Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

I want to see a replay of this one. That was sketch.
It didn’t impact the play for sure, but I thought that call was correct. It’s a particular point of emphasis, especially in high school. Refs had to call that. The overturned 4th down conversion seemed sketchier. I’m still not sure what the penalty was (either ineligible man downfield or illegal formation, they didn’t really signal).

It didn’t impact the play for sure, but I thought that call was correct. It’s a particular point of emphasis, especially in high school. Refs had to call that. The overturned 4th down conversion seemed sketchier. I’m still not sure what the penalty was (either ineligible man downfield or illegal formation, they didn’t really signal).
It was not announced by the PA. That was a back breaker. You think you've converted a 4th down, you tend to the injury for a few minutes, and then fins out there was actually a penalty.

Princeton just converted a 4th down deep in West territory, which was also overturned on what I think was an ineligible man downfield. Princeton then fumbles the snap the replayed down.
No flag was thrown, first down markers had moved , ball was placed down at the new line of scrimmage. Injured West player they walk him off the field and it’s 4-9 with no explanation from the booth .

Good game west , from my advantage point I didn’t see fumble snap on punt I thought he tried to fake it . Princeton Offensive coaches was slow getting plays in all night lots of confusion. I would like to thank Mason first responders and all press box personnel. I had a medical emergency before half and they was 100% great . I watch the 2nd half from the press box and stayed 30 minutes after the game so traffic could ease up an I didn’t slow anyone down I’m not old or young but that wind last night cut me down and I was literally afraid to walk down the steps . They had someone get my truck after game bring it behind Mason locker room nice and warm and a nice lady drove me home with her husband following. There are still good people in this world we live in.

Good game west , from my advantage point I didn’t see fumble snap on punt I thought he tried to fake it . Princeton Offensive coaches was slow getting plays in all night lots of confusion. I would like to thank Mason first responders and all press box personnel. I had a medical emergency before half and they was 100% great . I watch the 2nd half from the press box and stayed 30 minutes after the game so traffic could ease up an I didn’t slow anyone down I’m not old or young but that wind last night cut me down and I was literally afraid to walk down the steps . They had someone get my truck after game bring it behind Mason locker room nice and warm and a nice lady drove me home with her husband following. There are still good people in this world we live in.
Must have been one of those snooty parents that JBaller spoke of.

Nope! Castners behavior last year was atrocious- Mason also led the GMC boycott of Moeller. Thoroughly enjoy watching them get their comeuppance! Hope we get to play on their field next week and their snooty parents have to make me hot chocolate once again
I think this wins the "comment" of the century post. I can't stop laughing at this. Playing in the GCL back in the 90s I see nothing has changed w the sarcasm 🤣🤣🤣

Reading these posts, it seems like a lot of people would rather say Princeton beat themselves, rather than Lakota West beat them.

LW defense let up ONE play in busted coverage off of poor communication and Princeton scored on their opening drive. The last points they would come across. They were held to 142 yards of total offense, and additionally LW forced 2 critical turnovers AGAIN! I’ve been saying this is the best defense in the state, but maybe it’ll take next week to really prove it.

Officiating was abysmal both ways, roughing the passer on LW, countless missed False Starts on Princeton, missed holdings when LW players were being tackled. It was crummy. Not a valid excuse here.

That “terrible” LW offense ran for 176 yards on the stout Princeton defense that I’ve heard is a better unit than the one LW brings forth.

I digress, it was an amazing game and effort by both teams. Congrats to the Vikings for their GMC championship, their seniors have a lot to be proud of. On to Moe!

West's run defense was outstanding. There was nothing available up the middle.

Here's the punt return penalty. I see the technicality, but still seems like a tough one.

Is there a full game replay online? I'd like to see the whole sequence of the mystery penalty that wiped out a fourth down conversion. I didn't see any flag and the specific penalty was not announced over the PA.

Nope. Springfield's revenge tour is in full force right now and they're peaking right now. Of course, I'm sure Moeller would come in with a chip on their shoulder because of the 2 prior losses. But first things first, Coffman and LW await.
True on upcoming games but Moeller is peaking as well with a different OC that will not abandon what works well. Which was the case last year.

True on upcoming games but Moeller is peaking as well with a different OC that will not abandon what works well. Which was the case last year.
But so is LW who also is peaking now and wants revenge on Moeller for knocking them out of the playoffs last 2 years right? So, LW wants revenge on Moeller who wants revenge on Springfield who wants revenge on St Eds for losses in the past 2 years. Idk what happens when multiple revenge tours clash.

