Division I State Championship: St. Edward (14-1) vs Springfield (13-1)

Who wins?

• St. Edward by 17+

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • St. Edward by 8-16

Votes: 73 39.5%
  • St. Edward by 1-7

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is like Groundhog Day. Some posters go back in their hole for nine months when they see the shadow of a championship trophy over the head of another team.
Could you be one of them please? Since you're a fan of a team that won no championships yet again, who turned in their uniforms weeks ago and you have nothing to offer but ruining threads with your jealous, obsessive trolling, it'd be very nice if you would get lost 🫠

Last edited:
Dude you cry a lot! Went from telling everyone how Springfield was going to beat up Ed’s , to crying how your feelings are hurt, it’s not fair. Dude stop the soy protein, switch to whey protein
When did I say SHS would "beat up Eds"? I said it would be a toss up likely decided in the 4th quarter. I predicted there would be decided by a missed or blocked FG as time expires. How is that anyone "beating up" anyone. And, Coach Douglass made the statements about St Eds having an unfair advantage. I posted the news article where he was interviewed above. So, why don't you stop by SHS and convey this feedback to him directly? As I've said to the others, before trolling please have the professional courtesy to wait until it's your turn to borrow the brain..

Props to riverboi for at least showing up this year...even if it's only to whine about private schools instead of congratulating the winners. lol.
When did you congratulate SHS for beating both of your bandwagon teams? Or for having a terrific season where they went farther then all of your alternating teams for the 2d year in a row? Again, another troll hypocrite making criticism for what he does himself. As far as "whining" is concerned, you're actually accusing Coach Douglass of that. He made the statements about private schools in an interview that I posted last night. He was very in depth and gave specifics. So, why don't you contact him to convey your feedback directly and call him a whiner? Again, please refrain from your jeslous, obsessive, sore loser trolling until its your turn to borrow what's left of the brain. Lol 😁

Last edited:
Bob Gregg said that after Centerville's loss to St Ignatius in 1991
Well, it's true, Springfield is Ohio D1 Public School Champions.

no one can even dispute it. Springfield won the Title on the Field by beating Moeller ON THE FIELD.

Get the banners printed and signs made. Your kids earned it.

Well, it's true, Springfield is Ohio D1 Public School Champions.

no one can even dispute it. Springfield won the Title on the Field by beating Moeller ON THE FIELD.

Get the banners printed and signs made. Your kids earned it.
What does Moeller have to do with anything? What about Gahanna Lincoln? Don't they have an argument? And, why did you say "on the field" twice? And why is only one of them in all caps but the other isn't?

What does Moeller have to do with anything? And, why did you say "on the field" twice? And why is one of them in all caps but the other isn't?
your team beat Moeller on the field. don't get too neurotic about it.

Ed's had a relative cream puff last week. Springfield had to climb Mt Everest to win.

You can't expect high school kids to climb Mt. Everest two weeks in a row. there's gonna be an emotional letdown.

The link below is a good read....
Drive around SW Ohio and SE Indiana, You will see Elder and LaSalle signs as far east as Brookville Indiana and East central school district.
(Colerain and Harrison are loaded in them. ST X hits Forest park and Fairfield pretty hard.
Moeller has recruiting signs as far north as Wilmington. There are still the NKY folk that send their kids across the river for a quality education as well.
With that said, Public schools have open enrolment, hell parents open enroll not just for athletics but also for educational opportunities.
Career centers get students that open enroll to a feeder school to attend CTE, the student may play sports for the feeder and never step foot in the door of the school for education.
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/591/1538/2388721/
There is the difference; public schools don't place signs in a 50 mile radius to attract students, parochial schools do.

More comments from Coach Douglass. Please direct any feedback to him directly, in person ideally.

Maurice Doug... @moedoug.... 9h
Wildcat Nation: We gave it all we had
tonight, but it's very hard to beat those
private schools!! St. Ed's had kids from
38 countries!! But we'll be back again,
hopefully the OHSAA will make a private
school championship and a public
school championship one of these days!
THE
FIELD
WILDCATS
Maurice Dou... @moedou..
21h

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203_105756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203_105756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
When did you congratulate SHS for beating both of your bandwagon teams? Or for having a terrific season where they went farther then all of your alternating teams for the 2d year in a row? Again, another troll hypocrite making criticism for what he does himself. As far as "whining" is concerned, you're actually accusing Coach Douglass of that. He made the statements about private schools in an interview that I posted last night. He was very in depth and gave specifics. So, why don't you contact him to convey your feedback directly and call him a whiner? Again, please refrain from your jeslous, obsessive, sore loser trolling until its your turn to borrow what's left of the brain. Lol 😁

Excellent rant...8.5/10. Would read again. lol.

More comments from Coach Douglass. Please direct any feedback to him directly, in person ideally.

Maurice Doug... @moedoug.... 9h
Wildcat Nation: We gave it all we had
tonight, but it's very hard to beat those
private schools!! St. Ed's had kids from
38 countries!! But we'll be back again,
hopefully the OHSAA will make a private
school championship and a public
school championship one of these days!
THE
FIELD
WILDCATS
Maurice Dou... @moedou..
21h
Wow, he really did say 38 countries. I heard Trinidad and Tobago came up big for St Edward this year.

Public schools have the advantage as they have a built on base of students to pull from. Privates have tohake what they can get. M
Then why haven't any Cleveland area public schools ever won a state title in football? In D1, I don't think even the Cleveland suburban schools have won one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.