conversation.
Complaining that a peewee coach didn’t get an interview for one of the best jobs in the area isn’t having an opinion. It is having no common sense. It is being lost in your own reality. It is not being told no enough in your lifetime and probably use to getting what you want without having to work for it. What are we even talking about here? Canfield won a state title and we should be mad at them for not interviewing pee wee coaches. Maybe that person can coach. Join a staff and work your way up. No one is saying it can’t be done. Complaining or having people allegedly go on here to defend said person is a very bold strategy. I blame participation trophies for this nonsense.