Very odd that a school the size of Mason, struggles to find a solid QB.
Mason has the largest male enrollment in the state. After OHSAA adjustments they are #3 for purposes of determining divisions. No high school coach does LESS with more than Castner. Every few years he’ll have a decent record, but always loses after 1-2 games in the playoffs. If you are a parent or student athlete in Mason and you are passionate about playing at the next level, you are leaving the district to play elsewhere. Coaching is a huge factor at this level and a perfect example is Lakota West where Larry Cox, just like Castner had a huge enrollment, great faculties, good families, all kinds of talent but limped along with .500 records. Enter Bolden and LW is in the regional finals 2-3 years straight and Colerain who owned the GMC under Bolden struggles without him.

West's run defense was outstanding. There was nothing available up the middle.

Here's the punt return penalty. I see the technicality, but still seems like a tough one.

Is there a full game replay online? I'd like to see the whole sequence of the mystery penalty that wiped out a fourth down conversion. I didn't see any flag and the specific penalty was not announced over the PA.
Ref has to call that though. They would call that in college football too. Can’t engage the defender when he can’t see you. Just need to get in his way like setting a pick.

I think Ponatoski has a huge game for Moe. I bet Mason commits to stopping the run and Ponatoski lights it up with Love, Duffy, Mason and Smith. Not sure their defense has played a qb like Ponatoski who can air it out with the speed they have at the WR position. I know Marshall is the guy right now, but Ponatoski is going to be the next big thing from this area….IMO.

Ponatoski is playing lights out right now, and so are Moe's WR's and TE's, and guess what? They are young and most will be back next year.

I’ve been really impressed with Braydon Johnson, kid is going to be stud the next few years.
Definitely. I thought it was going to be Gonzalez’s breakout year, but the emergence of Johnson has really made this offense dynamic in a sense. He has helped bring the RB run-game back to LW.

Mason has the largest male enrollment in the state. After OHSAA adjustments they are #3 for purposes of determining divisions. No high school coach does LESS with more than Castner. Every few years he’ll have a decent record, but always loses after 1-2 games in the playoffs. If you are a parent or student athlete in Mason and you are passionate about playing at the next level, you are leaving the district to play elsewhere. Coaching is a huge factor at this level and a perfect example is Lakota West where Larry Cox, just like Castner had a huge enrollment, great faculties, good families, all kinds of talent but limped along with .500 records. Enter Bolden and LW is in the regional finals 2-3 years straight and Colerain who owned the GMC under Bolden struggles without him.
Just because the enrollment is large, does not mean they can line up and play football. A lot of those kids have two left feet and there strictly for the Mason education and maybe the band. That maybe the problem, they are too affluent. Their reputation attracts too many families that could care less about football.

Reading these posts, it seems like a lot of people would rather say Princeton beat themselves, rather than Lakota West beat them.

LW defense let up ONE play in busted coverage off of poor communication and Princeton scored on their opening drive. The last points they would come across. They were held to 142 yards of total offense, and additionally LW forced 2 critical turnovers AGAIN! I’ve been saying this is the best defense in the state, but maybe it’ll take next week to really prove it.

Officiating was abysmal both ways, roughing the passer on LW, countless missed False Starts on Princeton, missed holdings when LW players were being tackled. It was crummy. Not a valid excuse here.

That “terrible” LW offense ran for 176 yards on the stout Princeton defense that I’ve heard is a better unit than the one LW brings forth.

I digress, it was an amazing game and effort by both teams. Congrats to the Vikings for their GMC championship, their seniors have a lot to be proud of. On to Moe!
Congrats to West. Physical game by both teams. Won a playoff game where an offensive point/drive was not scored, rather points on turnovers. Some very questionable calls towards both teams, especially the punt return for a touchdown and NO time out call/ blocked punt in the end zone when West Coach was on the field calling time out BEFORE the snap. Overall a great game and both teams will see each other next season. Go represent the GMC next week and finish out your season on top.

Moeller is about to be GMC champs 3 years in a row next week. If you always do what you do, you’ll always get what you got. West offense can’t score enough and Bolden can’t get out of R4. Moe 27-13 next week

Moeller is about to be GMC champs 3 years in a row next week. If you always do what you do, you’ll always get what you got. West offense can’t score enough and Bolden can’t get out of R4. Moe 27-13 next week
Marshall graduates and Moeller back to reality in a few weeks. Maybe they can keep a head coach past a few years?

I always find it funny that Moeller fans dogs on the GMC like it’s an even playing field. One conference provides financial aid and can pull from a large geographic area. The other does not.