Josie Davis DQ’d

She is a senior that didn't make the adjustment against a freshman. Her coaches are to blame and no one else. Maybe, I don't know, try something else after the 3rd time getting called out. Problem is that her entire arsenal depends on "youth" wrestling moves and it cost her. She panicked instead of just taking a shot and finishing it off. The score was 7-5 if I'm not mistaken at the time it was called. Sucks but this is not comparable to the Shore match.

She is a senior that didn't make the adjustment against a freshman. Her coaches are to blame and no one else. Maybe, I don't know, try something else after the 3rd time getting called out. Problem is that her entire arsenal depends on "youth" wrestling moves and it cost her. She panicked instead of just taking a shot and finishing it off. The score was 7-5 if I'm not mistaken at the time it was called. Sucks but this is not comparable to the Shore match.
It was 7-3 at the time. 2 escapes and a locking hands call.

My son and I watched the recovery time clock expire after the first illegal move, and it was a good 5 to 10 seconds expired. I figured that it was over right there.

Seems it would have been prudent to stay away from anything that could have been considered illegal after that.

Watched the flo video about 5 times. Looked clean from as far as I could tell.

Officiating was pretty hit or kiss all night. Seen a kid get hit with stalling with 2 seconds left to tie the match up. Seen textbook takedown on the line not called.
The design of the Rudis mats were a problem all weekend. I saw at least 3 takedowns botched because the red was looking at the inner circle instead of the outer circle. If I personally saw 3 instances, there were probably 30 more I didn’t see. I don’t fully blame the refs because the mats were a bit disorienting. I love the Rudis company and I’ve become a customer this weekend, but unless they specifically plan on reselling those mats as freestyle mats, they really just need to design 10 custom mats specifically for OHSAA State only that are simple colors with clear folkstyle markings only. They can still add Rudis branding and even if the mats need to be made to resell, I am willing to bet that those designs would seek just as fast if not faster. Just my two cents.

The design of the Rudis mats were a problem all weekend. I saw at least 3 takedowns botched because the red was looking at the inner circle instead of the outer circle. If I personally saw 3 instances, there were probably 30 more I didn’t see. I don’t fully blame the refs because the mats were a bit disorienting. I love the Rudis company and I’ve become a customer this weekend, but unless they specifically plan on reselling those mats as freestyle mats, they really just need to design 10 custom mats specifically for OHSAA State only that are simple colors with clear folkstyle markings only. They can still add Rudis branding and even if the mats need to be made to resell, I am willing to bet that those designs would seek just as fast if not faster. Just my two cents.
Agreed 👍

I always give the officials the benefit of the doubt but what just happened to Davis is simply criminal. There was NOTHING illegal there. She hit the same move in the first period and the refs had no issue with it.

On top of that, the opposing coach should be ashamed of himself. The girl hopped right up after the second illegal call and was ready to wrestle. Her coach called her over and made her get checked. She wanted to wrestle. When she came out to shake hands she was fine and clearly could have wrestled. Her coach orchestrated the DQ.

This whole match was just disgusting to watch. I can’t believe I am actually saying this but Davis and her school need to hire a lawyer.

Something does NOT seem right about how this all went down.

I always give the officials the benefit of the doubt but what just happened to Davis is simply criminal. There was NOTHING illegal there. She hit the same move in the first period and the refs had no issue with it.

On top of that, the opposing coach should be ashamed of himself. The girl hopped right up after the second illegal call and was ready to wrestle. Her coach called her over and made her get checked. She wanted to wrestle. When she came out to shake hands she was fine and clearly could have wrestled. Her coach orchestrated the DQ.

This whole match was just disgusting to watch. I can’t believe I am actually saying this but Davis and her school need to hire a lawyer.

What's the lawyer for?

What's the lawyer for?

