Red Wave Fizzles: What are the Implications?

Biden to do victory speech in a couple of hours.
Yes because losing the house which means Obidens freeloading printing cash legislation causing record inflation ( strictly for vote pandering at the expense of the responsible middle class) has come to an end, truly something to feel victorious about lol The senate may flip too, it's looking better. Additionally I cant wait for the investigations to begin ;)

Those are your government policies. What will you negotiate on?
Where are the co-sponsored bills? We should never have a bill passed if only one party supports it. Inflation is the major problem. Is there any effort by both parties to get together and work on it? Why is it expected for representatives to vote along party lines? Shouldn't a balanced budget be a goal of government regardless of party? Immigration? Don't we already have laws on the books? Shouldn't be the government job to carry out and enforce the laws regardless of party? Both parties should be working for the benefit of all citizens regardless of party affiliation.

This thread is great:

My answer is simple - we are hopelessly divided in this country.
Pretty much right on.
We are no longer a nation with a belief in God or even a Creator. Yes there are still some who believe, we are now a minority.
This nation either goes through a revival or we will become Babylon the Great.
Trump has spent more time in Stormy Daniels than a church. Almost as strange as evangelicals supporting Herschel Walker over Rev Rafael Warnock (a well know evangelical preacher)

Something tells me it is not about God or religion.

As fellow citizens of the United States, I care. As fellow Ohioans I care even more.
Yawn. Trumbull counties lowly politicians have no significance on the country or even the state for that matter. In reality, they don't even make much difference to the few people that have not left and still live there. If the county clerk were a dem, would anybody even realize it?

Remember when people thought Texas & Florida were on the verge of going "blue" ensuring that the democrats would dominate national elections for decades? How is that working out?

My sense is that a lot of conservative folks from California & Colorado are moving to Texas while conservatives from the Northeast are flocking to Florida. And this migration of people into like minded political regions is happening all across America. Sometimes it's state to state but most times it's within states. Look at Southwest Ohio and the deepening redness of the outlying counties while Hamilton county turns deeply blue.

I suspect that in the next decade the forces of devolution will result in serious secessionist movements in dozens of States. In fact if the USA devolves it may start at the State level.
There is something to what you stated about SW Ohio and it’s probably true in many places. I live in West Clermont and 100 yards from the end of our cul de sac is Anderson Twp (Hamilton Co.) You can almost see the political yard signs change from Red to Blue within a few miles. Quite funny actually.

Yawn. Trumbull counties lowly politicians have no significance on the country or even the state for that matter. In reality, they don't even make much difference to the few people that have not left and still live there. If the county clerk were a dem, would anybody even realize it?
Enlighten me. Why is Trumbull county so different than the rest of the state?

Obviously you have no idea what is going on in Trumbull County, so flipping to Republican was a huge deal. Also Timmy got taken down in Ohio, so I guess that is not important to you either.

Perfect analogy, in a left-handed way. You think this is like a game, an election. If the Democrats stay in power, your grandchildren will be lucky if they even get to play election. That is what you should be crying about.
the only ones crying are those on right , namely you. if the republicans would have won , elections would be over , remember the republicans are the party of voter fraud.

Well, this is classic kooky right tripe. Isn't the whole "thing" about civilization that we understand our basic nature and build systems and structures to help make us better. Your take has us still living as hunter/gatherers.

When I talk about give and take, I recognize that both sides need a trip to the woodshed.

Your comments identify you as a right-wing extremist...akin to those on the far left that you despise. As people serious about governance and a stable society, we need to marginalize you (which was done pretty effectively until recently...so we will drive you back into your basement...maybe turn off your power!)....and do the same to whacko lefty/commies and get back to a society where that middle 60% (on both sides of the middle) run the country.
You must have read some pretty crappy history books if you think tribalism is something that only applies to hunter/gatherer society's. We have plenty of evidence that tribalism has been a major driving force of human behavior throughout the industrial and technological age. People ignore this force at their peril.

It must be nice to climb up on the moral high ground by declaring yourself a proud member of the magical middle. Of course your definition of the "middle" is solidly left of center.

Calling me a "right wing extremist" is only proof that your notion of the middle is pretty far left. It's also proof that you've never actually met a far right extremist. The truth is that in America there aren't to many of them.

I do love your call for a "stable society". You might want to consider that the pursuit of "stable society's" has often been the rational for all sorts of evil actions from genocide to book burning. By hey at least the society is stable.

But nothing speaks to the truth of who you are and what you believe then your last sentence. That inner totalitarian is hard to keep hidden isn't it? Go ahead and "marginalize" me and "turn off my power". It's all in a good cause right? Funny though that those in my tribe on the right rarely call for people like you to be silenced. We welcome the debate. But then again your arguments are weak and ours are pretty damn strong.

You might disagree with his take, but you are missing his point. His point, as I read it, is there is no 60% in the middle. Only a small percent who don’t clearly fall into a left or right camp, thus major national division.
Exactly right.

Pretty much right on.
We are no longer a nation with a belief in God or even a Creator. Yes there are still some who believe, we are now a minority.
This nation either goes through a revival or we will become Babylon the Great.
God isn't real.

Hope this helps.

I’ll list things that should be easy for all sides to unite behind:

1. Prioritize safety and punish criminals.
2. Secure the national borders.
3. Energy independence as well as key areas of manufacturing done in the USA to help ensure national security.
4. A strong military.

That any of the four has a side against it is ridiculous.
This is a perfect example of how far apart we are. You and me see support for your statements as basic common sense that all thinking people would agree on. They see the exact opposite.