Central Buckeye Conference 2022

i would actually say it’s more likely than not that St Clair will be a wildcat at some point in the next 2 years.. if the betting odds were +600 tgen id risk a lot of money..

anytime there’s a good QB in the area at a small school, Mo is on the phone quicker than it will take Tecumseh vs KR to finish the 4th quarter on friday..
I tend to disagree with St Clair in the next few years moving on to a different program, now that doesn't mean that other programs won't try to persuade him away. His family has history in Bellefontaine and he is getting plenty of exposure right where he is at.

They are just upset that KR gets destroyed every game, I know there is talent at that school I just think poor coaching and good talent moving to play at Springfield city.
They have a ton of talent at the junior high level, probably more than everybody except for London (who seems to throttle everyone every year in junior high). As long as they can keep those kids together, they should improve a lot over the next few years.

this is a load of crap. the CBC just realigned this spring based off of enrollment. KR was in the top half of schools in terms of enrollment. there’s no merit to this happening.

the only thing that i would personally like to see is the CBC move to north/south divisions, which would probably work.
I would be all for splitting North/South. I understand the logic/rationale behind enrollment based divisions, but the league is getting too spread out geographically IMO. The Mad River division is going to be a giant mess once they flip Urbana and Shawnee.

I would be all for splitting North/South. I understand the logic/rationale behind enrollment based divisions, but the league is getting too spread out geographically IMO. The Mad River division is going to be a giant mess once they flip Urbana and Shawnee.
Shawnee to North Union for a 7pm 8th grade basketball game on a monday in january will be nuts!

a north/south split probably makes everyone happy except Graham and Northwestern

I tend to disagree with St Clair in the next few years moving on to a different program, now that doesn't mean that other programs won't try to persuade him away. His family has history in Bellefontaine and he is getting plenty of exposure right where he is at.
Idk what I’m missing they have a great team and he’s already getting P5 exposure why would he leave. The weapons he has around him is I’d say above the norm for Bellefontaine he’s got really good WRs and RB who will honestly probably get low D1 looks themselves. What could Springfield sell him on

i hope you are right.. i’m all for players playing for 4 years at the same school. it’s important for a kid to play with the other kids he’s grown up with. i truly hope the kid stays.

just doesn’t seem too likley. once a kid gets to his junior or senior year and the college recruiting gets more “real” then they are more likely going to consider other options. what if Ohio State tells St Clair that if they’re going to offer him, they need to see him play GWOC level competition for a year or 2? that makes it really tempting for a kid.

Cade Rice had history at Greenon. Schondelmyer has a lot of history at Arcanum. they both would’ve led very good teams at their home school there senior year.. but it didn’t matter. they did what they thought they had to do get to get a prized D1 scholarship

i hope you are right.. i’m all for players playing for 4 years at the same school. it’s important for a kid to play with the other kids he’s grown up with. i truly hope the kid stays.

just doesn’t seem too likley. once a kid gets to his junior or senior year and the college recruiting gets more “real” then they are more likely going to consider other options. what if Ohio State tells St Clair that if they’re going to offer him, they need to see him play GWOC level competition for a year or 2? that makes it really tempting for a kid.

Cade Rice had history at Greenon. Schondelmyer has a lot of history at Arcanum. they both would’ve led very good teams at their home school there senior year.. but it didn’t matter. they did what they thought they had to do get to get a prized D1 scholarship
In this case St. Clair is already on everyone's radar, The Vols had him down last weekend at Rocky Top. All he needs to do now is figure out where he best fits in. Good luck to the young man. He has plenty of time to decide, just enjoy the ride.

They have a ton of talent at the junior high level, probably more than everybody except for London (who seems to throttle everyone every year in junior high). As long as they can keep those kids together, they should improve a lot over the next few years.
History dictates that KR, Northridge MS, has a ton of talent and sets expectations for the future but somehow that doesn't seem to transfer into HS. I know the Jr. classes at Shawnee and Bellefontaine were the end all beat all but so far, that Bellefontaine class may be a year out and Shawnee, which may have the upper hand on them, have reached their peak. Though next year may be better for SHS and BHS, KR should have been there with them and aren't. It just seems KR is a dumpster fire and I dont know what the problem is to why that MS talent cannot excel in HS. I loved Marratta as KR HC and thought him to be a quality coach. I'm not privy to why he stepped down but I do know they were better with him.

Great post. Sad part is, Rice, screwed Greenon out of an exceptional year. Where is he now after the transferring from South Dakota State, Wofford? I hope St. Clair stays put....no indication he is going anywhere or than us old farts playing the guessing game. When you are good, colleges will find you.

