Federal League Football 2023

Example:
If GO's 3 wins are against D1 teams and D1 teams count for 6.5 Harbin points then 3 x 6.5 = 19.5 points
If Mogadores 7 wins are against D7 teams and D7 teams count for 3.5 Harbin points then 7 x 3.5 = 24.5 points

More points - yes
WAY more points - no (depending on your definition of WAY I guess)

Granted, this was the best/worse case scenarios for both teams..... Just using it as an example....
You are either unaware Mogadore is in D6 or fudged the numbers to try to make your point.

Use D6 points for Mogadore‘s 7 mythical wins and thars 28 vs the 19.5, which is a significant difference.

Listen, even though Wester Hills is D1, they were probably the worst of the Fed’s week 1 opponents. A more accurate barometer of how good GlenOak is will come over the next two weeks.

Listen, even though Wester Hills is D1, they were probably the worst of the Fed’s week 1 opponents. A more accurate barometer of how good GlenOak is will come over the next two weeks.
I am not sure that will be an accurate assessment either as Massillon and Fitch are 2 of the top programs in the state. You wont start to know until Fed games start probably.

I don't believe y2h grasps that.

I completely understand that Western Hills is not a quality program. Again, my point is that, I believe, for the most part, division does equate to quality teams.The larger the division, the better the team as long as the teams being compared are comparable record wise.
Division is irrelevant when discussing quality of a team. It indicates nothing of coaching or talent, it is only indicative of enrollment in the school nothing more. The GO guy was lauding the fact they were D1...pretty much everyone in the Fed AND their respective opponents would've ran through that team so who cares what division they classify as.

Division is irrelevant when discussing quality of a team. It indicates nothing of coaching or talent, it is only indicative of enrollment in the school nothing more. The GO guy was lauding the fact they were D1...pretty much everyone in the Fed AND their respective opponents would've ran through that team so who cares what division they classify as.
Again, refer back to my examples in my earlier post. So, what you are saying is that the D5, D6 or D7 state champ is as good as or better than, the semi finalists from D1 or D2?

Harbins are only part of the equation. The other is this: which team provides better competition? IOW, would 3-7 GlenOak beat 7-3 Mogadore?
Fair question, last year and this year Calpreps has Glenoak as a 2-4 pt favorite over Mogadore (2 this year 4 last year). So a fairly close competition comparison, yet Mogadore would garner 8.5 more points, which at the end of the year is 0.85 added to your average.

In typical regions thats the difference between about 3-5 playoff spots (8th to 12th).

You are either unaware Mogadore is in D6 or fudged the numbers to try to make your point.

Use D6 points for Mogadore‘s 7 mythical wins and thars 28 vs the 19.5, which is a significant difference.
It doesn't matter what division Mogadore is in.... What matters is what division the opponents they defeat are in.... My example is correct if all 7 of Mogadore's hypothetical wins are against D7 teams..... For example, Mogadore received 5 points from beating Field who is a D4 school... According to you they should have only received 4 points since Mogadore is a D6 school.....

Example:
If GO's 3 wins are against D1 teams and D1 teams count for 6.5 Harbin points then 3 x 6.5 = 19.5 points
If Mogadores 7 wins are against D7 teams and D7 teams count for 3.5 Harbin points then 7 x 3.5 = 24.5 points

More points - yes
WAY more points - no (depending on your definition of WAY I guess)

Granted, this was the best/worse case scenarios for both teams..... Just using it as an example....
It is based on the divisions of the teams you beat...not based on your division...Glen Oak didnt beat all d1 teams...Glen Oak had 4 wins last year that equaled 23.5 1st level points...if you beat them you got 23.5 2nd level points....Mogadore had 8 wins last year that equaled 32.5 1st level points... if you would have beaten Mogadore last year you would have gotten 32.5 2nd level points...CCC lost to Mogadore and Jackson by a similar point differential...Jackson killed GO. Mogadore and GO would be a good game...

Fair question, last year and this year Calpreps has Glenoak as a 2-4 pt favorite over Mogadore (2 this year 4 last year). So a fairly close competition comparison, yet Mogadore would garner 8.5 more points, which at the end of the year is 0.85 added to your average.

