SVSM Irish 2024

Agreed.
I almost forgot that St V played Massillon for 8 years straight...in Massillon.
I somehow doubt that one of Doran Grant's demands to take the St V job was that the Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away series with Massillon be resumed.
66-60! Your absence is noted.

Agreed.
I almost forgot that St V played Massillon for 8 years straight...in Massillon.
I somehow doubt that one of Doran Grant's demands to take the St V job was that the Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away and Away series with Massillon be resumed.
And won 4 of those games……

Buddy this is the first time in history your team is actually officially “the best” so maybe take it down a notch.

Oh wait crap I forgot you guys count all those newspaper polls from the 40s or whatever. Good for you.

Anyway, I’d certainly like to see The Holy War come back. I’m sure most everyone else would too.
Actually it's not.

Yes we do, but I'm not even talking about pre '72.

I could care less if Massillon and St. V ever play again, just pointing out that St. V has a history of taking their ball and going home.

I know money is alway taken into account but as a fan I personally never think about that aspect, don't really care if we ever play St. V again but if we do, I wouldn't mind taking over their stadium, as small as it is.
You couldn’t sell out a playoff game at sites not that much bigger than Green Street Stadium. Stop with the nonsense around how well you travel and take over stadiums.

You couldn’t sell out a playoff game at sites not that much bigger than Green Street Stadium. Stop with the nonsense around how well you travel and take over stadiums.
More of your lies. Name the games where Tiger fans didn’t travel well, with dominating numbers of fans, and didn’t take over stadiums. I’ll wait for your answers.

So just to clarify, the SVSM thread flipped to discussing Hoban and has now become a Massillon versus SVSM thread. Welcome to Yappi!
I simply asked a question and made a statement, the direction thre thread took was up to the next several non Massillon posters, they choose the direction.

Getting this threadbback on track. What does the new coach have to work with for 2024? Do we know what defensive scheme he runs? As a former DB, running cover 1 or 0 and focus on stopping the run with some creative blitz packages? What will the offense look like? Back to pounding the rock with DJ? Or opening it up more and giving him more space to run? Will be interesting to see how he utilizes the talent he has next year.

So just to clarify, the SVSM thread flipped to discussing Hoban and has now become a Massillon versus SVSM thread. Welcome to Yappi!
Or, a couple Massillon people mentioned that they would like to renew the rivalry and that turned into other folks disparaging Massillon for random and idiotic reasons…Massillon doesn’t derail threads. Idiotic trolls who can’t remotely have a discussion without talking crap do.

Or, a couple Massillon people mentioned that they would like to renew the rivalry and that turned into other folks disparaging Massillon for random and idiotic reasons…Massillon doesn’t derail threads. Idiotic trolls who can’t remotely have a discussion without talking crap do.
Keeping the focus on SVSM, what does the new coach have to work with for 2024? Do we know what defensive scheme he runs? As a former DB, running cover 1 or 0 and focus on stopping the run with some creative blitz packages? What will the offense look like? Back to pounding the rock with DJ? Or opening it up more and giving him more space to run? Will be interesting to see how he utilizes the talent he has next year.

In the hopes that the window lickers will get distracted by something shiny and leave, let’s go back to discussing Irish football.

I think one of the biggest differences Grant will bring is in the strength and conditioning department. S&C was run by Wattley during Grant’s time, and he was a bit of a drill sergeant from what I gather. Plus, Doran’s dad would train him as well. He had Doran running hills after practice at times. Doran owns his own S&C business, hopefully he whips these boys into shape.

Strength/conditioning for the Irish has been handled in recent years by a woman whose background is in dancing. I think they ran the hill two, maybe three times this season? No wonder the Irish has been pushed around in recent years.

I do not doubt Grant’s ability to lock those boys in the weight room and work them into men. That’ll make a huge difference.

Staying on track....
QB Ryan Hurley now has a full year of game experience under his belt. That alone should benefit him moving forward.
Then if you add in HC Grant's emphasis on peak physical fitness and what it takes to get there, plus OC/QB coach Davis's tutelage - I am excited to see the leap forward that I hope Ryan takes this season.

In the hopes that the window lickers will get distracted by something shiny and leave, let’s go back to discussing Irish football.

I think one of the biggest differences Grant will bring is in the strength and conditioning department. S&C was run by Wattley during Grant’s time, and he was a bit of a drill sergeant from what I gather. Plus, Doran’s dad would train him as well. He had Doran running hills after practice at times. Doran owns his own S&C business, hopefully he whips these boys into shape.

Strength/conditioning for the Irish has been handled in recent years by a woman whose background is in dancing. I think they ran the hill two, maybe three times this season? No wonder the Irish has been pushed around in recent years.

I do not doubt Grant’s ability to lock those boys in the weight room and work them into men. That’ll make a huge difference.
They‘ve had several S&C coaches in the past few years as they need to have a consistent presence and plan in the weight room. The strength of this current team lies in the running of DJ and probably (if Dru lets the BB players play) could be one of the best receiving corps in all of Ohio, with only one of the 6 being a senior next year. Gettin DJ involved in the passing game can lead to an explosive offense IF they can put together a half way decent offensive line, and of course having a QB that can out the ball in their hands. They have some big bodies up front, just teaching them technique will be key. Defensively, 3 good LBs coming back and a secondary, that although inexperienced, are talented. Again, finding the right pieces for the D line will be crucial. There isn’t much coming up from the freshman squad 2-7 and the JV was 5-3 losing 2 in the final seconds, but they had some talent. Going to be an interesting year for the Irish.

Last edited:
Staying on track....
QB Ryan Hurley now has a full year of game experience under his belt. That alone should benefit him moving forward.
Then if you add in HC Grant's emphasis on peak physical fitness and what it takes to get there, plus OC/QB coach Davis's tutelage - I am excited to see the leap forward that I hope Ryan takes this season.
There’s a possibility that we might be getting another QB here so he might see competition there he’ll be a freshman but let’s see if grant wants to to put that young pup in the fire so soon and most importantly if he’s ready and better than Ryan

There’s a possibility that we might be getting another QB here so he might see competition there he’ll be a freshman but let’s see if grant wants to to put that young pup in the fire so soon and most importantly if he’s ready and better than Ryan
Competition always brings out the best in you. If he is better, meaning he gives the Irish a better chance to win, then he SHOULD play ahead of Hurley.

IIRC, Shane Hamm started all four years at Hoban. So, it has been done before.

You talking about the QB from Buchtel? If St. V gets him that would be big.

I would kinda like to see that actually. SVSM has easily the most arrogant fanbase in the county.
One: stvm has never dodged Massillon there was some foul play on Massillons part though by recruiting our players to play for them just to lose in the end. 😭😭😭
Two: it’s always stvm against the world no matter if we are down one year or up. Players know that when you put on that uniform you’re going against the world essentially no matter what division.
Three: it doesn’t matter where we would face Massillon info stadium, green street, Paul brown or hell it self just prepare for a fight no matter what.

One: stvm has never dodged Massillon there was some foul play on Massillons part though by recruiting our players to play for them just to lose in the end. 😭😭😭
Two: it’s always stvm against the world no matter if we are down one year or up. Players know that when you put on that uniform you’re going against the world essentially no matter what division.
Three: it doesn’t matter where we would face Massillon info stadium, green street, Paul brown or hell it self just prepare for a fight no matter what.
Four: You’re Delusional