PAC 7 who wins it in 2023/2024

Triway/Norwayne - both teams really balanced scoring. Triway - Drown(13)/ Holt(12)/Bishko(9)/ Hackett(9). Norwayne - West(13)/Metsker(11)/ Hess(9)/Polen(8). Norwayne’s pressure caused Triway some issues. Holt had 10 in the 1st qtr and was shut down after that until 2 late FTs.

Triway/Norwayne - both teams really balanced scoring. Triway - Drown(13)/ Holt(12)/Bishko(9)/ Hackett(9). Norwayne - West(13)/Metsker(11)/ Hess(9)/Polen(8). Norwayne’s pressure caused Triway some issues. Holt had 10 in the 1st qtr and was shut down after that until 2 late FTs.
Thanks !

Fairless was 1/34 FG shooting in another game this past week.

But yes, CVCA's other wins have been impressive, and I have heard from other people that they are legit again this year.
CVCA was a good team. But I'd like to see CS vs. CVCA in a months time after CS has their basketball legs.

Wish there would be more games for norwayne to play more pac teams . It’s always a fun and competitive game when Norwayne and Triway play

it WONT be Orrville, they are terrible, look very uncoached, play no defense, and the kids are soft like the admin wants them to be, and the kids have no respect for this coaching staff, i think it's way pay past due for a change.

NW getting handled tonight by CVCA. Royals pressure is too much for the Indians and they can’t run an offense.
Royals by 10 at half.

NW getting handled tonight by CVCA. Royals pressure is too much for the Indians and they can’t run an offense.
Royals by 10 at half.
Credit to Northwest for sticking around. It was 12-0 and Northwest used two time outs in the first 3:25 of the game, as the Royals pressure was so intense, I’m not sure Northwest successfully crossed the half court line. But they settled down and battled back. But CVCA answered every run.

As an aside, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more fouls called in a game. There were 52 fouls called in a 32-minute game (28 on CVCA and 24 on Northwest). The stripes inserted themselves into this one. I’m not saying the outcome would have been different. But it caused the game to lack any type of flow in the second half.

Royals by 10 at half.
Worst officiating in a high school basketball I’ve prolly ever seen . Would love to see that game and let the kids decide who wins instead of the refs . If you say cvca is a top 10 team in state then northwest is right there with them … better officiating later in season at northwest and they win by 10 .

Royals by 10 at half.
One team got away with murder the other was getting calls against them by a guy furthest from the ball . Seen a travel get called early in game when the kid got tripped and didn’t even have possession and then a kid gets a charge on him when he made the defender look lost and scored on the side of him . Just two of the 40 terrible calls . Most called by one official . But put that aside and northwest was still in game . Different outcome later in season

Credit to Northwest for sticking around. It was 12-0 and Northwest used two time outs in the first 3:25 of the game, as the Royals pressure was so intense, I’m not sure Northwest successfully crossed the half court line. But they settled down and battled back. But CVCA answered every run.

As an aside, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more fouls called in a game. There were 52 fouls called in a 32-minute game (28 on CVCA and 24 on Northwest). The stripes inserted themselves into this one. I’m not saying the outcome would have been different. But it caused the game to lack any type of flow in the second half.
I would agree with that assessment- the comment made after the game from a former varsity level coach was that "2 of the 3 varsity refs in that game would not be officiating above the middle school level if this was 3 or 4 years ago." Essentially the "ref" shortage is factoring into the odd makeup and flow of these games, but I don't think the excessive calls necessarily helped either team in that specific game- In general, a game that is called tighter (more fouls) usually hurts the more aggressive team (which was CVCA); It's obvious both CVCA and Northwest have very solid teams - CVCA more athletic comparatively- and the rematch will be another good one.

I would agree with that assessment- the comment made after the game from a former varsity level coach was that "2 of the 3 varsity refs in that game would not be officiating above the middle school level if this was 3 or 4 years ago." Essentially the "ref" shortage is factoring into the odd makeup and flow of these games, but I don't think the excessive calls necessarily helped either team in that specific game- In general, a game that is called tighter (more fouls) usually hurts the more aggressive team (which was CVCA); It's obvious both CVCA and Northwest have very solid teams - CVCA more athletic comparatively- and the rematch will be another good one.
Very much agree with this take. The guys in stripes are doing their best. But it wasn't the best ... or perhaps most experienced crew last night. Fifty-two fouls. In a regulation high school basketball game. CVCA's depth - ten players logged four minutes or more and all scored - helped spread out those 28 fouls.

I was shocked that Pennington for Northwest fouled out in the final minute of the third period. I didn't even realize he had four. Apparently, no one on the Northwest bench did either. The last minute of the period is when you want to sit your guys in foul trouble. Pennington was the leading scorer for the Indians at the half with 9.

The rematch should be a good one.

One team got away with murder the other was getting calls against them by a guy furthest from the ball . Seen a travel get called early in game when the kid got tripped and didn’t even have possession and then a kid gets a charge on him when he made the defender look lost and scored on the side of him . Just two of the 40 terrible calls . Most called by one official . But put that aside and northwest was still in game . Different outcome later in season

Just putting this out there. @cuyahogacuse pointed out that CVCA was full court pressuring the ball and NW was struggling to get it across half court. I've seen NW a couple times this year, they also play a pressure, swarming type defense. I wasn't at this game, but based on what you're describing, aggressive defense usually leads to physical play and a large number of fouls being called to keep the game from getting out of hand.

28 on CVCA, 24 on NW - seems to be called pretty fairly. Also - you'd think that the coaches and players would adjust to how the game is being called, rather than just keep pressuring and fouling. Just saying.....everyone is quick to blame officials, but a lot of self-reflection by teams/coaches need done after games like this...🤷‍♂️

Leave it to NW fans to blame the officials for the loss … this game was brutal from the tip … the officials could’ve called 82 fouls … CVCAs depth was the difference

Northwest was aided by the officials in the CS game. South had 3 starters foul out and another with 4. NW did not have anyone in foul trouble. The refs also blew an over and back call late in the game that was huge along with several other questionable calls. Sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they don't.

Leave it to NW fans to blame the officials for the loss … this game was brutal from the tip … the officials could’ve called 82 fouls … CVCAs depth was the difference
Very accurate assessment of NW fans. NW struggled dribbling and handling the pressure but they blame the refs. Does any school in the PAC complain more than NW?

South walks away with this league...easily! They have two new players that were very good at St Thomas. Instant starters with big time potential to add to the three returning all league performers.
This hasn't aged well so far. The only PAC game left that will be a problem for CVCA is at Triway.

CVCA ranked #5 in AP poll. We will probably lose Tuesday at Louisville, then return to take the 2nd half of the league