🤡

What's the lawyer for?
Like I said…something does not seem right about what I watched. She uses that move a lot. It is called legal throughout the state tournament including that match and the 3rd place match. There was nothing different about how she hit it in any matches including the first period of that match. What changed all of a sudden? Then the coach pulls the girl off the mat when she hops up and is ready to wrestle. Again…something does not seem right.

Like I said…something does not seem right about what I watched. She uses that move a lot. It is called legal throughout the state tournament including that match and the 3rd place match. There was nothing different about how she hit it in any matches including the first period of that match. What changed all of a sudden? Then the coach pulls the girl off the mat when she hops up and is ready to wrestle. Again…something does not seem right.
Are you saying a girls high school match was fixed by a coach and officials? You want them to sue for what exactly?

If it turns into or is a choke, it is illegal. The "-chin whip" can be legal if properly done. But, if it comes against the throat and applies pressure (or if you turn the head with the chin), its illegal. This is why it is sometime allowed and sometimes not. Not sure what it was in this case.

If it turns into or is a choke, it is illegal. The "-chin whip" can be legal if properly done. But, if it comes against the throat and applies pressure (or if you turn the head with the chin), its illegal. This is why it is sometime allowed and sometimes not. Not sure what it was in this case.
That’s my issue. They wave off the takedown and the near fall… but the takedown should only be waved off if the maneuver used to score the take down was illegal… but you can see the assistant official point out that she is around the throat in the first instance. In the second he once again stops it after head Offical awarded the takedown and he was clearly looking for her to be around the throat… how did only the assistant see both instances ? These are the best officials in Ohio and he was out of position on the same move twice ? Whole thing is bizarre to me. First one should have been called potentially dangerous and then the Sydney girl shouldn’t have tried to hit it again.

Zebulin Miller
@zzsmiller
·
4h
Todd Haverdill Talking Anna Madi Semifinal Match Controversy And
@BrecksWrestling
via
@YouTube

youtube.com
Todd Haverdill Talking Anna Madi Semifinal Match Controversy And...
Bell rung..needs elaborated. Doesn't appear she was hit or lost consciousness. If it was a head injury, how did she come back and wrestle today. Not trying to be that guy, but something doesn't add up.
According to Coach Haverdill in the video I just watched, it was the doctor’s decision not to let Anna Madi continue. If she was removed from competition due to a SUSPECTED concussion, the wrestler cannot resume practice or competition the same day they have been removed. They CAN return to practice or competition the NEXT day PROVIDED a doctor examines the athlete and completes OHSAA’s return to competition form and the completed form is returned to the proper people. It does not have to be the same doctor that removed her nor are concussions DIAGNOSED on the mat just suspected. You can find the form on OHSAA’s website so you can read the wording on it. I have no dog in this fight, just know the rules when someone is showing the signs and symptoms of a POSSIBLE head injury and are removed from competition.

According to Coach Haverdill in the video I just watched, it was the doctor’s decision not to let Anna Madi continue. If she was removed from competition due to a SUSPECTED concussion, the wrestler cannot resume practice or competition the same day they have been removed. They CAN return to practice or competition the NEXT day PROVIDED a doctor examines the athlete and completes OHSAA’s return to competition form and the completed form is returned to the proper people. It does not have to be the same doctor that removed her nor are concussions DIAGNOSED on the mat just suspected. You can find the form on OHSAA’s website so you can read the wording on it. I have no dog in this fight, just know the rules when someone is showing the signs and symptoms of a POSSIBLE head injury and are removed from competition. Referees do not ask for the form, look for the form or read the completed form if the school has their athlete competing the next day after being removed from competition the day before with a SUSPECTED head injury.

According to Coach Haverdill in the video I just watched, it was the doctor’s decision not to let Anna Madi continue. If she was removed from competition due to a SUSPECTED concussion, the wrestler cannot resume practice or competition the same day they have been removed. They CAN return to practice or competition the NEXT day PROVIDED a doctor examines the athlete and completes OHSAA’s return to competition form and the completed form is returned to the proper people. It does not have to be the same doctor that removed her nor are concussions DIAGNOSED on the mat just suspected. You can find the form on OHSAA’s website so you can read the wording on it. I have no dog in this fight, just know the rules when someone is showing the signs and symptoms of a POSSIBLE head injury and are removed from competition.
I'm aware of the rules.

