Week 12: The Evil Empire (Part Deux)

BIGPUN02X

I have no in inspiring analysis to offer. I'm only creating this thread because ReLoad is still loading.

Here's what I do know:
  • Gerry Faust cheated
  • Bob Crable destroyed Moeller football and financed his waterbed
  • A high school without a football stadium isn't a real high school
  • Big Pun will be in RDI Stadium on Friday
  • X by infinity
  • No one from Moeller has ever amounted to anything successful in life
Has anyone seen MoeDude?

Please post your thoughtful analysis and disparaging remarks below.

Applaud the efforts here Big Pun but there are some glaring missteps that no doubt garnish some criticism from ReLoad. I would expect you'll be hearing from him once he is done watching film from that past 20 years in preparation for Friday's game.

You started strong with the shameless insults hurled toward the EE - A+ on the creativity. (By the way, were you even born when Faust was cheating?!?) You fizzled out a bit after insult #3 only to rebound on your last insult. ReLoad would have let it stand at that moved on to additional in game analysis and predictions for Friday's match up. Things get really sideways when you have birddog jumping in the fray with only an emoji as a reaction. ReLoad most certainly would have elicited the typical birddog dribble followed by the signature "gbm".
It was a good start. A lot to be learned from these older guys throwing down in here - they've been at it longer than most of us.

*In my best ReLoad voice*

Since the Ohio playoff system started in 1972, St. X has played Moeller eight times in the post-season, and X has gone 3-5:

-1981: lost 7-18
-1997: lost 20-23
-1999: won 49-32
-2004: lost 7-10
-2011: won 35-21
-2013: lost 17-42
-2020: won 45-14
-2022: lost 7-28

*In my best ReLoad voice*

Since the Ohio playoff system started in 1972, St. X has played Moeller eight times in the post-season, and X has gone 3-5:

-1981: lost 7-18
-1997: lost 20-23
-1999: won 49-32
-2004: lost 7-10
-2011: won 35-21
-2013: lost 17-42
-2020: won 45-14
-2022: lost 7-28
It's a stat that doesn't favor X
I would have never posted it

Applaud the efforts here Big Pun but there are some glaring missteps that no doubt garnish some criticism from ReLoad. I would expect you'll be hearing from him once he is done watching film from that past 20 years in preparation for Friday's game.
Probably be locked in my mom's basement with the film projector until Friday morning
You started strong with the shameless insults hurled toward the EE - A+ on the creativity. (By the way, were you even born when Faust was cheating?!?) You fizzled out a bit after insult #3 only to rebound on your last insult. ReLoad would have let it stand at that moved on to additional in game analysis and predictions for Friday's match up. Things get really sideways when you have birddog jumping in the fray with only an emoji as a reaction. ReLoad most certainly would have elicited the typical birddog dribble followed by the signature "gbm".
It was a good start. A lot to be learned from these older guys throwing down in here - they've been at it longer than most of us.
Pun has been on this site for a couple decades.
We're always grateful when he returns since it always leads to another Bomber victory
His battles with the Colerain posters of yesteryear were epic...20 pages of thugs in orange prison jump suits and dead Cardinal birds
RIP LittleCardsDad, tofer, gocards, et al

With the pending invasion of team demonic into RDI stadium this will be a spiritual battle as much as a physical one.
Add these items to your game gear checklist: crucifix, holy water, pocket Bible and rosary beads.
Bomb Squad: bring out the We Got Jesus chant

The Battle of Good vs Evil Part Deux (what a difference 7 weeks make)
For starters the game will be played at RDI and not 60 miles north on I-75 at the wind tunnel UnWelcome Stadium
JM who accounted for 77% of Team Evil’s offense (167 of 216 yards) in Week 5 is said to be not playing and the QB who was 6 for 21 for 62 yards and 1 INT currently leads the league in passing
Herbie threw 46 passes in the 5 turnover night and since then has averaged 12 passes per game and the 2 sophomore RBs had only 13 carries and since have averaged 35 carries per game

Appreciate you going to the tape.

I just want to take a minute to thank God, my teammates, and say that we're out here getting better every week.

Probably be locked in my mom's basement with the film projector until Friday morning

Pun has been on this site for a couple decades.
We're always grateful when he returns since it always leads to another Bomber victory
His battles with the Colerain posters of yesteryear were epic...20 pages of thugs in orange prison jump suits and dead Cardinal birds
RIP LittleCardsDad, tofer, gocards, et al
Oh my God, I forgot about LCD. Good call.

Bring on Phylo and FinalWord while we're at it.

OG Cincinnati.com.

Attachments

• DlZKPiAXcAApQw1.jpg
    DlZKPiAXcAApQw1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 43
Coaching advantage: St. X

Did you know in the 19 years since Specht assuming the role of Bombers head coach Moeller has plowed through 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, count 'em 6 different head coaches. Meanwhile, X has amassed 17% more dubs, 200% more state championships, and infinity more respect across the tri-state area.

I mean seriously, who is Todd Naumann?!?

Friends -

Friday will mark the 23rd anniversary of Steve Klonne lighting his coaching career on fire and leaving the charred wreckage of the entire Crusader football program behind in dumpster fire formerly known as Galbreath Field.

Please pay your respects to the Moeller faithful on Friday, and keep your fingers crossed that (*checks notes*) Bert Bethany (sp?) doesn't fall victim to the same fate.

#iykyk

Pun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031-205639.png
    Screenshot_20231031-205639.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 69
With the pending invasion of team demonic into RDI stadium this will be a spiritual battle as much as a physical one.
Add these items to your game gear checklist: crucifix, holy water, pocket Bible and rosary beads.
Bomb Squad: bring out the We Got Jesus chant

The Moeller dads are pretty ornery these days. They will be an angry bunch leaving RDI Friday night. Come prepared.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

Ephesians 6 12

Since St. Xavier is a Saint, he outranks an Archbishop (Moeller). Given that, is Friday's game a foregone conclusion and victory for the Bombers? This theological question needs answers. (ReLoad, contact Pope Francis, S.J., as a backup plan).

St X QB situation has now cost two senior classes and set the program back. The inability to complete routine passes and stretch the field in the passing game is absurd. Most have seen a large enough sample size of the limited playbook and predictable play calling because of the limitations at QB. Time to move on St X and do what's best for the program/team.

So, on the very first series of the game, X gets a first down inside Moeller's 30-yard line (having driven from X's own ~20-yard line, almost entirely on running plays); on first down, X runs for ~8-9 yards, down to the Moeller ~21-yard line...

So, now facing 2nd and 1 or 2, having run the ball down the field most of this possession, what does X's Offensive Coordinator Coverdale do/call? The same thing he ALWAYS does, when he gets a 2nd and Short yardage situation, in the opponents' half of the field (whether on the 49-yard line or the 9-yard line)-- he calls a long pass play, to try to go for the touchdown immediately...

This wasn't an awful strategy, when Coverdale had the 2020/2021 QB, hitting receivers on the numbers (or at least their hands) regularly... THAT is not what he has now...

So, what happens? X throws the ball long downfield from the Moeller 22-yard line to (surprise, surprise) no avail; OK, went for broke, didn't work, now it's still 3rd and 1 or maybe 2-- so, line up under center, and use the QB sneak (as X had ALREADY done in that drive, near midfield, on 4th and 1), and make sure you get the first down at the 20-yard line (which is already within X's kicker's FG range)-- but NO, Coverdale lines up the QB in the shotgun, with the RB next to him, hands it off 7-8 yards deep-- and Moeller tackles the RB for probably a ~7-yard loss (back to almost the Moeller 30-yard line); now it's 4th and long at the Moeller 30-yard line-- this would now be a ~47-yard FG, which is about the limit of X's kicker's range (and with a slight cross-wind, it would really challenge his limited accuracy)-- so, instead, X goes for it (throws it) on 4th and long, with predictable results...

I turned to the guy next to me, and said "This team does NOT score enough to be frivolously throwing away ~60-yard drives that put them in a near-certain position to put points on the scoreboard-- I'll bet this is going to come back to haunt them."

The Ghost of Coverdale's Folly certainly looms over last night's 10-7 final score.

This is NOT a great X team-- it's pretty decent in a few areas, but it still needs a lot to even be called very good-- but what makes last night's loss more annoying is that there really AREN'T any great teams in Southwest Ohio-- and really, there isn't but one really decent team in the whole state (Ed)-- if you look at last night's playoff results across the state, it's evident that this X team, with only minor improvements, had a pathway to get all the way to the state final (where it almost assuredly would have lost to Ed-- but still, that would have made for a memorable season-- with last night's loss, it's hardly been one of those seasons that people will remember long afterwards)...

X would have been heavily favored over Mason next week (which I don't think has ever beaten X)-- as will Moeller; then, X would have been facing the winner of a Princeton-Lakota matchup-- with X having already pretty soundly outplayed Lakota this year-- if Lakota (now on a 10-game winning streak) should win that game, it's hard to believe that X would not have been favored to beat Lakota-- and then, looking upstate there is nobody in either Region 2 or Region 3 that looks particularly imposing-- just an above-average (compared with the last ~20 years) X team would likely have been able to find its way past (probably) a much lesser Springfield squad to the state title game this year:

Division I
Region 1 - Complete

#1 Lakewood St. Edward def. #8 Canton GlenOak, 35-0
#4 Canton McKinley def. #12 Cleveland St. Ignatius, 28-24
#2 Cleveland Heights def. #7 Berea-Midpark 35-0
#6 Medina def. #3 Wadsworth, 22-19

Region 2 - Complete
#1 Lewis Center Olentangy def. #9 Miamisburg, 38-21
#12 Springfield def. #4 Centerville, 17-10
#2 Delaware Olentangy Berlin def. #10 Perrysburg, 23-7
#6 Dublin Coffman def. #14 Powell Olentangy Liberty, 17-14

Region 3 - Complete
#1 Gahanna Lincoln def. #9 Grove City, 48-42
#4 Upper Arlington def. #5 Pickerington Central, 23-17
#2 Hilliard Bradley def. #7 Westerville North, 27-22
#3 Pickerington North def. #6 Hilliard Darby, 35-16

Region 4 - Complete
#9 Mason def. #1 Milford, 10-9
#5 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller def. #4 Cincinnati St. Xavier, 10-7
#2 Cincinnati Princeton def. #7 Hamilton, 31-14
#3 West Chester Lakota West def. #6 Cincinnati Elder, 24-14

observations:
* it appears that you are not allowed to criticize the OC and that attempts at dialogue are not entertained
* the buck always stops with the HC. secret texts and not taking control of QB/offense situation
* no one will give a real answer on who is going to be the QB

Herbie has the weakest arm I've ever seen from a St.X QB. Throws from his hip. No zip or drive on his ball. Even loops screen passes out to the receivers. Some of his deep balls had more hang time than St. X's punts. If his last name was Smith instead of Herbstriet he would be a 3rd string JV QB.

observations:
* it appears that you are not allowed to criticize the OC and that attempts at dialogue are not entertained
* the buck always stops with the HC. secret texts and not taking control of QB/offense situation
* no one will give a real answer on who is going to be the QB
These are crazy!

you can criticize all you want on this site and whoever is willing to listen to you. It just doesn’t matter!! No coach anywhere, or at any level, will allow dialog with parents and or fans.

the buck always stops with the head coach.

What answer are you looking for? back to the buck stops with the head coach. Because of that he doesn’t have to give an answer to anyone.

even as much time as people seem to spend on this site complaining and giving useless opinions, they don’t even come close to the time the coaches spend on these kids. If you honestly believe the coaches are making decisions based on friendship or influence, money or otherwise, you are being swayed as a friend or family member of someone you believe is being unfairly treated.

So, on the very first series of the game, X gets a first down inside Moeller's 30-yard line (having driven from X's own ~20-yard line, almost entirely on running plays); on first down, X runs for ~8-9 yards, down to the Moeller ~21-yard line...

So, now facing 2nd and 1 or 2, having run the ball down the field most of this possession, what does X's Offensive Coordinator Coverdale do/call? The same thing he ALWAYS does, when he gets a 2nd and Short yardage situation, in the opponents' half of the field (whether on the 49-yard line or the 9-yard line)-- he calls a long pass play, to try to go for the touchdown immediately...

This wasn't an awful strategy, when Coverdale had the 2020/2021 QB, hitting receivers on the numbers (or at least their hands) regularly... THAT is not what he has now...

So, what happens? X throws the ball long downfield from the Moeller 22-yard line to (surprise, surprise) no avail; OK, went for broke, didn't work, now it's still 3rd and 1 or maybe 2-- so, line up under center, and use the QB sneak (as X had ALREADY done in that drive, near midfield, on 4th and 1), and make sure you get the first down at the 20-yard line (which is already within X's kicker's FG range)-- but NO, Coverdale lines up the QB in the shotgun, with the RB next to him, hands it off 7-8 yards deep-- and Moeller tackles the RB for probably a ~7-yard loss (back to almost the Moeller 30-yard line); now it's 4th and long at the Moeller 30-yard line-- this would now be a ~47-yard FG, which is about the limit of X's kicker's range (and with a slight cross-wind, it would really challenge his limited accuracy)-- so, instead, X goes for it (throws it) on 4th and long, with predictable results...

I turned to the guy next to me, and said "This team does NOT score enough to be frivolously throwing away ~60-yard drives that put them in a near-certain position to put points on the scoreboard-- I'll bet this is going to come back to haunt them."

The Ghost of Coverdale's Folly certainly looms over last night's 10-7 final score.
That 3rd and 2 from around Moe's 20-25 yard line was an empty set on 1st series of the game for St X. It was a Jet to #3 to the short side of the field where St X was outnumbered. St. X had WR #12, who is sophomore, try blocking Moe's DE who is going to Virginia. #7 in shotgun, #3 goes in motion, and jump the jet. Why? It's predictable because there are no designed run plays for #7, #3 only runs, and no running back in backfield.

Now your 4th and 7 and #7 misses a wide open WR on a 10 yard out route by a mile. Nobody surprised after watching St. X the past two seasons. St. X comes up empty and turnover on downs. Lost by 3 and St X needs every point they can get with #7 at QB.

St X do what's best for program/team.

These are crazy!

you can criticize all you want on this site and whoever is willing to listen to you. It just doesn’t matter!! No coach anywhere, or at any level, will allow dialog with parents and or fans.

the buck always stops with the head coach.

What answer are you looking for? back to the buck stops with the head coach. Because of that he doesn’t have to give an answer to anyone.

even as much time as people seem to spend on this site complaining and giving useless opinions, they don’t even come close to the time the coaches spend on these kids. If you honestly believe the coaches are making decisions based on friendship or influence, money or otherwise, you are being swayed as a friend or family member of someone you believe is being unfairly treated.
Alot of time and effort is put in by coaches, players, and parents at a school like St X, which I believe magnifies the QB situation.

Why #7 continues to be at QB is just speculation, but you can't overlook the truth. The lack of success and production on the field with #7 at QB is a problem over the last two years. I've watched three decades of St X football, and I can't remember another QB given so much leeway.

St X do what's best for program/team.