2024 Federal League

DaveDawg

The Bulldog
The tentative conference schedules as of Friday, April 12, 2024...
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 14.27.20.png

Last edited:

Hopefully Green finds a week 2 opponent that is beatable, but also challenging, and offers the potential for a lot of harbin points.

Playing South Range last year checked all of those boxes. Good lower division team with a winning tradition that won all of their other nine regular season games.It's too bad the Raiders didn't stay on the schedule for 2024.

Perry has a coach who badly needs wins. They proceed to make their hardest out of conference schedule in years. Interesting strategy..

What does GlenOak look like with their returners this year? I would like to think they have improved enough to contend for the FLC

Hmmm, Smoove lookin' at the schedules and lookifies like only Perry and Hoover have a full boat of games? DO the others just not have the schedules finalizationed? Smoove looks at GlenOak schedule and WWhHHHHHeeeewwwwweee!!! It looks like a toughie with Massillon and Fitch on there, but they gots 2 open dates. That is whackified! Smoove likifies Hoover schedule, minus Akron Norff, they stunkified the place last year, but they gonna be much more improvified and could keep it within 50.
As far as the outside the lines things, how is each team's concession stand? Smoove been to Jackson, Green and Lake, but what about GO, Perry, etc

Here are the non-senior players from the 2023 all-league team:

McKinley: Dante McClellan, Keith Quincy (First Team) Dior Garner, Nino Hill (Second Team) K'Vuone McNeal, Braeden Earley, Stephon Thomas (Honorable Mention)

Lake: Charlie Christopher (First Team), Ryan Lippe, Hunter Patterson (Second Team), Tommy Lombardi, Cohen Stuhl (HM)

GlenOak: Jamar Johnson, David Potter (First Team) Adrion Burt, Quincy Jones (Second Team)

Green: Michael Schaal, Antonio Martin (First Team) Anthony Fortunato, AJ Fortunato (Second Team) Evan Reed (HM)

Hoover: Zach Braucher, Cole Rembielak (First Team) Bryce Roach, Paul Koskovich (Second Team) Drew Zikaro, Jack Zikaro, Chase Lukens (HM)

Jackson: Lucas Ecrement, Evan Mauser (Second Team) Foster Stanley, Robbie Eberhardt, Cooper Mizeur (HM)

Perry: Brock Huggins (First Team) Mike Millin, Austin Mattox (Second Team) Landon Ristoff, JJ Wilson, Micah Geis (HM)

I don’t have much of an idea on how the streaks will be, they lose quite a bit. The Freshman team this past year was a very strong squad so they will have some young talent. Finished 7-1 with the only loss coming to Perry. The rest were blowout wins excluding Mckinley. My WAYYY too early prediction will be the streaks take a step back from the past two years. That being said I still expect them to be pretty competitive and improve as the year goes on. Lake should be in a solid spot these next few years. I do know Degeorge’s son was the QB for the freshman team and have heard he’s quite the talent. I have not gotten to seen him play, though.

It's just the beginning. A poster from Massillon from this site said just because your a closed enrollment school system doesn't mean you can't go out and get players to your school.
You really don't see a difference between convincing a family to move to Jackson or Avon and convincing that same family to move to Canton?

You think it's a money issue? Legitimate point: COL (i.e. housing price) is higher in Jackson or Avon than in Canton. Mebbe they can't afford to live in some districts. But in that case, what does Canton offer over a host of other, equally affordable districts?

I don’t have much of an idea on how the streaks will be, they lose quite a bit. The Freshman team this past year was a very strong squad so they will have some young talent. Finished 7-1 with the only loss coming to Perry. The rest were blowout wins excluding Mckinley. My WAYYY too early prediction will be the streaks take a step back from the past two years. That being said I still expect them to be pretty competitive and improve as the year goes on. Lake should be in a solid spot these next few years. I do know Degeorge’s son was the QB for the freshman team and have heard he’s quite the talent. I have not gotten to seen him play, though.
The Freshman lost to Jackson also...we will be very young with some talented young kids mixed in with a good group of starters back..they will play good and then you will see young mistakes...team will take some lumps until everybody is comfortable playing under the lights...I expect Noah to be the QB...I don't think you will see much of Tye at QB