• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon's 4th appearance in the State Final, 1st since 2005 (0-3 All-time). They get it done in a defensive battle

State Finals 1980, 1982, 2005, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 That is 7 state Finals. We get the job done this year!
My apologies. Massillon is 0-6 All-time in the State Championship game. My prediction is they are 1-6 after Thursday night

I'd be surprised if this game looks much different than the Massillon/Eds and Eds/Hoban games did as far as style and score. If it gets decisive one way or another, it's probably because one team is turning the ball over.

Yes, a big monkey on our back.
I’ve seen this story time and time again.
We are playing Hoban.
Since when did they become chopped liver?
Answer = They haven’t.
It’s going to be a battle Thursday night, make no mistakes about it.
Until we actually get it done. We will never be favored regardless of what’s on paper.
Hopefully that all changes this week.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Yes, a big monkey on our back.
I’ve seen this story time and time again.
We are playing Hoban.
Since when did they become chopped liver?
Answer = They haven’t.
It’s going to be a battle Thursday night, make no mistakes about it.
Until we actually get it done. We will never be favored regardless of what’s on paper.
Hopefully that all changes this week.

Go Tigers!!!!!
Go Tigers!!! Make it 25!! #Obie25

You don’t see that much anymore. Miss those Rubber Bowl standing-room-only crowds—you know, where the OHSAA said there were 12,000 tickets sold for a packed 30,000-seat venue.

Thankful for the streams—couldn’t live without them—but this Tiger +1 will be flying in from west of the Rockies for the final. Go Tigers! Beat Hoban!

Definitely miss the Rubber Bowl. Looks about as sad as Geauga Lake does now. SMH.

Yeah the "spirit" is down across the board, but that also depends on the schools that you're dealing with. I don't expect your Tiger faithful to hold anything back this week and Lord knows that if I was in your position, I wouldn't either. Enjoy!

I love how somehow the people chiming in here that Massillon has a high chance of winning is starting to be demonized like the people are doing it on purpose to make Massillon start believing that it's in the bag.

Seems like a high probability... yes of course the 2016 Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Championship. The 96 Bulls did not.
Nonetheless, the scales are tipped toward the Tigers this year.

And you'd all be lying if you didn't consider that this is a big deal. That's a 51 year old monkey that's gotten pretty old and fat. Prior to 1972, Massillon was winning the football state championship on an average of every like 2 years. Should the drought be eradicated, the Party won't look as big if there's a repeat in 2024.

I love how somehow the people chiming in here that Massillon has a high chance of winning is starting to be demonized like the people are doing it on purpose to make Massillon start believing that it's in the bag.

Seems like a high probability... yes of course the 2016 Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Championship. The 96 Bulls did not.

And you'd all be lying if you didn't consider that this is a big deal. That's a 51 year old monkey that's gotten pretty old and fat. Prior to 1972, Massillon was winning the football state championship on an average of every like 2 years. Should the drought be eradicated, the Party won't look as big if there's a repeat in 2024.
All things considered, it does make you wonder what changed in 1972

Hopefully Robinson still gets some action too. Pringle will obviously get the start and most of the PT, but Robinson should spell him at times too. He’s earned it with his efforts to this point. I know he’s on kickoff duty, but I mean some PT at inside backer.

I intend on buying the stream ticket for this game. Best Massillon team (IMO) since I started following high school football in 1976. Should be a good game but I think it's the Tigers season.

On a more somber note, if they win Yappi may go under. Can this site survive without the at least 20+'Paper Tiger' threads that pop up every season?
Mad Men Wink GIF

All of Massillon needs to block out the noise. Players, coaches, and fans. Prepare for this game like we have every other game this season. I don’t care if we are the favorite or not. Hoban has been a juggernaut and they aren’t going to just hand us the title Thursday night. We have to go in there and earn it! Go Tigers

All of Massillon needs to block out the noise. Players, coaches, and fans. Prepare for this game like we have every other game this season. I don’t care if we are the favorite or not. Hoban has been a juggernaut and they aren’t going to just hand us the title Thursday night. We have to go in there and earn it! Go Tigers
I agree, maybe even act as if this is just another game

And you'd all be lying if you didn't consider that this is a big deal. That's a 51 year old monkey that's gotten pretty old and fat. Prior to 1972, Massillon was winning the football state championship on an average of every like 2 years. Should the drought be eradicated, the Party won't look as big if there's a repeat i

Kiss of death right there.
Yep, Nostradumbass has spoken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.