In typical regions thats the difference between about 3-5 playoff spots (8th to 12th).
Great information

It doesn't matter what division Mogadore is in.... What matters is what division the opponents they defeat are in.... My example is correct if all 7 of Mogadore's hypothetical wins are against D7 teams..... For example, Mogadore received 5 points from beating Field who is a D4 school... According to you they should have only received 4 points since Mogadore is a D6 school.....
Good point

Look at their schedule again…

I understand fully how the points work. I just assumed since you only used one division for each of them and their secondary points that you would be a normal person and use the points for the division they are in, not one below them to try to fool people into believing your point.

Your point was wrong, you either intentionally misled people by choosing D7 for Mogadore and D1 for Glenoak, or you were ignorant of the fact that Mogadore hasn’t been in D7 in like 10 years.

And YOU started off by only using 1 division for all hypothetical wins, I never said Mogadore would get 4 for being Field, don’t make up stupid crap to cover up your mistake.

Teams would greatly benefit playoff wise from beating Mogadore vs Glenoak, period. You were wrong and you manipulated the data or you didn’t know what you were doing.

You choose.

I sure kicked off a war!

Week 2: Lake wins, I'm cautiously optimistic about Jackson, and I think one of the other five teams surprises. 3-4 for the Fed.

I understand fully how the points work. I just assumed since you only used one division for each of them and their secondary points that you would be a normal person and use the points for the division they are in, not one below them to try to fool people into believing your point.

Your point was wrong, you either intentionally misled people by choosing D7 for Mogadore and D1 for Glenoak, or you were ignorant of the fact that Mogadore hasn’t been in D7 in like 10 years.

And YOU started off by only using 1 division for all hypothetical wins, I never said Mogadore would get 4 for being Field, don’t make up stupid crap to cover up your mistake.

Teams would greatly benefit playoff wise from beating Mogadore vs Glenoak, period. You were wrong and you manipulated the data or you didn’t know what you were doing.

You choose.
Bullsh!t.... I know exactly how the Harbins work... I have been around them since they started using them back in 1972 (although they actually used them in 1971 just as a practice run)

My point was that you said that a team would get WAY, I repeat, WAY more points for Mogadore having 7 wins than GO having 3 wins....

I'll repeat again, it doesn't matter what division a team is in - all that matters is what divisions the teams they defeat are in....

I NEVER chose D7 for Mogadore - only for their opponents that they defeated in my HYPOTHETICAL example... Geesh...

You made the claim that since Mogadore is D6 they would get 4 points per win for their HYPOTHETICAL 7 wins....
That is wrong!!! If all 7 of their HYPOTHETICAL 7 wins were against D7 schools they would get 3.5 points per win...

The key word is HYPOTHETICAL..... I know that Mogadore's schedule is a mixture of different divisions so my HYPOTHETICAL example would not happen.... Just like GO's 3 HYPOTHETICAL wins would not necessarily all be against D1 teams....

You do know what HYPOTHETICAL means right? Geesh.....

And indirectly you did say that Mogadore would get 4 points for beating Field because you were basing it on Mogadore's division (D6) instead of Field's division (D4) which is how it actually works....

And you are making the assumption that GO only has 3 wins.... What if they have 4? how about 5? maybe 6?

And all of this is just for their Level One points....

When you get to the Level Two points then you are taking into account the wins that the teams you defeated accumulate throughout the season....

So, again HYPOTHETICALLY, a team could go 10-0 and accumulate a lot of Level One points but if all their opponents go 0-10 (remember I said HYPOTHETICALLY) they wouldn't get any Level Two points....

But, HYPOTHETICALLY, a team could go, oh let's say 5-5, they wouldn't get as many Level One points since they only had 5 wins but if all five of their wins were against teams who went 9-1 (again remember HYPOTHETICALLY) they would get a ton of Level Two points and in all likelihood have more total points than the HYPOTHETICAL 10-0 team....

Basically, a team's Level One points become part of your Level Two points if you beat them....

One last time, the division you are in doesn't matter at all.... All that matters are the divisions of the teams you beat and the divisions of the teams they beat.... If Mogadore played the exact same schedule as, oh let's say Lakewood St. Eds, and had they exact same record as Eds would against that schedule they would have the same number of points as St. Eds. would have at the end of the season....

It's not rocket science.... Geesh....

Last edited:
Bullsh!t.... I know exactly how the Harbins work... I have been around them since they started using them back in 1972 (although they actually used them in 1971 just as a practice run)

My point was that you said that a team would get WAY, I repeat, WAY more points for Mogadore having 7 wins than GO having 3 wins....