Idk what I’m missing they have a great team and he’s already getting P5 exposure why would he leave. The weapons he has around him is I’d say above the norm for Bellefontaine he’s got really good WRs and RB who will honestly probably get low D1 looks themselves. What could Springfield sell him on
"What could Springfield sell him"...maybe a Division I State Title Just say'n

I don't think coaches should be predicting scores on teams he coaches at, especially if his players have seen some of the comments he/she has made.

ehhh.. you’re thinking right but your logic into placing teams into leagues makes little to no sense. i would actually agree that this league should dissolve or combine with the OHC..

i personally think the CBC has gone to s**t. and i don’t mean competitively- a lot of teams are solid. but this league has seemed to have lost a lot of sense of tradition and rivalry. it’s just a group of schools who probably don’t even know how they ended up together even.. the CBC was at its best in the 1990s… just my two sense.
Speaking from a central Ohio perspective I think it is crazy that North Union is in this conference. Travel for them to most of schools is around an hour if not more. I can't imagine the other schools like to make the trip to Richwood either. Also the communities have no connection to each other. It's not much fun without some true rivalries on your schedule. I've been to couple rivalry games when NU was in the MOAC and the atmosphere was so much better than any of the CBC games. Also I don't know why anyone would speak lowly of the CBC, specifically the Kenton Trail division. There is some good talent in all sports on that side of the league. The other side can be very week in some sports but they have some years where they put some big time talent out there.

I don't think coaches should be predicting scores on teams he coaches at, especially if his players have seen some of the comments he/she has made.
I'm going to agree with your statement. However, I haven't really seen anything on this thread that would indicate a coach, she/he, they/them or whatever you cats call people now days, that has be counterintuitive to what others think. I think I have read one other post besides mine picking winners and scores and the other, about the same as mine. Now we are into a certain coach in a certain town that starts with a S, that is common to where Homer Simpson lives that has an occurrence to recruit HS football players.

Speaking from a central Ohio perspective I think it is crazy that North Union is in this conference. Travel for them to most of schools is around an hour if not more. I can't imagine the other schools like to make the trip to Richwood either. Also the communities have no connection to each other. It's not much fun without some true rivalries on your schedule. I've been to couple rivalry games when NU was in the MOAC and the atmosphere was so much better than any of the CBC games. Also I don't know why anyone would speak lowly of the CBC, specifically the Kenton Trail division. There is some good talent in all sports on that side of the league. The other side can be very week in some sports but they have some years where they put some big time talent out there.
Nice post!!!

Great post. Sad part is, Rice, screwed Greenon out of an exceptional year. Where is he now after the transferring from South Dakota State, Wofford? I hope St. Clair stays put....no indication he is going anywhere or than us old farts playing the guessing game. When you are good, colleges will find you.
Rice is at Wofford now and i believe he’s gotten some playing time this year.

i’ve put my thoughts out multiple times on here of the Rice situation: probably the right decision for him in the long run but could’ve handled the transfer better. he’s a great kid and i hope to see him succeed in wherever life brings him. as for Greenon, they’re a top 3 team in R20 in 2020 if they had Rice and i would’ve given them a punchers chance to make it out of the region and to the state final 4. in Rices case, if it weren’t for COVID, then he probably would’ve had a state championship under his belt at Northmont. he was a once in a blue moon quality QB at a small school.

the CBC is full of competitive teams but a lot of them don’t belong in a league together geographically or culturally. great point about North Union. i actually think being in a division with Ben Logan and Indian Lake is pretty ideal- but that’s about it. they should be playing the schools in logan, union, and north/east champaign county mainly, they have no business driving to clark county to play games.

the CBC is full of competitive teams but a lot of them don’t belong in a league together geographically or culturally. great point about North Union. i actually think being in a division with Ben Logan and Indian Lake is pretty ideal- but that’s about it. they should be playing the schools in logan, union, and north/east champaign county mainly, they have no business driving to clark county to play games.
Yup. I think NW should go to the OHC. Do an OHC/CBC swap. LOL!

Rice is at Wofford now and i believe he’s gotten some playing time this year.

i’ve put my thoughts out multiple times on here of the Rice situation: probably the right decision for him in the long run but could’ve handled the transfer better. he’s a great kid and i hope to see him succeed in wherever life brings him. as for Greenon, they’re a top 3 team in R20 in 2020 if they had Rice and i would’ve given them a punchers chance to make it out of the region and to the state final 4. in Rices case, if it weren’t for COVID, then he probably would’ve had a state championship under his belt at Northmont. he was a once in a blue moon quality QB at a small school.
Rice was special and considering what was around him on that team. Greenon would have competed in the Region and possibly finial 4. Glad to hear he is doing well with his decisions. He was a really good HS QB and it was a pleasure to see him play.

Some Pretty decent clips of each week if you haven't already started following the channel
Nice video and honestly it would have been nice to see Fogan actually run into the endzone, lol. That is a neat thing. Is it a HS kid production? Curious to see the other videos that you have. Again, good stuff. (y)

BTW, I just learned what emojis are and will use them in the future, if I know what the hell some of them mean.:unsure: