IVC 2023

Which IVC Team will be the first to win a state title?

• Garaway

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Ridgewood

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Indian Valley

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Claymont

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sandy Valley

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Tusky Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malvern

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • East Canton

• Buckeye Trail

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • TCC

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Strasburg

• Newcomerstown

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Nobody - It will never happen

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Preview of Tonight's Big Time Sports TV LIVE Stream Garaway vs Indian Valley. Remember you can watch tonight world wide at 7pm at bigtimesportsohio.com

5FDP, I think there would have been a big difference if the transfers stayed at Tusky Valley. TV would have Brady Geibel, Wallick boys and Jenson Garber. You could argue that those players are all some of the top players in the entire league.
Don't forget the SV WR. Those are 4 all league players. Garaway would be significantly weaker. SV would be weaker.
TV would be way better.

Go Pirates.

Beat the brown out of the Gnadenhutters.

14-0 Pirates just into 2nd qtr.

21-7 Pirates at half. IV had a nice scoring drive toward the end of the 2nd qtr but Keller returned the ensuing kick off to the IV 2 yard line and the Pirates punched it in from there.

21-14 @ 0:45 in 3rd. Garaway had a bad punt snap that gave the Braves the ball at the Garaway 25 and they capitalized. Good game. IV seems to have the momentum. Playing good defense and the Pirate offense has been clunky this half.

Pirate's Sundlin with a 63 yard run. 28-14. That should do it. 3:51 left in 4th.

Pirates add a late TD pass on 4th and 15. Score not indicative of how competitive the game was for 3 qtrs.

35-14 final

Last edited:
The more things change the more they stay the same in the IVC South.

1. Garaway, led by transfers, is still the king of the mountain. Can this team make a playoff run?
2. Ridgewood and IV are battling for 2nd place.
3. SV has great skill talent but is still Charmin soft on the lines.
4. TV is still searching to get out of the basement. That might have been the most shocking outcome last night.

In the North.

1. Obviously a 2-team race. I still think we can knock off Malvern next week but I'm not sure either team can do much in the playoffs.
2. So happy for Strasburg. 2 wins now and they will also beat TCC. If they could beat BT they could finish in 3rd in the North. Crazy.
3. East Canton and TCC will battle to stay out the basement next week.

Also a couple missed PI calls on both teams and a turnover that Wood would have gotten if not for an inadvertent whistle. None would have changed the outcome of the game. Woods D was able to get a few stops when they needed it and SV defense couldn’t.

Same drive as the inadvertent whistle that negated a SV turnover. Refs didn’t decide the game. Wood made plays when needed and SV didn’t.

The more things change the more they stay the same in the IVC South.

1. Garaway, led by transfers, is still the king of the mountain. Can this team make a playoff run?
2. Ridgewood and IV are battling for 2nd place.
3. SV has great skill talent but is still Charmin soft on the lines.
4. TV is still searching to get out of the basement. That might have been the most shocking outcome last night.

In the North.

1. Obviously a 2-team race. I still think we can knock off Malvern next week but I'm not sure either team can do much in the playoffs.
2. So happy for Strasburg. 2 wins now and they will also beat TCC. If they could beat BT they could finish in 3rd in the North. Crazy.
3. East Canton and TCC will battle to stay out the basement next week.
Trail will handle both East Canton and Strasburg easily...

Newcomerstown will be a coin flip in my opinion.

Congrats on finishing 3rd in the ivc and choking in the playoffs with your “powerhouse program” you hillbillies are funny down there.

Congrats on finishing 3rd in the ivc and choking in the playoffs with your “powerhouse program” you hillbillies are funny down there.
Were you wearing your back to back IVC North champions t-shirt when typing this?

What's the all time record of Ridgewood vs. Sandy Valley? I'm sure someone can tell me.

Not sure of all time record but since SV joined the league in 2001 it would be 1-19. One win was by 1 point in 2013. Didn’t play between 17-19 when SV demanded to be in the North. But I’m sure most of those loses were because of bad officiating.

Last edited:
Were you wearing your back to back IVC North champions t-shirt when typing this?

What's the all time record of Ridgewood vs. Sandy Valley? I'm sure someone can tell me.
Head to Head
Ridgewood 21 SV 1
Regional Titles
Ridgewood 1 SV 0
State Titles
Ridgewood 0 SV 0 So both Programs need some Improvement.
Officiating was Terrible Not saying it decided the game but it was terrible. Only guy that was good and fair was the black guy.

Head to Head
Ridgewood 21 SV 1
Regional Titles
Ridgewood 1 SV 0
State Titles
Officiating was Terrible Not saying it decided the game but it was terrible. Only guy that was good and fair was the black guy.
Incredible that two schools essentially the same size and the record is 21-1.

Does the IVC have any other matchup records posted anywhere

Head to Head
Ridgewood 21 SV 1
Regional Titles
Ridgewood 1 SV 0
State Titles
Not that it matters much, but SV beat Wood back in '78... Wood came in with a lengthy regular season winning streak that ended that night....

Caught most of the IV/Way game...

Pirates look good. IV looked flat, if not overrated. Procedurally, the Pirates need to work on getting enough O-linemen to the LOS. A better officiating crew will have them walking backwards. There are a few things that do NOT look good for Garaway. In the light I’m casting, I‘m not posting names/numbers, the Pirates should consider backing off the theatrics. The excessive celebration, the jawing, the full on meltdowns towards the officials. (Even while leading wire to wire) I understand it’s a big conference game. Have seen this w/ Ridgewood in previous years. It’s not new in the IVC. I think it’s a byproduct of playing weaker schedules. You’re not going to stunt on the real head breakers.

Then again, if it’s not getting flagged, then Wallick has no cultural issues to improve on, I’m sure.

Caught most of the IV/Way game...

Pirates look good. IV looked flat, if not overrated. Procedurally, the Pirates need to work on getting enough O-linemen to the LOS. A better officiating crew will have them walking backwards. There are a few things that do NOT look good for Garaway. In the light I’m casting, I‘m not posting names/numbers, the Pirates should consider backing off the theatrics. The excessive celebration, the jawing, the full on meltdowns towards the officials. (Even while leading wire to wire) I understand it’s a big conference game. Have seen this w/ Ridgewood in previous years. It’s not new in the IVC. I think it’s a byproduct of playing weaker schedules. You’re not going to stunt on the real head breakers.

Then again, if it’s not getting flagged, then Wallick has no cultural issues to improve on, I’m sure.
The theatrics, really last time checked it was ok to celebrate see nothing wrong with it. You have jawing every game. Full meltdowns what game was you watching. Their everyone goes on Garaway's supposedly weak schedule. Thank you

Thoughts on Malvern at Newcomerstown on Friday night? Obviously the IVC North title on the line and heavy playoff points at stake. My prediction

Malvern 35
Newcomerstown 21

too much offensive weapons for the Hornets. They get a few more defensive stops than the Trojans

I don’t see the Trojans capable of stopping the Hornets at all unless their defense has improved dramatically since I saw them a few weeks ago against Martins Ferry. 21+ point win for Vern would not surprise me in this game at all.

Problem with the transfers is what does that teach their kids about loyalty. Loyalty to their home school, community and friends they grew up with is out the window. The cycle will probably continue with their own kids. How is a program supposed to rebuild if kids keep leaving? Maybe I am just old, but you just do not see as much pride and loyalty to where you grew up.

Can someone post the state championship titles for each school in football for the inter valley hillbilly conference?