I'll repeat again, it doesn't matter what division a team is in - all that matters is what divisions the teams they defeat are in....

I NEVER chose D7 for Mogadore - only for their opponents that they defeated in my HYPOTHETICAL example... Geesh...

You made the claim that since Mogadore is D6 they would get 4 points per win for their HYPOTHETICAL 7 wins....
That is wrong!!! If all 7 of their HYPOTHETICAL 7 wins were against D7 schools they would get 3.5 points per win...

The key word is HYPOTHETICAL..... I know that Mogadore's schedule is a mixture of different divisions so my HYPOTHETICAL example would not happen.... Just like GO's 3 HYPOTHETICAL wins would not necessarily all be against D1 teams....

You do know what HYPOTHETICAL means right? Geesh.....

And indirectly you did say that Mogadore would get 4 points for beating Field because you were basing it on Mogadore's division (D6) instead of Field's division (D4) which is how it actually works....

And you are making the assumption that GO only has 3 wins.... What if they have 4? how about 5? maybe 6?

And all of this is just for their Level One points....

When you get to the Level Two points then you are taking into account the wins that the teams you defeated accumulate throughout the season....

So, again HYPOTHETICALLY, a team could go 10-0 and accumulate a lot of Level One points but if all their opponents go 0-10 (remember I said HYPOTHETICALLY) they wouldn't get any Level Two points....

But, HYPOTHETICALLY, a team could go, oh let's say 5-5, they wouldn't get as many Level One points since they only had 5 wins but if all five of their wins were against teams who went 9-1 (again remember HYPOTHETICALLY) they would get a ton of Level Two points and in all likelihood have more total points than the HYPOTHETICAL 10-0 team....

Basically, a team's Level One points become part of your Level Two points if you beat them....

One last time, the division you are in doesn't matter at all.... All that matters are the divisions of the teams you beat and the divisions of the teams they beat.... If Mogadore played the exact same schedule as, oh let's say Lakewood St. Eds, and had they exact same record as Eds would against that schedule they would have the same number of points as St. Eds. would have at the end of the season....

It's not rocket science.... Geesh....
You’re right, it’s not rocket science, it’s simple addition and division.

For that reason, along with your hostility, I can now safely assume you just intentionally misled people to make them think you were right.

You were wrong, and using all D7 points was asinine and you know it. Why use D7 for all of Mogadore’s wins but D1 for Glenoak? To make people believe your BS.

You were wrong and intellectually dishonest to boot, just admit it.

If you were going to pick just 1 division for hypothetical secondary Harbin points the logical direction to go is to use the respective teams own divisions (GO D1, Mogadore D6).

Instead you used D1 and D7.

So, you either misled people on purpose thinking no one was as smart as you, or you were unaware/ignorant of what division Mogadore is in.

Thats the only 2 logical conclusions.

So which is it, you ignorant or a liar?

Again, refer back to my examples in my earlier post. So, what you are saying is that the D5, D6 or D7 state champ is as good as or better than, the semi finalists from D1 or D2?
What I'm pointing out is you can't simply look at a schedule and determine it's strength by looking at what division the opponents are.

GO played a D1, Hoover played a D4. That D4 would bend over that D1. IOW Hoover got more out of their game vs a quality opponent than GO did. Divisions are irrelevant in identifying the quality of a team as it doesn't take into a account coaching or talent.

Unless I’m missing something, Wouldn’t going to Joe Eitel’s site show how many points teams are getting for playing down or up? Pretty simple to add up from there.
I know your the go to guy on here about Perry FB, watched the replay of the CC game recently and if Perry doesn't figure out some sort of passing attack, and fast, this season could go south of the border very quickly, BTW thinking about going to this game, any suggestions on where to eat a pre-game meal? thanks

You’re right, it’s not rocket science, it’s simple addition and division.

For that reason, along with your hostility, I can now safely assume you just intentionally misled people to make them think you were right.

You were wrong, and using all D7 points was asinine and you know it. Why use D7 for all of Mogadore’s wins but D1 for Glenoak? To make people believe your BS.

You were wrong and intellectually dishonest to boot, just admit it.

If you were going to pick just 1 division for hypothetical secondary Harbin points the logical direction to go is to use the respective teams own divisions (GO D1, Mogadore D6).

