Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article in the Springfield Sun Times

Attachments

• DDN Article.JPG
    DDN Article.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 25
Friday cannot come soon enough- before I wanted Moeller to win, now I want them to destroy SHS just to spite River rat
Love that! How dare anyone suggest SHS is on Moeller's level. Or, God forbid, that they might actually beat Moeller. Utter blasphemy! I guess you'll just have to block out last year's result.

dynasties in high school football.

does anyone have a dynasty in Debate Team?

How about Chess? :ROFLMAO:

bowling?

St Eds was or is still, I don't know, a dynasty in wrestling, I know that.

Wikipedia lists only ONE dynasty in High School sports and it's a girls swimming team and I don't think anyone can argue that it wasn't a true dynasty. Carmel Indiana with 32 straight from 1985 to 2017.

Makes all the Iggy and Moeller dynasty runs like like flashes in the pan.

View attachment 36428
No they can’t beat Div 2 Graham. That is a dynasty.

Says who??
Says anyone that knows anything about winning championships. Only those that have never won a championship will tell you championships don't define an athlete or program. Classic example is the Gonzaga Basketball program. It has been one of the best college basketball programs for decades, but it won't be amongst the Elite until they cut down those nets.

So far, a 4th straight regional championship. 1st time ever a GWOC and/or a greater Dayton area school did that. That made history with the OHSAA according to the newspaper. Also, they beat every opponent they faced this year. In doing so, they shredded your so called "blueprint" for how to beat them. After last week's win, SHS's qb has 4,200 passing yards this year despite a 9-game schedule, and over 10,000 career passing yards. He's a contender to be named Mr. Football. And, Coach Douglass says more history is to come. Not bad for a rebuilding year. But don't cry, you still have field hockey to fall back on.
Hey didn’t see your contender on the mr football list. The only one I saw that will be in Piqua Friday night plays for Moeller.

Says anyone that knows anything about winning championships. Only those that have never won a championship will tell you championships don't define an athlete or program. Classic example is the Gonzaga Basketball program. It has been one of the best college basketball programs for decades, but it won't be amongst the Elite until they cut down those nets.
That's simply not true. Gonzaga is considered to be an elite program. Everyone knows that.

Not bitter at all; just Springfield is a good program, however, not a dynasty and I'll stick to my opinion that R2 is crap. How many State Titles has R2 produced compared to R4?

In addition, Centerville has finally won consecutive playoffs games this year for the first time since 91, why, because they're now playing in R2, if they were in R4, they might win the first but be out by the second.
I’m sure I’ll catch hell for this but how many of the schools in R4 have titles that aren’t private schools? Colerain is only one I can think of that has made it out of R4 that wasn’t private

Hey didn’t see your contender on the mr football list. The only one I saw that will be in Piqua Friday night plays for Moeller.
So? SHS is more interested in winning the game Friday night, just like they did last year when Moeller and its contender turned in their uniforms afterwards. And, just like Fairmont did this year when they showed up in the playoffs without a working blueprint. If things go the way I hope, the Mr Football award will make a very nice consolation prize for Moeller. You should stick to stuff you really know like field hockey and jazzercise.

Last edited:
That's simply not true. Gonzaga is considered to be an elite program. Everyone knows that.
Nope. Gonzaga in not in the same class as Kansas, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Villanova - just no comparison. Gonzaga is a great program, but not Elite and you can't find anyone that would tell you the Zags are an Elite program.

Nope. Gonzaga in not in the same class as Kansas, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Villanova - just no comparison. Gonzaga is a great program, but not Elite and you can't find anyone that would tell you the Zags are an Elite program.
Yes they are. They haven't been around as long as the others. But everyone considers Gonzaga to be one of the biggest names in the bball world. No doubt about it.

So? SHS is more interested in winning the game Friday night, just like they did last year when Moeller and its contender turned in their uniforms afterwards. And, just like Fairmont did this year when they showed up in the playoffs without a working blueprint. If things go the way I hope, the Mr Football award will make a very nice consolation prize for Moeller. You should stick to stuff you really know like field hockey and jazzercise.
Answer the question! You misspoke! Hypocrite

2 years ago, SHS barely lost by 2 points to St X because of a missed FG. Then, in the state championship game, X led R3 44-3 I think. Plus, R2 has evolved over the years. Schools come and go from it as needed to balance out the 4 regions.
Lakota West lost 2 years ago to X for that same reason a chip shot FG missed that would put them up 10-3. Even worse they had a TD called back right before that on a holding call and an incomplete pass after the hold forced the kick to the hash mark as opposed to straight on and kicker simply overcompensated and missed the kick. But they still had chances to put the game away. A snap over Bolden’s head on 1st and 10 needing just one more first down to salt away. West also had a interception nullified by a penalty on X’s last drive. X later in the drive on a 4th and 10 and finally scored on a 17 yard pass with 27seconds left on a blown coverage and that was that. They had every chance to put X away and didn’t do it. A lot of times a few plays will determine a close game. Turnovers a also big in a close game and could certainly be a big factor in this game coming up. We’ll see how it goes here soon.

I’m sure I’ll catch hell for this but how many of the schools in R4 have titles that aren’t private schools? Colerain is only one I can think of that has made it out of R4 that wasn’t private
Dayton Wayne won R4 in 1999 and 2010. Since 1995, only Elder, Moeller, St. Xavier, Colerain or Wayne have won Region 4.

You keep bringing up field hockey. You are jealous of any team with a state championship trophy aren’t you? If you really want to see a state championship trophy that says Springfield on it that bad. I suggest you go over to central Catholic they have a few.

Oh and they have a Mr. basketball too it’s not football but it is something.

Answer the question! You misspoke! Hypocrite
I answered it with a question
Lakota West lost 2 years ago to X for that same reason a chip shot FG missed that would put them up 10-3. Even worse they had a TD called back right before that on a holding call and an incomplete pass after the hold forced the kick to the hash mark as opposed to straight on and kicker simply overcompensated and missed the kick. But they still had chances to put the game away. A snap over Bolden’s head on 1st and 10 needing just one more first down to salt away. West also had a interception nullified by a penalty on X’s last drive. X later in the drive on a 4th and 10 and finally scored on a 17 yard pass with 27seconds left on a blown coverage and that was that. They had every chance to put X away and didn’t do it. A lot of times a few plays will determine a close game. Turnovers a also big in a close game and could certainly be a big factor in this game coming up. We’ll see how it goes here soon.
True, and LW had it last year but let it get away at the very end. IMO, the difference is LW has been inconsistent and didn't do as well in this year's region championship game. But SHS has done better and gone a little farther each year the past 4-5 years.

Last edited:
You keep bringing up field hockey. You are jealous of any team with a state championship trophy aren’t you? If you really want to see a state championship trophy that says Springfield on it that bad. I suggest you go over to central Catholic they have a few.
SHS has state titles. Just stick with what you know, girls sports like field hockey. I'm pretty sure SHS doesn't have field hockey. So that's your best bet to win anything.

Dayton Wayne won R4 in 1999 and 2010. Since 1995, only Elder, Moeller, St. Xavier, Colerain or Wayne have won Region 4.

I think 1991 Centerville was the last time a team not mentioned on your list came out of R4.

Ohioriverboy42 named Princeton and to that you can add Fairfield. It was back in 1986 but they won a D1 title out of R4.

SHS has state titles. Just stick with what you know, girls sports like field hockey. I'm pretty sure SHS doesn't have field hockey. So that's your best bet to win anything.

They tried to start a field hockey team in the 90’s but realized they could not compete with the fairmont dynasty so they stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.