Division III State Championship: Canfield (13-1) vs. Bloom-Carroll (14-1)

Who wins?

• Canfield by 17+

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Canfield by 8-16

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Canfield by 1-7

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 1-7

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 8-16

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 17+

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Recruited as a safety. Not QB
100% wrong

Indiana head coach Tom Allen gained his first quarterback for the class of 2023 on Thursday when Broc Lowry committed to Indiana.
Standing at 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, Lowry is a four-star recruit from Canfield, Ohio. He is the top quarterback recruit from the state of Ohio, the 43rd-ranked quarterback in the country and the No. 752 player in the class of 2023. Lowry had multiple Division I-A offers from major programs as well as offers from every MAC school and a host of I-AA programs. Lowry is Indiana's third commitment in the class of 2023.

Might want to do a little research before making yourself look silly. The QB fro. Canfield is going to the B1G to play QB. The jr lb/rb from Canfield has offers from Iowa St and Toledo among others. The LB from BC is going to the MAC and the OG has several D1 offers.
one in 92 high school football players ever get a full ride scholarship.

one in 92 that's just over 1 percent so if two on the field today get full rides that means 2 other teams of equal size get none.

Good season, BC. The emotional let-down will linger for a few days, but there are teams that have lost in the state title game where it’s felt like hell and for far longer than probably necessary. Everyone wants a crack at it, all you can ask for is the best effort to blast through the crack. It’s not the end of the line for BC football.

Congratulations to Canfield!

Good season, BC. The emotional let-down will linger for a few days, but there are teams that have lost in the state title game where it’s felt like hell and for far longer than probably necessary. Everyone wants a crack at it, all you can ask for is the best effort to blast through the crack. It’s not the end of the line for BC football.

Don't worry Bloom Carroll you got the same thing Canfield got.

Yeah its bitter sweet but there are TONS of high schools that never even sniff the playoffs. Their seasons are over by week 4.

Lowry was a 1 man wrecking crew. Their 3rd down conversion % was the difference. BC couldn’t get them off the field.

one in 92 high school football players ever get a full ride scholarship.

one in 92 that's just over 1 percent so if two on the field today get full rides that means 2 other teams of equal size get none.
You know that's not how it works right? If a kid is good enough to get a D1 scholarship he will get a scholarship. It doesn't matter if its 5 kids or a thousand. Its not like a college coach tells a kid "love to give you a scholly but kid A from another school got one and we are only allowed to sign 92 out of Ohio, sorry".

They’ll be no dealing with Simkon any more, he’s gonna be insufferable. Congrats to Canfield!

BC’s o-line did decent for the run. Said earlier in the week a key will be for Canfield’s D-line to play technical and sound, they did just that. Canfield’s D was pretty well-prepared to the task of a) stopping the chunk carries and b) forcing BC to go through the air. The third down stop (3rd and 1) on BC’s first possession helped set the tone in that regard. Terra incognita for BC having to throw the ball early (this is a team that could, and would,bconfidently convert 3rd and longs through the ground in playoff stages prior and the regular season.)

Past-the-sticks passing game for BC has been raw all year; potential and some success but not proficient. Rough conditions to throw against this afternoon; QB’s game as a passer has improved. He’ll be a good one his final two years. Doesn’t matter the conditions, though, Canfield on both sides was just ‘A+.’ Props.

I love watching grind it out running games and stout defense. But it seems, for the vast majority of the time, eventually those types of game plans end up running out of abilities to score. Happened to Hoban last night. But if rushing gets you to the big game (BC included) then you gotta commit to it. So hard to put a dangerous passing game together at the high school level.

You know that's not how it works right? If a kid is good enough to get a D1 scholarship he will get a scholarship. It doesn't matter if its 5 kids or a thousand. Its not like a college coach tells a kid "love to give you a scholly but kid A from another school got one and we are only allowed to sign 92 out of Ohio, sorry".

no, nationwide, over time it is one of 92 that get a full ride. there are only so many full rides, and the NCAA uses high school football as the training and recruitment pool. not my numbers: this analysis states that only .02 % of students get "full rides"

that is two one hundredths percent. .02 percent. two one hundredths of one percent. which is much less than one in 92 much less so I was wrong.

1670024628887.png

Congrats Canfield. Well deserved. Even though you drive me crazy at times @simkon a special congrats to you as well. No one can ever question your Canfield loyalty, and extreme bias at times, but I’m happy for you.

Congrats to the Cardinals and the community of Canfield tonight! I was there in 2005 when you lost a heartbreaking game. Enjoy this Win they obviously don't come very often!!

Simkon take it easy on the celebrating tonight!! :banana: Your Welcome for WB giving you your toughest game of the season and preparing you for this state title!! :LOL: