Longest Trip for a first round game?

In Region 1, Euclid goes straight to Hell against St Edward. Unknown distance but one would think (hope!!!) it's very far.

EDIT: A late look at Joe Eitel shows it will be Cleveland Heights.** But it will still be the same very hot place. Elyria took our anticipated 16 slot, despite probably having the better win, and losing 9 against a stronger schedule and they get to face St Edward instead of us.

** Ironically, this will actually be a very short trip. As the crow flies it's really 6.4 miles. Driving is 9 miles, but the trip is rated at 15 minutes. Bet it really takes longer in suburban traffic with stoplights. (My girlfriend back in the day lived in CH, it was 9 miles to her house. And the only time I ever got to her house in under 15 min from Euclid was a night I was super pissed at her. Got there in 9 min on no road with a speed limit higher than 35 MPH. LOL!! She was amazed lol! The HS was farther away still & I lived very close to EHS.) But that's OK. I'm sure we are in no hurry lol.

Last edited:
The farthest distances I can readily find between two points in Ohio are as follows:

As the crow flies:

292 miles Cleves OH to Conneaut OH (328 driving)

Driving distance:

362 miles Conneaut OH to Chesapeake OH (But only 264 as the crow flies!)

Last edited:
Bryan travelling to Millersburg West Holmes can't be a treat. No way to get
Bryan travelling to Millersburg West Holmes can't be a treat. No way to get there!!
I have essentially driven this route. I was visiting Toledo and drove to Berlin Hiland for the Classic in the Country GBB tournament. Fortunately, I had time and enjoyed the country roads on a good weather day. You're right, no direct shot, but for a "leisurely" drive, it was fun.
On the flip side, I certainly wouldn't want to make the return trip late at night.

Bryan travelling to Millersburg West Holmes can't be a treat. No way to get there!!
d990b6ab082d5cb639ccd674f9e64223.jpg

In region 23, Rock Hill to Garaway. 214 miles. 3 hours 34 minutes, partially through West Virginia.
Rock Hill (Ironton) to Garaway (Sugarcreek)

I've got 147 miles as the crow flies. I have an astonishing 248 miles driving! Trip projected to take 3 hours and 47 minutes. This is from distances between cities.com.

On MapQuest: 2 routes show. Route # 1 goes through West Virginia and is 222 miles and projected at 3 hours and 34 minutes.

Route # 2 is 212 miles and is all in Ohio. Projected at 3 hours and 35 minutes.

Sounds like we could have a good race as the drive times are almost identical.

Maybe a stupid question, but how does everyone know matchups? I have seen no rankings (comp pts) or brackets. Checked ohsaa website and nothing

Worthington Christian is 2:17 from Ironton, but that’s before you account for WC being on the north end of Columbus that has to work through the southern edge of the metro on a Friday afternoon.

Maybe a stupid question, but how does everyone know matchups? I have seen no rankings (comp pts) or brackets. Checked ohsaa website and nothing
Many of the seedings are already known, but some teams play today which could affect the seedings of a handful of teams in each region. Nothing will be officially published by the OHSAA until everything is final for all teams.

If you look at joeeitel.com, it has the current points updated through last night. Some games today will impact seeding (and whether a few teams are in or out), but most are already statistically locked in to their final position. The eleventh column on every regional page (possible seeding ranges) gives the seeding information.