St. Xavier Football 2024

ReLoad

2024 Schedule
8/10 9am Saturday Pickerington Central (Scrimmage)
8/16 7pm Friday Colerain (Scrimmage)
8/23 7pm at Lakota West
8/30 7pm at Centerville
9/6 7pm Cathedral
9/13 7pm Withrow
9/20 7pm Evil Empire
9/27 7pm at Elder
10/4 7pm at Trinity
10/11 7pm at LaSalle
10/19 3pm St. Ignatius
10/25 7pm Life Christian Academy (VA)

Last edited:

2024 Defense
RE #15 Aden Reeder Jr. 6’2” 190lb
NG #94 Ben Boerger Sr. 6’1” 222lb
LE #11 Gordy Sulfsted Sr. 6’5” 235lb offers from Pittsburgh, Iowa, Louisville, Minnesota, Purdue, Duke, Rutgers, Boston College and Cincinnati
OLB (Will) #30 Ben Lehman Sr. 6’0” 190lb
MLB (Sam) #34 Caron Seymour Sr. 5’9” 210lb
OLB (Jet) #3 Daniel Vollmer Jr. 6’2” 205lb
Adj #10 Kobe Clapper Jr. 6’1” 180lb offers from Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati
FS #23 Brayden Reilly Jr. 6’2” 180lb
SS #5 Lucas Bishop Sr. 5’10” 160lb
CB #28 Shane Strayhorn Sr. 5’11” 170lb
CB #19 Zayden Harvey Jr. 5’10” 170lb

Defense
Reeder shows up at spring practice at 6’3” 225lb and is moved to end opposite Gordy.
Vollmer bulks up to 220lb and plays both ways, playing Jet on defense and RB on offense
Clapper at 6'2" 200lb moves to adjuster and wreaks havoc
Reilly at 6'2 195lb moves from corner to free safety
Strayhorn and Harvey anchor the corners

2024 Bomber Kickers
PK Tommy Wall Jr. 6’1” 158lb
P #45 Trent Maxam Sr. 6’1” 155lb

Wall showed a steady leg on JV in 2023 and Maxam comes back strong for his senior year allowing Vollmer to focus on RB/LB

2024 FOOLS
LT #79 Tucker Kattus Sr. 6’5” 290lb offers from Kentucky, Miami OH, Boston College, Michigan, Arkansas, Duke
LG Cam Carter Jr. 6’2” 240lb
C #63 Grant Abercrombie Sr. 6’0” 245lb
RG #68 Charlie Lynch Sr. 5’11” 240lb
RT #60 Grant Hester Jr. 6’3” 250lb

2024 FOOLS
Abercrombie and Lynch got a ton of varsity practice reps
Carter was by far the best OLineman on the JV
With experienced Kattus and Hester this will be a Bomber strength
Note: Coach T program adds up to 15% weight depending on frame
L to R estimate: 300-275-265-258-265

Bomber 2024 WRs
WR1 #26 Cam Taylor Jr. 6’1” 175lb
WR2 #82 Simeon Betts Sr. 6’1” 170lb
WR3 #22 Hayden Shamsi Sr. 6’0” 170lb
WR4 #13 Chase Staderman Sr. 5’9” 155lb
WR5 August Betz Jr. 6’1” 181lb

Last edited:
StX 2024 TEs
Anyone?
When Klare went down in Week 6, Coverdale pretty much eliminated the TE position
The only varsity TE candidates in the program (Sulfsted and Reilly) start on defense

Bomber 2024 QBs by grade
#7 Chase Herbstreit Sr. 6’2” 190lb
#14 Ben Soloria Sr. 6’0” 180lb

#3 Daniel Vollmer Jr. 6’2” 205lb
Brady McDonald Jr. 6’1” 180lb

Thomas George So.
Charlie Johnston So.
Cam Kline So.

Who develops?
What kind of offense does Coverdale run in 2024?

Good to have you back, ReLoad. Many were worried after your long absence, especially the Moe fans. Great info on the 2024 roster outlook.
Bomber basketball outlook ? Or something tells me you don't follow HS BBall much.

Bomber 2024 WRs
WR1 #26 Cam Taylor Jr. 6’1” 175lb
WR2 #82 Simeon Betts Jr. 6’1” 170lb
WR3 #22 Hayden Shamsi Sr. 6’0” 170lb
WR4 #13 Chase Staderman Sr. 5’9” 155lb
WR5 August Betz Jr. 6’1” 181lb
I believe Simeon is a Sr., and and I'm very interested in this position. Will someone emerge that can really help take the top off a D?

Good to have you back, ReLoad. Many were worried after your long absence, especially the Moe fans. Great info on the 2024 roster outlook.
Bomber basketball outlook ? Or something tells me you don't follow HS BBall much.
The forum is for all things StX.......Start a basketball thread! 👍

I believe Simeon is a Sr., and and I'm very interested in this position.
Fixed it thanks.
Will someone emerge that can really help take the top off a D?
Do you think any of the current freshmen (Walker, DiBatista, VonHolle, Tiefenbach) could be ready as sophomores?
2016 was the last season that a sophomore did not crack the varsity starting lineup

Fixed it thanks.

