Who is the most impressive wrestler you have seen?

Cael Sanderson…. And my big brothers :)
But I also did see Cary kolat, ….while in high school, thump a D1 all-American at the West Virginia open tournamant….. which by the way was a total meat grinder. I wrestled sean Oday, Pat Santoro, and terry. Kennedy in one tournamant! Please someone find me the brackets from the 1985, 1986, and 1987 and 1988 tournaments

Hard to argue against David Taylor who reached the top at EVERY level, Often convincingly. Kolat one of the most athletic and mature Ive seen for a High Schooler. Jax Forrest is VERY impressive at a much tougher weight class than Basset, however theyre both quite "OLD" for freshman.

It would be impossible for me to declare the M.O. wrestler I ever watched or officiated, but gun to my head the best kid I ever officiated (more than once) would be Johnny McGhee from Coventry H.S.

Last edited:
Tommy Rowlands hands down

Though I didn't care for him in HS (went to rival HS), Keaton Anderson was a beast and I enjoyed watching him wrestle at OSU.

We also can't forget Chris Phillips teammate... Logan Stieber. Arguably the best wrestler in the history of the sport. Pretty cool that those two were on the same team at the same time.

Tommy Rowlands hands down

Though I didn't care for him in HS (went to rival HS), Keaton Anderson was a beast and I enjoyed watching him wrestle at OSU.
Tommy was great. I still hate Mocco. Love Keaton Anderson mention. So much fun to watch. I also loved Reece Humphrey (his opposite side ducks were slick as can be). Also McKenna.

Also Jake Percival (2nd,3rd,5th for Ohio U)