Instead you used D1 and D7.

So, you either misled people on purpose thinking no one was as smart as you, or you were unaware/ignorant of what division Mogadore is in.

Thats the only 2 logical conclusions.

So which is it, you ignorant or a liar?
Boy, you are really a piece of work.....

All you have to do is to go back to my original reply (#691) where I said the following:
Is that clear enough for you???

I am not intentionally misleading anyone.... Geesh.....

And I was not wrong on anything I said!!!!

And you still think that Mogadore being D6 as opposed to D7, or D5, or D4, or D3, or D2, or even D1 matters when it doesn't....

I don't give a rat's butt what division they are....

For the last time (hopefully) all that matters are the divisions of the teams they beat...

What exactly are "secondary Harbin points"? There are only Level One points which you accumulate based on the divisions of the teams you beat and Level Two points which you accumulate by adding up the Level One points of the teams you beat....

I figured I used the terms HYPOTHETICAL and HYPOTHETICALLY often enough in my last reply to get through to you but WOW, you are one odd duck....

I'm sure you will try to twist this around somehow.... Not sure how I can make it any clearer.... Oh well......

So which is it, you ignorant or stupid?

Last edited:
I know your the go to guy on here about Perry FB, watched the replay of the CC game recently and if Perry doesn't figure out some sort of passing attack, and fast, this season could go south of the border very quickly, BTW thinking about going to this game, any suggestions on where to eat a pre-game meal? thanks
Try the Game Time Bar and Grill, Fizzlesticks or Falcone's Tavern. All are on West Tuscarawas and close to the stadium.

Boy, you are really a piece of work.....

All you have to do is to go back to my original reply (#691) where I said the following:

Is that clear enough for you???

I am not intentionally misleading anyone.... Geesh.....

And I was not wrong on anything I said!!!!

And you still think that Mogadore being D6 as opposed to D7, or D5, or D4, or D3, or D2, or even D1 matters when it doesn't....

I don't give a rat's butt what division they are....

For the last time (hopefully) all that matters are the divisions of the teams they beat...

What exactly are "secondary Harbin points"? There are only Level One points which you accumulate based on the divisions of the teams you beat and Level Two points which you accumulate by adding up the Level One points of the teams you beat....

I figured I used the terms HYPOTHETICAL and HYPOTHETICALLY often enough in my last reply to get through to you but WOW, you are one odd duck....

I'm sure you will try to twist this around somehow.... Not sure how I can make it any clearer.... Oh well......

So which is it, you ignorant or stupid?
So you now admit you intentionally misled…which is lying…

Understood.

So, now that you have been proven wrong that beating Mogadore would absolutely garner way more points than beating Glenoak are you willing to admit you were wrong?

or just going to keep misleading people by misrepresenting the data?

A couple places come to mind….Game Time Bar & Grill in the strip plaza on the corner of West Tuscarawas (route 172) & Perry Drive or a place just down the street east of there Falcone’s Tavern.
To the first part of your post, I think the Panthers will have to be more balanced to beat teams like SVSM and most of their league opponents. I would consider 10-12 passing attempts as better balance. It’s not so much if they pass instead of when they do. Getting behind the chains with third and longs is not going to be the optimal time to throw. Personally I like some play action on first and second downs on occasion along with throwing on second and third & short. This week is a huge test for Coach Slates and the Panthers.

Last edited:
So you now admit you intentionally misled…which is lying…

Understood.

So, now that you have been proven wrong that beating Mogadore would absolutely garner way more points than beating Glenoak are you willing to admit you were wrong?

or just going to keep misleading people by misrepresenting the data?
Man. you are one major wackadoodle....

Go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.... At this point I really don't give a crap...

Believe that the moon landing was fake....
Believe in big foot...
Believe that the earth is flat...
Believe that zombies can rise from the dead...
Believe that JFK Jr is still alive...
Believe that the earth is 6000 years old...
Believe that Elvis is still alive...
Believe that Tom Hanks drinks the blood of babies...
Believe in whatever cockamamie conspiracy theory you want........ Geesh........

I certainly hope you are not a typical example of the education provided by the Mogadore school school district.... Holy cow....

Well, I knew this would happen:

Go on living in your own alternate reality...

Have a great day on the planet X or whatever planet you are on.... Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh......