Week 5 Mentor (2-2) @ Cleveland Heights (3-1)

Will the Cedar Lee parking garage be open?
IMG_2713.jpeg

Will the Cedar Lee parking garage be open?
View attachment 46449
This is a old picture that parking garage is next to construction,that they are doing on Lee Rd. What I can do,I live across the street from the school and I can walk down Lee Rd around to the garage and make sure it’s open on Friday, I can do that in the morning. I know for sure that there is no access across Cedar to the football field. Or I can e- mail the Athletic Director, Joe D’Amato, and see what he says is the best place to park.

This is a old picture that parking garage is next to construction,that they are doing on Lee Rd. What I can do,I live across the street from the school and I can walk down Lee Rd around to the garage and make sure it’s open on Friday, I can do that in the morning. I know for sure that there is no access across Cedar to the football field. Or I can e- mail the Athletic Director, Joe D’Amato, and see what he says is the best place to park.
Got confirmation from employee from security, yes the garage will be open for the game.Only thing you cannot walk across cedar to the game due to
Construction. You have to walk around.

Got confirmation from employee from security, yes the garage will be open for the game.Only thing you cannot walk across cedar to the game due to
If you could email the AD and get his suggestions, that would be appreciated

Ok thanks. If you think there is a better option to park, please let me know. I imagine the school parking lot will get filled up pretty fast. It doesn't look like there are many spots.

Ok thanks. If you think there is a better option to park, please let me know. I imagine the school parking lot will get filled up pretty fast. It doesn't look like there are many spots.
It really has not ever been a whole lot of
Spots actually, before
Heights had the major renovation back in 2015 the total square footage was 45,000,two years later after renovation was over the school had major improvements, state-of-the-art computers, air conditioning, HVAC, but the square footage total 36,000 everything Shrank including ithe parking lots and student enrollments. Most parents did not want to enroll their children or kids in the Cleveland Heights University Heights school district, because of the reputation of crime and fights right now Heights is lucky to have an enrollment of just 1600 students and that is the top capacity of the gymnasium so parking is a prime thing right now, and now that they have construction also just make matters worse.

E-mail is sent, I’ll relay his reply.
From Cleveland Heights AD Joe D Amato quote :

Grover - this info was sent to their athletic department...not sure yappi should be the source of information for high school events.

With the said see map attached.
1. Lot parking on campus
2. Surface parking a block from stadium
3. Parking garage across the street
4. Street parking

Arrive Early!

Joe D'Amato, CMAA
Athletic Director
Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District
216-320-3015 | CHUH.org | @CHUHSchools HeightsTigers.com | @GoHeightsTigers

Grover - this info was sent to their athletic department...not sure yappi should be the source of information for high school events.

1. Lot parking on campus
4. Street parking

Arrive Early!

Joe D'Amato, CMAA
Athletic Director
Go to Heightstigers.com

1. Lot parking on campus
4. Street parking

Arrive Early!

Joe D'Amato, CMAA
Athletic Director
My repounce:

I understand Joe that Yappi should not be the source but most of these fans been Mentor football and Basket ball fans for over 20yrs they are not kids so I don’t know
If they knew that Mentor’s
AD had the same info.

Thanks Joe

My repounce:

I understand Joe that Yappi should not be the source but most of these fans been Mentor football and Basket ball fans for over 20yrs they are not kids so I don’t know
If they knew that Mentor’s
AD had the same info.

Thanks Joe
Yeah that strikes me as weird to ask people to reach out to the AD on that. Unless he released it publicly to everyone I guess. But I don't have a kid on the team

If Fox is not able to go, I wonder if Pearce is the backup or if Mentor would go in a different direction given the circumstances. The only thing I can relate to this situation is in 2021 when Snow got hurt during the St Eds game. For the rest of that game, they put an upperclassmen as the fill-in to finish off that beatdown. But following that game, the team groomed freshman Scotty Fox to take over. And so he did...for a bit. I have read on here that the current freshman QB is pretty talented. I am just wondering that if Fox is not playing, who would get the edge in starting this week.