What I'm getting at is if you watch the match, their is nothing that would leave you to believe that their would he a concussion. She was still fighting off her back and as soon as the official blew action dead, she got right up the 2nd time.

I'm aware of the rules.

What I'm getting at is if you watch the match, their is nothing that would leave you to believe that their would he a concussion. She was still fighting off her back and as soon as the official blew action dead, she got right up the 2nd time.
This is what I am saying...something doesn't seem right about the whole thing. And...if it is a concussion there is a long protocol with concussions in high school sports, you can't just hop back in 24 hours later. Even being cleared by a doctor there is still a process of light activity before full clearance to make sure symptoms are gone.

After watching the match for about the 15th time, I really don't think the head ref even did that bad other than being influenced by the assistant ref who seemed ready to jump right on top of the call as soon as the move was hit. The first one called illegal was awarded a takedown and had a full count plus before being called illegal. There is no way that should have happened. If anything it should have been treated like a head and arm situation that starts legal and the arm slips out...call it PD. On the second one that was called illegal, the side ref was practically running to point it out. It still wasn't illegal. If those were illegal then every cradle hit this weekend was too because those cut off a side of the throat just as much as the chin whip does.

This whole thing is a mess and stinks of something. There is no way that match should have ended like that.

This whole thing is a mess and stinks of something. There is no way that match should have ended like that.
15 times you watched the video...15? I mean are you looking to find by watching it 15 times? When you were on the 14th time and saw nothing different from the previous 13 times, did you say to yourself, "I am gonna watch it ONE MORE TIME to see if there is something that stinks of something". Look man/woman, it sucks. I think everyone agrees. No one wants anyone to lose/win in that fashion but the match ended how it did and no one outside of her family and friends will remember this moving forward.

Question, Would you feel better if she went to the hospital and had a broken neck to justify something smelling much, much better? I think that is what you want. You need the Lord.

15 times you watched the video...15? I mean are you looking to find by watching it 15 times? When you were on the 14th time and saw nothing different from the previous 13 times, did you say to yourself, "I am gonna watch it ONE MORE TIME to see if there is something that stinks of something". Look man/woman, it sucks. I think everyone agrees. No one wants anyone to lose/win in that fashion but the match ended how it did and no one outside of her family and friends will remember this moving forward.

Question, Would you feel better if she went to the hospital and had a broken neck to justify something smelling much, much better? I think that is what you want. You need the Lord.
SWEET JESUS!

The illegal choke happened at 1:39 left in the 3rd period. This was a chin whip but she was around the neck and not the chin. That is why the assistant ref called the choke illegal and the head ref took away the takedown and nearfall points.

The second move was not a chin whip. It was what some might call a neck wrench from a front headlock with :59 left in the 3rd period. I do not see why the assistant ref called this illegal. If an assassin is a legal move then the move Davis hit is legal. It should have been 2 takedown for Davis and nearfall. Davis should have won by injury default if the girl could not continue after that, because this was a legal move.

The move she ran is called an assissin, and it is a LEGAL move. However, when she adjusts her pressure to make it tighter, it applies pressure directly on the carotid artery- which then makes it illegal. While she did hit this same assiassin move in the third place match, and in the previous match- she did not adjust her grip to squeeze the artery. Rumor has it that the officials may have been tipped off to this technique prior to match in which she was DQ'd. This would then also explain why the officials were watching so closely for this in her subsequent matches.

No, she did not hit an assasin in her 3rd place match. Watch the video from trackwrestling. She had a mixer/cement job but took the girl the opposite way with one hand on the girl’s chin the entire time. The hands were never locked. This was sort of a chin whip but from an underhook instead of overhook.