2023 Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 6)

I wouldn’t put them in the top ten right now, but don’t sleep on Norwalk St Paul. They opened up with a tough early slate and lost three right away, but likely won’t lose again in the regular season. If they get seeded lower than usual they will be a tough early round playoff game for someone.

I wouldn’t put them in the top ten right now, but don’t sleep on Norwalk St Paul. They opened up with a tough early slate and lost three right away, but likely won’t lose again in the regular season. If they get seeded lower than usual they will be a tough early round playoff game for someone.
They’ve got to go to Fort Loramie and Monroeville is much, much improved.

little scouting report on NSP?

1. Marion Local
2. Dalton
3. Patrick Henry
4. McComb
5. Hopewell-Loudon
6. Pandora-Gilboa
7. Springfield
8. Minster
9. Leipsic
10. Antwerp
11. New Bremen
12. LCC
13. Danville
14. Crestview
15. Lucas

1. Marion Local - MAC Championship is theirs to lose now

2. Dalton - Won't get tested this week

3. Ansonia - Should be able to handle the rest of their schedule

4. Patrick Henry - Liberty Center week

5. Minster - Minster drops because their QB is injured. Upset Alert vs Parkway?

6. Antwerp - Shouldn't struggle much with Wayne Trace

7. Leipsic - Grove should be a nice test

8. Pandora - Gilboa - Both losses are a combined 12-0

9. Danville - Wont be tested this week

10. New Bremen - Should beat St Henry this week pretty comfortably

HM:
McComb - 4-12 are pretty close and Kris Alge is a great coach. Still puzzled by their loss to PG

Hopewell Loudon - Beat a good Carey team but not impressed with the rest of their schedule to date

Riverside - Only loss is Ansonia

NM Springfield - Schedule starts to pick up from here

1. Marion Local
2. Dalton
3. Patrick Henry
4. Hopewell-Loudon
5. Minster
6. Pandora-Giboa
7. Ansonia
8. Leipsic
9. Antwerp
10. Springfield Local

Lot of people here still overlooking Ansonia. Not sure what they have to do to impress you guys.
I didn't rank them due to their very poor strength of schedule, and the fact the only decent team they played, they barely managed to win. Ansonia would be 16th on my list. If they had Marion Local on their regular season schedule and they defeated them, I would rank Ansonia 1st.

This is a poor sandbagging attempt on Marion by a poster. If you're going to do it put them at 3 or 4. Having a 1 point win over the #1 team in DVI doesn't drop them from 1 to 8. C'mon man

So
1 ML
2 Dalton
3 Ansonia
Like State Champion2012 put out there.

It is not funny putting ML at #8.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

😂😂😂Omg bro it's his shtick I think its hilarious

1. Marion Local - MAC Championship is theirs to lose now

2. Dalton - Won't get tested this week

3. Ansonia - Should be able to handle the rest of their schedule

4. Patrick Henry - Liberty Center week

5. Minster - Minster drops because their QB is injured. Upset Alert vs Parkway?

6. Antwerp - Shouldn't struggle much with Wayne Trace

7. Leipsic - Grove should be a nice test

8. Pandora - Gilboa - Both losses are a combined 12-0

9. Danville - Wont be tested this week

10. New Bremen - Should beat St Henry this week pretty comfortably

HM:
McComb - 4-12 are pretty close and Kris Alge is a great coach. Still puzzled by their loss to PG

Hopewell Loudon - Beat a good Carey team but not impressed with the rest of their schedule to date

Riverside - Only loss is Ansonia

NM Springfield - Schedule starts to pick up from here
Isn't Parkways QB hurt as well.

I didn't rank them due to their very poor strength of schedule, and the fact the only decent team they played, they barely managed to win. Ansonia would be 16th on my list. If they had Marion Local on their regular season schedule and they defeated them, I would rank Ansonia 1st.
I’m sure the Tigers love the doubters, they have a better more athletic team than last year which lost to the D7 State champs by 4.

I’m sure the Tigers love the doubters, they have a better more athletic team than last year which lost to the D7 State champs by 4.
I think that is part of Ansonia’s problem, the perception of them is they have a weak schedule and their supporters point to their best win as a loss last year! They had a really nice team last year and seem to have picked up where they left off, but they are going to need to prove it in the playoffs. Stop worrying about the doubters and enjoy your team, nothing more fun then making a run at 10-0 and then a deep run in the postseason, don’t let others negatively ruin the fun.

I think that is part of Ansonia’s problem, the perception of them is they have a weak schedule and their supporters point to their best win as a loss last year! They had a really nice team last year and seem to have picked up where they left off, but they are going to need to prove it in the playoffs. Stop worrying about the doubters and enjoy your team, nothing more fun then making a run at 10-0 and then a deep run in the postseason, don’t let others negatively ruin the fun.
It is not the perception is their schedule is weak, the fact of the matter is that their regular season schedule actually is weak and the only decent team they play in the regular season they struggled to beat.

It is not the perception is their schedule is weak, the fact of the matter is that their regular season schedule actually is weak and the only decent team they play in the regular season they struggled to beat.
For many years until lately the same could have been said about Kirtland. They were locked into a league that didn’t give them tough games, though obviously they’ve beefed things up since then.

For many years until lately the same could have been said about Kirtland. They were locked into a league that didn’t give them tough games, though obviously they’ve beefed things up since then.
Kirtland plays and formerly played a better OOC schedule than Ansonia ever did in the past 10-15 years.

Would you consider Computer Points an indication of strength of schedule? Ansonia does have the 3rd highest total in VII. They've had 2 nice wins over Tri-Village and Riverside.

Would you consider Computer Points an indication of strength of schedule? Ansonia does have the 3rd highest total in VII. They've had 2 nice wins over Tri-Village and Riverside.
No L2 points are not a good indicator of strength of schedule. The only decent win they have is Tri-Village, everyone else they played was not very good, and for them to be ranked higher by me they would have to beat them more comfortably.