Do you think any of the current freshmen (Walker, DiBatista, VonHolle, Tiefenbach) could be ready as sophomores?
2016 was the last season that a sophomore did not crack the varsity starting lineup
I know they had moved some JV receivers(sophmores) to DB to develop because they weren't sure if they would have the twins or Reeder available to them, and by the time the season started it was to late to switch them back. I would imagine some move back to WR looking to compete for pt as none of the varsity receivers really stood out. I don't know much about the rising sophomore class, so there may be a few that compete. Whoever knows playbook and has good chemistry with qb will more than likely get the nod

2024 FOOLS
Abercrombie and Lynch got a ton of varsity practice reps
Carter was by far the best OLineman on the JV
With experienced Kattus and Hester this will be a Bomber strength
Note: Coach T program adds up to 15% weight depending on frame
L to R estimate: 300-275-265-258-265
Corey Waters was the center for JV and was solid, he may compete for a spot or at least provide some good depth

Will fix it.....any other potential varsity TEs?
TE candidates need to have the athleticism and size to play that role in the offense - who possess' those qualities that haven't played that position thus far?

Looking at your O&D line ups, you listed some predictions for next year back in September that contradict your most recent......pros & cons one versus the other??
Next Season
OLine
: TKattus, Hester, Abercrombie, Lynch, Fessel
DLine: Sulfsted, Boerger, Hertzman, Roberson, Hoerst
QB: Herbie and DVollmer
RB: Britt and McDonald
TE: Reilly and Wassler
WR: Betts, Taylor, Shamsi
LB: Clapper, Seymour, Lehman, Schulte
DB: Bishop, Reeder, Soloria, Horton
CB: Strayhorn, Harvey Bros
P: Maxam​

After watching the last JV game vs St Is, that would be a major stretch.
So we're projecting contributors off 1 game? We've all seen 2 yrs of qb7 yet i believe everyone's concensus is he's the guy next year. I saw majority of their (JV) games the whole season. It's not a stretch to say he'll (Waters) get a chance to compete.

TE candidates need to have the athleticism and size to play that role in the offense - who possess' those qualities that haven't played that position thus far?

Looking at your O&D line ups, you listed some predictions for next year back in September that contradict your most recent......pros & cons one versus the other??

Could Shamsi fill that TE roll? He's a big strong kid

So we're projecting contributors off 1 game? We've all seen 2 yrs of qb7 yet i believe everyone's concensus is he's the guy next year. I saw majority of their (JV) games the whole season. It's not a stretch to say he'll (Waters) get a chance to compete.
Not just one game. The JV qb had to boot/ roll out 99% of the time due to poor blocking. Outside of #79 ( Carter ?? ) the other JV oline guys will need to make huge strides if they want to compete for snaps on varsity next year.

Not just one game. The JV qb had to boot/ roll out 99% of the time due to poor blocking. Outside of #79 ( Carter ?? ) the other JV oline guys will need to make huge strides if they want to compete for snaps on varsity next year.
He was booting and rolling due to the play calls

No, but that was the most recent I watched on ESPX. Also took in the Elder JV game at The Pit live, some other games on ESPX, and few Freshman games last year. The false starts, slow shotgun snaps, and lack of physicality at the center position was glaring. That doesn't translate well to the varsity level, especially at St X.

Could Shamsi fill that TE roll? He's a big strong kid
Looking at the Varsity Roster from this year with guys over 6'0" and not current FOOLS......ironically, all saw the field in some fashion this year in their listed positions:
DL #11 Sulfsted 6'5" 240lb
WR #82 Betts 6'3' 175lb
LB #49 Schulte 6'2" 205lb
DB #23 Reilly 6'2" 180lb
DB #15 Reeder 6'2" 190lb
WR #12 Taylor 6'2" 185lb
LB #10 Clapper 6'2" 195lb
QB #7 Herbstreit 6'2" 190lb
QB #3 Vollmer 6'2" 205lb
WR #22 Shamsi 6'1" 195lb​
Does it make sense to move any of these guys from their '23 position to take the reigns at TE next year?

There are three TE listed on the JV Roster (no height or weight provided). I have very little knowledge of any of them.....
TE #81 Owen Hahn
TE #87 Josh Wassler
TE #89 Max Oligee

No, but that was the most recent I watched on ESPX. Also took in the Elder JV game at The Pit live, some other games on ESPX, and few Freshman games last year. The false starts, slow shotgun snaps, and lack of physicality at the center position was glaring. That doesn't translate well to the varsity level, especially at St X.
So what you're saying is no JV lineman will grow and improve over the course of the year and none of them will compete for any positions next year? Got it. You and LBL act like I said he was the starting center next year, lock it in.