I am sure Cleveland Heights is preparing for their worst case situation - Fox to play. I am sure Mentor is preparing for the worst case situation - Fox not playing.

It will be a very difficult game for Mentor to win without some consistent QB play to move the chains and get some points on the scoreboard. We have seen that unfortunately the run game has not been able to help much with either of those. I can't imagine that turning to the running backs and offensive line to carry this offense will amount to a victory. Mentor will need to be balanced on offense to be in this game.

If Fox is not able to go, I wonder if Pearce is the backup or if Mentor would go in a different direction given the circumstances. The only thing I can relate to this situation is in 2021 when Snow got hurt during the St Eds game. For the rest of that game, they put an upperclassmen as the fill-in to finish off that beatdown. But following that game, the team groomed freshman Scotty Fox to take over. And so he did...for a bit. I have read on here that the current freshman QB is pretty talented. I am just wondering that if Fox is not playing, who would get the edge in starting this week.

I am sure Cleveland Heights is preparing for their worst case situation - Fox to play. I am sure Mentor is preparing for the worst case situation - Fox not playing.

It will be a very difficult game for Mentor to win without some consistent QB play to move the chains and get some points on the scoreboard. We have seen that unfortunately the run game has not been able to help much with either of those. I can't imagine that turning to the running backs and offensive line to carry this offense will amount to a victory. Mentor will need to be balanced on offense to be in this game.
I think 2021 was a different scenario. Mentor didn't really have a backup passing QB on their varsity roster. The kid they had was very small (like 3rd stringer Baroni this year). Pierce is 6'-4" and is very athletic. I think Pierce will get the first shot at the starter's job before they would consider bringing up the freshman.

D1, R1 in general. Mentor could easily be 5-0 if some small things had gone their way.

I’ve read on here a sloppy game. I was excited to see a low-scoring game hoping the defense improved? What’s the story…
Don't have the normal mentor offense.

I went into the game feeling like Mentor would have a very difficult time winning without Fox. The offense was held out of the end zone in regulation, which has almost never happened over the past 20 years. The only exceptions that come to mind are elite state championship level defense like St X in 2007 or St Eds last year.

If Fox were healthy, it would’ve been a completely different outcome. Unfortunately, he wasn’t.

Kudos to the Mentor defense for doing a great job tonight. Sure, they came up on the short end of the two big overtime plays. But overall, I don’t know how someone could be disappointed with how they played.

I didn’t come away very impressed with the Tigers. But they made that final big play to get a big win for their program. I hope these two meet again in November with a healthy Scotty Fox.

I went into the game feeling like Mentor would have a very difficult time winning without Fox. The offense was held out of the end zone in regulation, which has almost never happened over the past 20 years. The only exceptions that come to mind are elite state championship level defense like St X in 2007 or St Eds last year.

If Fox were healthy, it would’ve been a completely different outcome. Unfortunately, he wasn’t.

Kudos to the Mentor defense for doing a great job tonight. Sure, they came up on the short end of the two big overtime plays. But overall, I don’t know how someone could be disappointed with how they played.

I didn’t come away very impressed with the Tigers. But they made that final big play to get a big win for their program. I hope these two meet again in November with a healthy Scotty Fox.
It looks like the defense comes away from this game with a few key players banged up. If the offense were able to control the ball for some sustained drives the defense would get some rest. Instead, they're out there battling for the majority of the game. And Now that seems to have translated into some banged up players.

Last edited:
It looks like the defense comes away from this game with a few key players banged up. If the offense were able to control the ball for some sustained drives the defense would get some rest. Instead, they're out there battling for the majority of the game. And Now that seems to have translated into some banged players.
Been an issue most of the year unfortunately. Tonight they had an excuse. Fox to the backup was night and day. Couldn't count on accuracy beyond 5 yards